why can't i get box office from the EPG?

Old July 3rd 03, 02:54 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ash

Default why can't i get box office from the EPG?

In the service menu, it says my telephone line is connected but my sky+ box
wont let me order box office, telling me to check my telephone conection.
Has anyone else had this problem, or know what the problem might be?

Cheers,
Ash

Old July 3rd 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
jackal

Can you use the modem in other ways? ie. Go onto Channel 4, Press Red, Go
to big brother and make a 25p vote to nominate someone or go onto Sky Games
and try out a 25p game. This is a good way of checking if the box is
faulty.

Old July 4th 03, 10:57 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Angel

Ash wrote:
In the service menu, it says my telephone line is connected but my sky+ box
wont let me order box office, telling me to check my telephone conection.
Has anyone else had this problem, or know what the problem might be?

Cheers,
Ash

I have had the exact same problem since I put the new viewing card in a
couple of months back. All the interactive stuff I have tried works
perfectly it's just Box Office that gives that message.

I kept meaning to ring Sky about it but figured I would wait until
something came on Box Office I actually wanted to see. Sufficed to say,
I haven't rung them

Angel

Old July 4th 03, 06:40 PM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Ash

Just tried voting, and that seems to work (it tod me the vote registered
anyway). I presume that means the modem works.
Any ideas why just box office wouldn't work?
Also
The people at Sky said I havn't had a "call back" or whatever they call it
since december.

Anybody any ideas?

Ash