Sky subscription - FTA Saga

Old July 5th 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Rob Taylor

Default Sky subscription - FTA Saga

Hi all,

I have a sky box which I have been using for a while with the BBC
card. Now they are cutting ITV, C4 and C5, I thought I would buy a
subscription for the box (I'd been wanting to do this for a while but
never got around to it).
So I call Sky and one of their 'cocky' sales people tell me that even
though I have a box/dish already, the only way I can subscribe to Sky
is to buy a new box from them for 1.

Can this be true? I don't want a new box, and I certainly don't want
them to come and install a dish when I have one that is perfectly
fine. Surely they can send me a new card and sub without a new box.

Has anyone else had any experience with this, and can offer any
suggestion about what I should do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob
Old July 5th 03, 11:52 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Mike CJ

"Rob Taylor" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I have a sky box which I have been using for a while with the BBC
card. Now they are cutting ITV, C4 and C5, I thought I would buy a
subscription for the box (I'd been wanting to do this for a while but
never got around to it).
So I call Sky and one of their 'cocky' sales people tell me that even
though I have a box/dish already, the only way I can subscribe to Sky
is to buy a new box from them for 1.

Can this be true? I don't want a new box, and I certainly don't want
them to come and install a dish when I have one that is perfectly
fine. Surely they can send me a new card and sub without a new box.

Has anyone else had any experience with this, and can offer any
suggestion about what I should do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Rob

I would have thought that a digibox, lnb, dish, cabling and installation all
for 1 would be great, you would then have two boxes, one of which would only
receive the BBC channels & BBC 4 is great, and the other for all channels, all
that for 1 is not to be sneezed at.
Mike.

---

Old July 6th 03, 07:56 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky,uk.media.tv.sky
Rob Taylor

Hi,

Having thought about this a bit more since the call with Sky (I was a
bit miffed at them telling me it wasn't possible), it would not be
such a bad thing to get a new box. Of course I would have to take a
min term 12 month contract, but the really annoying part is the need
for installation. I assume that that they would want to come to the
house and remove my existing dish and cableing. It just seems a lot of
work when it could be so easy! I'll give them another call and see if
I can get any more joy out of them.

thanks
Rob