sky + & rgb passthroo problem

Old July 6th 03, 06:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Default sky + & rgb passthroo problem

willa wrote:

I recently had sky + installed and was rather pleased to discover that it
had a second scart with rgb input giving rgb passthrough to the tele.

All Sky digiboxes have this, except the minibox.

So I assume that there must be something wrong with the rgb passthrough on
the sky + box.

Me2, though have you tried changing your scart leads?

Is this a valid reason for contacting sky about this problem?

I would. You've bought a new box and it should be perfect.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 6th 03, 08:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
JonnySkyman

"Jomtien" wrote in message
willa wrote:
Is this a valid reason for contacting sky about this problem?

I would. You've bought a new box and it should be perfect.

If you can live with the S-video i would. If your Digibox is replaced the it
is likely to be with a refurbished one - not an option i would welcome.

Js

Old July 7th 03, 07:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

JonnySkyman wrote:

Is this a valid reason for contacting sky about this problem?

I would. You've bought a new box and it should be perfect.

If you can live with the S-video i would. If your Digibox is replaced the it
is likely to be with a refurbished one - not an option i would welcome.

You can always refuse a refurbished box and demand a complete refund,
and this would normally produce a brand new box.
God bless distance selling and credit cards.

Old July 8th 03, 07:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
willa

So I assume that there must be something wrong with the rgb passthrough

on
the sky + box.

Me2, though have you tried changing your scart leads?

With the scart connected directly to the TV scart rgb socket, the picture is
perfect, so it can't be the scart lead - ???

Wlla

Old July 9th 03, 06:36 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

willa wrote:

With the scart connected directly to the TV scart rgb socket, the picture is
perfect, so it can't be the scart lead

In that case it looks like a faulty Sky+.