Sky Freeview

Old July 4th 03, 08:39 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
simon

Default Sky Freeview

Seems that Sky are still (or again) offering "freeview".

I found this on the BBC message boards at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2....igital&sort=Te

quote:

I have found a solution, but it means having to pay Sky. They will offer a
Sky Digital Freeview package.

For 120 you get a receiver, a dish, installation and a Sky (NOT BBC)
freeview card. There is NO monthly contract.

I've phoned Sky Customer Services and spoken to a number of their
representatives and have been assured that the card WILL be the new Period 2
type.

The only catches being: 1) I must have the receiver connected to a phone
line for 1 year, there will be no charges unless I use the Pay Per View
(PPV) services.

2) There's no guarantee on what receiver I'll get.

3) There's no visibility of Terms and Conditions for this offer. (Nothing
about it online, and they wont send me details in advance).

Hopefully it will work out fine, will let you know.

If there's anyone out there who've used this service I'd be very interested
in hearing how you got on....

Old July 4th 03, 09:06 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jaime

"simon" wrote in message
[...]

But no c4 and probably no c5, and maybe even no itv. DONT take this offer up
anyone until after the 10th of July (next thursday) when the whole situation
will be much clearer.

Jaime

Old July 5th 03, 07:18 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

simon wrote:

I have found a solution, but it means having to pay Sky. They will offer a
Sky Digital Freeview package.

For £120 you get a receiver, a dish, installation and a Sky (NOT BBC)
freeview card. There is NO monthly contract.

I've phoned Sky Customer Services and spoken to a number of their
representatives and have been assured that the card WILL be the new Period 2
type.

Now, isn't this the most stupid thing that anyone has ever heard of?
You can get a box, FTV card and installation for £120 but you can't
get a card on its own.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
Fed up with logos / red buttons? : http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/