Confirmation: SKY+ 5.1 requires Optical cable to external AMP?

Old July 4th 03, 10:22 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
David Longley

Default Confirmation: SKY+ 5.1 requires Optical cable to external AMP?

Can someone confirm that in order to get 5.1DD from my SKY+ box I need
to use an optical cable (TOS link) from the SKY+ box to my AV
5.1/6.1/7.1 Amp? is there a particular TYPE of TOS link cable to ask
for?
--
David Longley
Old July 5th 03, 07:19 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

David Longley wrote:

Can someone confirm that in order to get 5.1DD from my SKY+ box I need
to use an optical cable (TOS link) from the SKY+ box to my AV
5.1/6.1/7.1 Amp?

Yes.

is there a particular TYPE of TOS link cable to ask
for?

No.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
Fed up with logos / red buttons? : http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/