Connectivity question

Old July 5th 03, 10:40 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Andrue Cope

Default Connectivity question

In article , Jomtien wrote:
Indeed there are. See the group archives for discussions of this. I
have such a scart switch.

Could you name it please? I've so far tried two electronic switchers
with poor results.

The B-Tech Quintro passes a good picture but my TV keeps alternating
between 16:9 and 4:3 - once or twice a second with occasional pauses.

The Holdan HSR-1000 doesn't pass RGB signals (even though it makes a
big thing of claiming it does) and doesn't pass the 16:9 signal for my
digibox (does for the FreeView and DVD though).

I'm beginning to get sick of this really. Is it so difficult for AV
manufacturers to produce a switch box that works? Why do Holdan feel
it's a good idea to lie about RGB pass through?

Andrue Cope
[Brackley, UK]

Old July 5th 03, 01:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Andrue Cope wrote:

Indeed there are. See the group archives for discussions of this. I
have such a scart switch.

Could you name it please?

Mine is a ComLine. I'm not sure that you can find these in the UK. It
does work fine though.

The B-Tech Quintro passes a good picture but my TV keeps alternating
between 16:9 and 4:3 - once or twice a second with occasional pauses.

Sounds like a duff switch. I've never heard of the brand.

The Holdan HSR-1000 doesn't pass RGB signals (even though it makes a
big thing of claiming it does) and doesn't pass the 16:9 signal for my
digibox (does for the FreeView and DVD though).

I've never heard of that either though I'm surprised that they should
lie. Are you sure that you have switched the RGB on?

There are many other brands of switch. QVC do at least two and AFAIK
OFA do one as well. The oft-recommended Argos one may also be suitable
though I have never seen one.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
Fed up with logos / red buttons? : http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/
----
Only the truth as I see it.
No monies return'd. ;-)
Old July 6th 03, 04:09 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Andrue Cope

In article , Jomtien wrote:
I've never heard of that either though I'm surprised that they should
lie. Are you sure that you have switched the RGB on?

On what? There's no such switch on the switchbox and, yes, my equipment
has been RGB enabled since I bought it.

Sigh.

I'm going to call the two manufacturers on monday but really I'm not
impressed. My 10 Argos manual switch has never let me down.

Andrue Cope
[Brackley, UK]

Old July 7th 03, 08:21 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Andrue Cope wrote:

I've never heard of that either though I'm surprised that they should
lie. Are you sure that you have switched the RGB on?

On what? There's no such switch on the switchbox and, yes, my equipment
has been RGB enabled since I bought it.

On the digibox. It was just a suggestion.