dish wings

Old July 4th 03, 09:15 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ian Stirling

Default dish wings

Steeler wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Chris Vowles wrote:
On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 16:49:02 +0100, "Devon Brown"
wrote:

Does anyone know of any dish wings that I could fit to my 1.2 meter dish

increase it's relative size

It is a nice idea, but I don't think you would ever be able to get
them fitted accurately enough to increase the signal.

It only needs to be accurate to an eighth wave or so, a centimeter should
be fine.
Generating the shape would be interesting though, and I'm unsure if the
LNB would accept very off-axis signals.

It would need to have an expert do the tooling and prob need to be custom
made for your dish. I think it would work out much cheaper buying a new
bigger dish.

Custom made for a given dish - certainly.
If setup right, it might clip onto a given model of dish accurately
enough.
However, it is indeed almost certainly cheaper to buy a bigger dish.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
'Where subtlety fails, we must simply make do with cream pies' -- David Brin