Post New Thread
TOT dog poetry by Bill Wright[_2_]
OK, I know I shouldn't pollute the rarefied air of the top-notch techy talk that suffuses this esteemed group, but I couldn't resist sharing these little verses by David Sedaris. If you have or have ever had a dog you will understand. Bill Pepper, Spot, and Leopold Were sent by God, so I've been told, In hopes we might all comprehend
January 20th 14 12:30 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 165
One for Bill ... by Scott[_2_]
Two aerials met on the roof. They fell in love and got married. The ceremony was rubbish but the reception was brilliant!
January 19th 14 08:57 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 307
Strange Happenings on Retuning a Digi Box by r brooks
Grateful for any advice on my situation with a Digi Box, when i've just done a *factory-default* on a Humax HDR Fox T2, which I did because i was missing some TV channels. I'm located in Finchley North London near a Relay Station, but my main transmitter is Crystal Palace. When i did my factory default the BBC TV programs were rubbish (picture breaking up). I remembered some advice to use a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 19th 14 02:42 PM
by The Natural Philosopher[_2_] Go to last post
25 884
Happiness can not be missed,Come here,you will live a happier life. by mark lilina
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life.That word is love.Where there is great love, there are always miracles.its hard for single live alone,untimely want love…want to be in love and be in a romantic relationship with someone.If you are a single and want to love and to be loved , join the site- www.Millionairesinglesonline.org - ,it's the best and most effective dating site and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 14 10:03 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 475
Recovering Humax zero length files by Paul D Smith[_2_]
If you spot a bug or error in the following procedure, please update this and repost for the benefit of others. This procedure should work for both SD and HD files but I believe for SD you can probably ignore all the Foxy related stuff and jump straight to step 6. The think to look for is if your program lists with "ENC" next to it, it is encrypted and you will need steps 1-5. Here's how -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 18th 14 05:11 PM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
28 496
Broadcasting duration by Davey
Who decides when a TV program has finished, as far as a PVR is concerned? My new Humax-Fox recently decided that the last episode of Inspector Montalbano had finished several minutes before the actual end, and that was with a 5-minute padding time. Then last night, with a 10-minute padding time set up, the longest available, it stopped recording Ripper Street while the credits and 'Next Week ..'...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 18th 14 02:42 PM
by tim...... Go to last post
128 1,412
Worth keeping an eye on this bloke for a bit. by Colin Stamp[_2_]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEOxix7-kXk I can't believe he just wandered in and they gave it to him! The teardown should be interesting when it comes though. Cheers, Colin.
January 17th 14 07:45 PM
by Colin Stamp[_2_] Go to last post
8 270
BBC iPlayer "Precondition Failed" by Stephen
BBC iPlayer has not been working since this morning, and I get this error message when I try to play something: "Precondition Failed Precondition on the request for the URL /iplayerstream/secure_auth/1500kbps_stb/modav/bUnknownlong string of numbers.mp4 evaluated to false." Does anyone know what it means or what I can do about it? Repowering the box and replugging the network makes no...
January 17th 14 06:34 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
8 632
ĘDo I need this aerial lead connected any more? by Dave Saville[_2_]
Our TV is an old analog only. I drive it from a Topfield PVR. Is there any point in connecting the RF from the Toppy to the TV? In the interests of a tidy up. Would it upset anything on the Toppy? TIA -- Regards Dave Saville
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 14 05:35 PM
by alan Go to last post
17 537
Local TV versus the local relays by Bill Wright[_2_]
I'm wondering if this potential problem will be acknowledged by the powers-that-be. Local TV from Crosspool (Sheffield) will use ch55, which is also used by the Wincobank relay. The Wincobank relay is used at a lot of locations because of multipath on Crosspool signals. No doubt in some cases people will be able to switch from Winco to Crosspool, but even so... The situation is similar at...
January 17th 14 07:14 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
5 200
sky adverts by Andy Burns[_8_]
Sky HD+ boxes are apparently set to download targeted adverts to hard disk, and play them instead of the normal ad breaks while watching live TV http://www.skymedia.co.uk/sky-adsmart/about-sky-adsmart.aspx
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 14 07:14 PM
by tim...... Go to last post
13 283
Local muxes and frequency planning.... by [email protected]
Anyone notice that Sutton Coldfield, Oxford, Hannington, Ridge Hill and Wrekin are all using ch 51 for the planned respective local tv muxes? Sandy Heath already uses ch 51 for one of the COM muxes..... I fear interesting times ahead particularly for those who can recieve two different transmitters.....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 14 06:20 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
15 574
TV distribution system project by Bill Wright[_2_]
My own TV distribution system was in need of attention. It had a lot of minor faults. Then I learnt about muxes 7 and 8, and the local transmissions, none of which would be carried by the system without modification. Being more-or-less retired I decided I had the time to do something about it. However I didn’t want to spend money on it. So I decided to do the whole thing from bits and bobs...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 15th 14 11:32 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
75 1,082
Dad's Army in HD by Tweed[_2_]
Dad's Army on BBC2 HD tonight is listed as being an HD originated programme. Does anyone how it can be in HD as I thought it was shot in the studio on SD colour cameras. It's not one of the filmed episodes. (Except for some of the outside scenes) The picture looks noticeably sharper than the average Dad's Army episode. Tonight's episode is entitled "Manhunt".
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 15th 14 03:22 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
42 1,067
gap in messages by Bill Wright[_2_]
I didn't get a message from this group between last night at 23.36 and 11.06 today. This is most unusual. Did everyone shut up or is there a fault? Bill
January 14th 14 09:05 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
9 212
Remotes by Bill Wright[_2_]
I started the horrible job of sorting out the stock room this morning. I haven't done it for 35 years. I was so cold this morning. It was -6 in there (it's a freestanding building). I found some ridiculous stuff. Really ridiculous. Whatever possessed me to save things like that? For many years I've had a weird feeling that turnbuckles (used to tighten guy wires, etc) have been evaporating....
January 13th 14 08:04 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
9 171
Sky TV on demand by Mr Pounder
I posted this to uk.tech.tv.sky but it looks a bit dead in there Okay, I'm stupid and know nothing about wireless. I got my TV on demand wireless connector yesterday. I can plug it in etc, then it comes to the password thingee. I'm supposed to enter it on the Sky remote control, but it would seem that many people have had problems doing this as the passphase is letters. My Virgin Media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 14 03:07 PM
by Mr Pounder Go to last post
14 484
Is teletext dead ? by Viewer
I note teletext has disappeared from ITV and Ch4 - in fact probably everywhere except BBC1 SD and BBC2 SD. I do use it for racing results and football results when I don't wish to check on the computer. (Also I use it via Freeview, as it takes too long to access via my Virgin cable box.) Is the BBC teletext on borrowed time ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 14 11:31 PM
by Derek F[_4_] Go to last post
19 351
HDTVs and audio by Jim Lesurf[_2_]
At long last I've decided to take the plunge and buy an HDTV 'Freeview' set. Almost certainly an LED Panasonic of modest size. I'd welcome some answers to a few pretty basic questions, mainly wrt the audio side of operations. 1) Is it standard for such sets to accept audio in via HDMI and then copy that out via an SPDIF coax/optical outlet for connection to a decent external DAC? If the answer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 14 10:54 AM
by Andy Furniss[_3_] Go to last post
70 978
Humax update announcement tomorrow...... HD recording problem fix?? by Dickie mint[_2_]
On Humax facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HumaxUK "Check back here tomorrow as we are releasing an update! " Wonder if they've fixed the Freeview HD recording problem??? Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 14 11:31 PM
by Davey Go to last post