Ability to control digibox in the lounge from the bedroom

Old July 3rd 03, 07:47 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Hughsie

Default Ability to control digibox in the lounge from the bedroom

Hi
An engineer has recently been round to fix the low band channels (bbc,
itv etc.) which were not working. As a bonus he also connected the Sky
up to the bedroom so I can watch it in bed :-)

Does anyone have any recommendations for gadgets that will allow me to
control the digibox in the lounge from the bedroom.

Cheers
Old July 3rd 03, 08:22 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Tiny Tim

Hughsie wrote:
Hi
An engineer has recently been round to fix the low band channels (bbc,
itv etc.) which were not working. As a bonus he also connected the Sky
up to the bedroom so I can watch it in bed :-)

Does anyone have any recommendations for gadgets that will allow me to
control the digibox in the lounge from the bedroom.

I use a 40 Digisender that transmits picture and stereo sound up to the
bedroom and relays the remote signal back downstairs. But I could equally
well transmit the picture to the back garden for a bit of combined viewing
and tanning;-) (not this week though!)

You don't say how your connection was made but if you don't mind trailing
wires around the house then the Sky TV Link will send the picture up and
the remote signal back. I don't think you get stereo this way.

Final alternative - if you know what you want to watch ahead of time then
just set up the personal planner to automatically switch through the
programmes of interest.

Old July 4th 03, 06:42 AM posted to uk.tech.tv.sky
Jomtien

Hughsie wrote:

As a bonus he also connected the Sky
up to the bedroom so I can watch it in bed :-)

Does anyone have any recommendations for gadgets that will allow me to
control the digibox in the lounge from the bedroom.

If you already have the coax connection then all you need is a £10
TVlink, or similar. See the FAQ.

The Sky Digital FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/4f9c
Fed up with logos / red buttons? : http://www.logofreetv.org.uk/
BBC gone? : http://www.astra2d.cjb.net/