Sky subscription - FTA Saga

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 5th 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Rob Taylor

Default Sky subscription - FTA Saga

Hi all,

I have a sky box which I have been using for a while with the BBC
card. Now they are cutting ITV, C4 and C5, I thought I would buy a
subscription for the box (I'd been wanting to do this for a while but
never got around to it).
So I call Sky and one of their 'cocky' sales people tell me that even
though I have a box/dish already, the only way I can subscribe to Sky
is to buy a new box from them for 1.

Can this be true? I don't want a new box, and I certainly don't want
them to come and install a dish when I have one that is perfectly
fine. Surely they can send me a new card and sub without a new box.

Has anyone else had any experience with this, and can offer any
suggestion about what I should do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob