When are the old cards

Old July 3rd 03, 06:36 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
nige

Default When are the old cards

Jomtien wrote in message . ..
Adrian (CatMan) wrote:

We called the BBC Free to Air line, and they confirmed that the cards
will become redundant mid July - so no use ordering a new one.

This just isn't true.

It's partially true, when the BBC go free to air you won't need a card to
recieve their channels but it should give you the correct regional programs
for where the card is registered.

The cards will not become redundant as they will still be needed to
receive C4, C5 and ITV (AFAWK). Therefore the statement was totally
untrue. What they meant to say was that cards would not be needed for
the BBC channels from July 10. This is a totally different matter.

By the way, when are you going to update the FAQ with the new channel
numbers for BBC 3 & BBC 4?

When the rest of it gets updated. Which should be this month, as soon
as the BBC FTA move is complete.

Just called the FTV call center

1 No more FTV cards
2 FTV service will cease from 10th July
3 ITV1, C4, C5 will cease on FTV a few weeks later

Asked how I can get C5 as not available where I live on terrestrial
Was informed I would have to subscribe to a satellite tv package such
as SKY,
adult or asian channel.

Looks like a fait accompli

Digital Spy DigSat forum reporting

quote:03-07-2003 16:09
In the last half-hour have started getting FYI box on screen saying
Your viewing of this channel will soon cease - call 0870 430604. Came
up on BBC1 and then Channel 4. Jumping the gun a bit aren't they, with
it only being 3rd July.

nige