Sky + connection to a PC using S-VIDEO

Old July 4th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Cartman

Default Sky + connection to a PC using S-VIDEO

I've got a video capture card in my PC and want to capture the video output
off my Sky+ box onto hard disk (with a view to burning to cd or dvd) So i
have a scart to s-video converter but all i get is a mono picture.. If i
connect the s-video lead to my dvd players s-video out, the picture is fine.
I've tried another scart to s-video converter but get the same. Is there
something i'm missing here as i don't seem to be able to convert scart to
s-video successfully. I've also tried the scart output from my dvd player
into my pc - that is black and white as well - pointing to the scart to
s-video conversion.

If anyone has done this and got it working properly, let me know how please.

Cheers

Jon.