Connect to a phone line

Old July 5th 03, 11:48 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Bobby Bewl

Default Connect to a phone line

So after a year of connecting Sky to phone line what happens if I disconnect
the phone line?

Bobby

Old July 5th 03, 12:19 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ross

In message , Bobby Bewl
writes
So after a year of connecting Sky to phone line what happens if I disconnect
the phone line?

Bobby

You cant use any interactive services or book pay movies.. Apart from
that, nothing.

All box updates are done over the air, the phone line is only used to
authorise pay per view events, interactive games etc.
--
Ross Lockley
Galashiels

http://www.analoguesat.co.uk

Reply address is spam trapped. Remove the trap to reply direct.
Old July 5th 03, 01:53 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Bobby Bewl

"Ross" ] wrote in message
In message , Bobby Bewl
writes
So after a year of connecting Sky to phone line what happens if I

disconnect
the phone line?

Bobby

You cant use any interactive services or book pay movies.. Apart from
that, nothing.

All box updates are done over the air, the phone line is only used to
authorise pay per view events, interactive games etc.
--
Ross Lockley
Galashiels

Thanks mate. It thought that might be the case. So why do we have to have
it connected for the first year?

Bobby

Old July 5th 03, 06:21 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Bobby Bewl

"Bobby Bewl" wrote in message
So after a year of connecting Sky to phone line what happens if I

disconnect
the phone line?

Bobby

"paul" wrote in message
the box self destructs

Paul

You be careful that you do not destruct when I pull your line.

Bobby

Old July 6th 03, 03:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
jackal

You cant use any interactive services or book pay movies.. Apart from
that, nothing.

You can use interactive - apart from the premium rate stuff (games, shopping
etc).

Sky also want it to be connected so it can perform callbacks so they know it
is at the registered property and you haven't given it to a friend or taken
it abroad.

Old July 6th 03, 04:47 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ross

In message , jackal
writes

You cant use any interactive services or book pay movies.. Apart from
that, nothing.

You can use interactive - apart from the premium rate stuff (games, shopping
etc).

True - sorry about the bad wording of the earlier post - I was intending
to refer to those games etc that require you to dial out. :-)

Old July 6th 03, 08:57 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
BillR

Bobby Bewl wrote:
So after a year of connecting Sky to phone line what happens if I
disconnect the phone line?

Bobby

Nothing. I "accidentally" unplugged mine afer only 3 months. No come back at
all.
I don't use ppv and consider the interactive stuff a waste of time.