Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
EPG _ "No Information" for some channels by Chris
We have a new PVR - a Matsui - and for some channels we are getting a "No Information" message. We wanted to record the Global Warming programme from More 4 tomorrow (Monday) and got that message. Firstly, how does the EPG work? Secondly, what do we need to do? (I am computer skilled, but know nothing about TV.)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 07 01:00 PM
by Paul Woodsford Go to last post
11 102
New Channel Announced _Teachers' TV by [email protected]
Today's Guardian newspaper has a piece announcing the establishment of a new channel "Teachers' TV". This is to be piloted early next year and to go live next Autumn on Sky, Freeview, NTL and Telewest. If successful it could lead to other dedicated channels for various professions. Funded by the Department for Education and Skills (who will set objectives), Teachers' TV will be contracted out...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 28th 03 10:54 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
16 95
HD_FOX_T2_upgrade by Ivan
I downloaded the upgrade from the Humax website for the the HD fox T2, followed the instructions of transferring it to a USB stick, renamed it - 'HD_FOX_T2_upgrade.hdf' - inserted it into the USB socket on the receiver, put it into standby and then held a standby button for 20 seconds, however all that happens is that it fires up as normal, it does say in the instructions '3. Connect the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 23rd 10 07:20 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
14 78
On_digital by GP
I have an On-Digital box and can receive many free to view channels. Can I receive the latest 5 new channels I am hearing about. A search for new channels does not ad any more than I have ? GeePee
November 15th 03 12:12 AM
by Jonathan C Go to last post
9 73
[OT] The Last Post by Pinnerite
I have just watched my recording of Sunday's broadcast of The Last Post.I think it ranks with the very best of British TV drama. I was completely gripped. Drama is what the BBC does best. -- Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.82-desktop-1.mga5 KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 17 11:13 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 72
IRS to 1 flat _ How to extend to other rooms in same flat by bin me
Hi All, Have an outlet on an IRS to a flat, in the lounge. It has 2 sat feeds from 28E, terrestrial TV, FM/DAB on the face plate. I can access the 2 incoming co-axial cables to the rear of the face plate no problem, if required. I wont to extend all feeds to both bedrooms at the same time, as well keeping them in the lounge. I understand I can daisy chain the TV & FM/DAB, no problem. ...
May 21st 09 08:01 AM
by bin me Go to last post
8 70
What _is_ this 'Mitsubishi' box (2?) by Alex Bird
Andrew Hodgson wrote in message ... Thanks; I went to Richer today to return my Philips and they offered me the Mitsubishi box, which I was a bit wary about, snip It's working beautifully now, but I haven't used any other ftv boxes. It seems a lot quicker than cable and satellite boxes (analogue and digital)...
December 7th 03 11:11 PM
by Alex Bird Go to last post
2 54
April 12th 05 06:46 AM
by Androo Go to last post
3 51
WELCOME TO THE ___________________PAGE......... by [email protected]
WELCOME TO THE ___________________PAGE......... HAVE A _______DAY........ *************************************************************************** http://boobswithlesbian.blogspot.com/ ***************************************************************************
March 18th 08 11:27 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
1 50
Watching via DMR_EX768EB by Stephen Wolstenholme
My Panasonic DMR_EX768EB records or HDD or DVD without any problems while I am watching other programs. I can later play the recorded programs back with no trouble. For the first time tonight I attempted to use just watch a program on ITV. I used the Guide to select the program that was already on and then selected View. It didn't work and the TV just returned to the current program on BBC2 that...
April 2nd 09 10:08 AM
by Stephen Wolstenholme Go to last post
7 46
TV_Theme tunes by Pinnerite[_2_]
This came up this morning on BBC1 breakfast. Are the old ones better/more memorable than the latest ones? Various suggestions of favourites were made but no one mentioned Hill street Blues, definitely one of mine. -- Mageia 4 for x86_64, Kernel:3.14.32-desktop-1.mga4
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 26th 15 05:24 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
44 45
an advanced body builder_stair climber. by [email protected]
The stair climber of HJ1101,HISUN brand ,is one of the body builders, which are used in aerobic training. We are the direct manufacturer in china. Specialty: 1, it is a full automatic intelligent controlling machine, you could preestablish your sport's object, and when it is on, you will catch the data about how long have you done the sport , the mountain height reached, the speed of moving ,...
March 15th 07 01:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 44
What ratio _Rosemary & Thyme_ ? by R. Mark Clayton
"Dom Robinson" wrote in message ... In article , says... What the hell kind of aspect ratio was _Rosemary and Thyme_ broadcast in ? If I watch it in 4:3 the faces look too tall and if I watch it in 16:9 they look too fat.
September 6th 03 02:21 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
0 42
get_iplayer 3.00 released by Pete Forman[_2_]
get_iplayer 3.00 for Windows and other systems was released yesterday. The main feature is: Restored functionality broken by the BBC Some features that were deprecated previously have now gone. Caching has been revised, you will need to rebuild. https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/release300
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 8th 17 11:48 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
38 39
get_iplayer v3.04 by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I noticed an update to get_iplayer v3.03 had shown up in my overdue list of updates waiting to be installed into LM17.1 shortly after reaching a point in my 3 week long transcoding of mpg to mkv odyssey a couple of days back so decided to take the opportunity to close the winXP VM and all the open applications to reduce the risk of update induced screw ups and okeyd the update process. This...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 12th 17 04:43 PM
by Ian Jackson[_7_] Go to last post
30 31
HUMAX PVR _ 9300T EPG by Alaric
I have a HUMAX 9300T which I bought in December, 2010, and which works perfectly except for the EPG. While this is supposed to show forthcoming programmes for the ensuing 7 days, today it shows only programmes up till Tuesday. After that it is a blank. This can be variable on occasions but after three or four days ahead there will be details of only a few channels. My understanding has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 21st 14 09:50 AM
by Mark[_6_] Go to last post
27 28
get_iplayer v3.07 problem with --available-since hours) command by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I've just updated get_iplayer via the ubuntu PPA (using Linux Mint 17.1) and the "--available-since hours" command no longer produces any listings, nor even an error message. I've checked out the documentation and the FAQs but can't find an answer. I've tried the cache rebuild command and even restarted the computer but all to no avail. The previous update to v3.06 just over a month ago...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 15th 17 10:24 AM
by Davey Go to last post
13 14
get_iplayer and FFMPEG travails in Linux Mint 17.1 (solved - ish) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
I suppose this *might* be better posted to a Linux group but I thought I might get more targeted advice here seeing as it's a rather technical digital TV issue. :-) About 6 or so months back, I decided to try to get_iplayer working so I could retrieve some of the off-air recordings that my Kaffeine based PVR scheduling had missed for one reason or another (occasionally an oversight on my...
March 5th 17 02:00 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
9 10
get_iplayer cannot get metadata since 13th March (Monday afternoon) by Johnny B Good[_2_]
Hello group. I've not been able to update the index since Monday afternoon. Requesting the full TV listing (piped to a text file) reveals an index with less than 7000 entries, none later than about 2pm last Monday. If I try to force a list of *added* entries by looking for "channel patrol", it comes up empty. It looks like either something's screwed up my installation of get_iplayer...
March 17th 17 02:32 AM
by Johnny B Good[_2_] Go to last post
7 8
Post New Thread