FTV advice--- I have 2nd generation card

Old July 5th 03, 09:26 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Dave P

Default FTV advice--- I have 2nd generation card

I have been reading the posts avidly and deduced that we would lose Channel
4, ITV and five soon so I decided to buy into a Sky package. (We have no
terrestial tv reception here).

Some of the latest posts suggest our card (with the house on it post Feb 03)
might last sometime. As all I want is BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Five
what would you reckon I do? Cancel my new Sky card or hold on.

Cheers

Dave

(PS Won't the BBC be up the creek without a paddle having gobe FTA? When it
was encrypted there werea few viewers who got cards abroad, but no anyone
with any digibox will receive it (with their big dishes). Will film
companies and sports events sell their programmes to the BBC knowing it will
get european airing? I doubt it.)

Old July 5th 03, 09:35 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
oo^^artnada^^oo

Dave P wrote:
| I have been reading the posts avidly and deduced that we would lose
| Channel 4, ITV and five soon so I decided to buy into a Sky package.

Exactly what Sky want you to do!

| Some of the latest posts suggest our card (with the house on it post
| Feb 03) might last sometime.

It is a new card and Sky probably won't change the cars againfor a few years.

As all I want is BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Five what would you reckon I do?

Get Freeview of cable - don't play into Sky's hands.

Cancel my new Sky card or hold on.

Keep the card.

Old July 5th 03, 09:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jaime

I have been reading the posts avidly and deduced that we would lose
Channel
4, ITV and five soon so I decided to buy into a Sky package. (We have no
terrestial tv reception here).

Some of the latest posts suggest our card (with the house on it post Feb

03)
might last sometime. As all I want is BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Five
what would you reckon I do? Cancel my new Sky card or hold on.

Cancel the card and wait until the 11th (next friday) to see what happens on
the 10th. Although you might be without some channels for a few days.

Jaime

Old July 6th 03, 06:41 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Dave P wrote:

I have been reading the posts avidly and deduced that we would lose Channel
4, ITV and five soon so I decided to buy into a Sky package. (We have no
terrestial tv reception here).

Some of the latest posts suggest our card (with the house on it post Feb 03)
might last sometime. As all I want is BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and Five
what would you reckon I do? Cancel my new Sky card or hold on.

You can't cancel within the first year.

I suggest a "wait and see" approach before signing up for a Sky
package. I suspect that something will happen to sort this mess out.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.