Post New Thread
Analog Ch 32 receiving SKY program. by [email protected]
In the course of investigation of interference when watching video tapes, I have isolated the problem to receiving a SKY program on analogue CH 32. The picture is just a little snowy but perfectly viewable. My DTTV pace box and video recorder have been eliminated (unplugged from mains and aerial chain) as the source of the signal. I do not have SKY! The next door neighbour (other half of...
July 4th 03 09:53 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
5 561
'TMPGEnc DVD Author' Problems with 16:9 & 4:3 ratio by Paul Dundas
"martin dibb" wrote in message ... I have a video recorded with the Nebula-Electronics DigiTV card. The portion I want to record to DVD has an aspect ratio (AR) of 4:3 but a short segment before is 16:9. There's the rub! The initial 16:9 portion is setting the AR for the entire clip making the 4:3 section look vertically ...
July 4th 03 09:26 AM
by Paul Dundas Go to last post
0 368
Central (East Midlands} by Badlad
Dont seem to be able get Central (East Midlands). on Satallite , always get Central (West Midlands) , any 1 any Ideas of Frequency for Central (East Midlands )
July 4th 03 07:02 AM
by Badlad Go to last post
5 830
Sky1 went widescreen! by System Addict
"David van Kemenade" wrote It's clear that Sky is probably not the most innovative broadcaster in the UK. Sky invested millions and millions in developing, from scratch, a completely propietary digital satellite system, including a complete set up for uplinking hundreds of channels, then the EPG software including interactive services for each set top box, encryption that has yet to be hacked,...
July 4th 03 05:46 AM
by Ed Ellers Go to last post
5 445
TV License Evasion by R. Mark Clayton
"Bill Bennett" wrote in message ... So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. Probably the best way is to get a TV card and insert it in a PC. Insert a high pass filter in the aerial socket so the IF (what the detectors looks for) doesn't leak out. Make sure the PC has metal case.
July 4th 03 12:53 AM
by Dave Go to last post
9 588
Squarials ( Albert's Attic) by Wrightsaerials
Tarzan, I think. A role traditionally reserved for a two legged actor. Your right leg is fine. I have nothing against your right leg. Unfortunately neither do you. Yes that's right. And doesn't he use the word 'unidexter', which isn't a real word? Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
July 4th 03 12:44 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 309
Philips 32PW6506 Problem resolved! by sam
i bet if you look inside the scar sockit will have some work done on it too i know these thing cos i fix the dame things "Fred Glaser" wrote in message ... Hi Folks Some of you may remember I was having trouble with a blue tint on my picture when an RGB input was selected. Well I am pleased to say that it...
July 4th 03 12:26 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 351
Philips 32PW6506 Problem resolved! by sam
i resister or cap on the blue pin to earth will fix it or do it inside the box and your done "Fred Glaser" wrote in message ... Hi Folks Some of you may remember I was having trouble with a blue tint on my picture when an RGB input was selected. Well I am pleased to say that it has now been fixed. The...
July 4th 03 12:24 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 344
Pace Ondigital box by JR
Works fine, but mostly only on the remote control. The only button that works is ON/OFF, and that not all the time. Is that usual, no way of getting the buttons to work!.
July 3rd 03 10:25 PM
by Paul Evans Go to last post
5 472
Hauppauge Win tv Nova by Sid
With reference to the problems I was having (see earlier in thread): Well I now have a fully working TV Card :) I upgraded my PC, and put the TV Card at the bottom - as far away from the other cards as possible. Strangely I could not get the software to work (1.48) as no channels were found during the search and I did not seem to be getting any signal (even after doing the uk.reg thing). But I...
July 3rd 03 10:04 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
1 392
Nebula Delivery by Tom
Hi, Last night I ordered a nebula DigiTV card. I then receieved an email today (sent yesterday) saying it would be despatched on the 3rd (today). What I'm asking is, will there be any chance of it arriving tommorow? Also, what type of delivery do they use? Royal mail? I'm asking as if it doesn't come tommorow or saturday (as well as the fact some couriers don't deliver saturdays), no one...
July 3rd 03 07:12 PM
by Jaime Go to last post
3 348
widesceen on freeview by Carl Hender
Hi I know this sounds like a newbie question but I need it answered thanks. I have seen some freeview boxes saying they decode widescreen TV and some that don't mention it at all. I have a 32" widescreen TV and used to have NTL cable TV but had trouble with signal strength. I've had an aerial updated to receive freeview but have not chosen a box yet. Will even a cheep STB decode widescreen for...
July 3rd 03 06:56 PM
by Carl Hender Go to last post
3 472
Squarials ( Albert's Attic) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Getting a few 'page not found's in the pics. Yes, sorry, the webmistress hasn't quite finished the Attic. Ooh, that sounds tempting. Where can I get a webmistress from? ;) -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
July 3rd 03 06:20 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
5 403
FTV Card Services NOT Issuing any more Series 2 Cards by Stuart
"Chris Vowles" wrote in message ... A dark day for all those who bought boxes to view FTV TV on, bye bye five. Yes, I do remember just a year ago some strange people here deriding my decision to get a DVTA instead of a FTV Satellite setup.
July 3rd 03 06:05 PM
by Adrian \(CatMan\) Go to last post
6 485
What good is a spare digi box? by Paul Turner
Hi - I am new to all this so please bear with me! I have recently had sky digital installed in my lounge with the movies/sport package. However someone I know is selling a sky digibox and I wondered what good it would be if I put in my bedroom and connected it to the dish? It doesn't have a card... - Is it easy to split the cable from the dish so it goes to both boxes? - Will the box work at...
July 3rd 03 03:51 PM
by Mark Go to last post
3 381
How to Make a DVD from a Nebula DigiTV source? by martin dibb
Thanks for all the tips on how you author DVDs. I've been trialing TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.11.37, if you don't have it download it for a free 30 day trial. It 'blows the socks off' DVDMF!! To use it, simply perform the two stages of muxing that Ron suggested, then load the file into TMPGEnc DVD Author. There you can cut out adverts, add menus (even animated menus!), chapters, etc.
July 3rd 03 12:35 PM
by martin dibb Go to last post
0 384
BBC adverts by David Robinson
All the ads on BBC TV are a pain (though they don't annoy me _that_ much), so why not replace them with something useful? Sometimes now, then tell you what's on BBC1, BBC2, and one other channel. Instead, they could give us a run down of the lot at some programme junctions: "your choice now on the BBC: In a moment here on BBC1, Eastenders;
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 03 11:57 AM
by BD Go to last post
10 1,118
TV License Evasion by fred
In article , Bill Bennett [email protected] EGGIE.co.uk writes So, a friend of mine is going to Uni this year, he wants to watch telly in his dormroom. What are the chances TV-L will come and kick his ass if he doesnt pay? What if he has a real TV (which he covers up if the detectors come round), and fobs them off with a little battery powered handheld TV...
July 3rd 03 09:33 AM
by Ian Clark Go to last post
5 480
Freeview: We want Eurosport and SKY1 by AD C
"Robin Smith" wrote in message news:[email protected] You mean loosing arguing dont you (-: No, just fed up with it. I suppose thats to be expected when you are so new to the Internet
July 3rd 03 07:59 AM
by AD C Go to last post
0 415
Rigger's Diary by Dom Robinson
In article , says... On Parkway on the way to a job in Rotherham about a hundred red balloons were swirling about just above the road and up in the sky. Was it 99 red balloons floating in the summer sky? -- Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk /* http://DVDfever.co.uk (editor)
July 3rd 03 07:50 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
4 467
Post New Thread