Post New Thread
Russ Andrews wins again! by JohnT[_7_]
http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2014/1/Russ-Andrews-Accessories-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_228690.aspx -- JohnT
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 14 10:37 AM
by Davey Go to last post
18 439
Don't hoard your old stuff by Bill Wright[_2_]
OK I admit it. I am a hoarder. I look at the item, turn it over in my hands, and think, "Maybe it will come in..." The consequences of this behaviour have stared to hit me. When I moved to my present house 35 years ago I brought an awful lot of stuff. That was a warning, but I ignored it. This house is quite big and for a while I was able to accommodate the ever-growing quantity of 'stock'. Over...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 23rd 14 03:06 PM
by Theo Markettos Go to last post
95 2,160
Get your own star in sky by [email protected]
Let me ask you a few question : Do you can have your own star you look to it everyday and everybody knows thatís your star? And if you can how much can you paid for it? www.priceofstar.com Price of star is a service give a star for everyone with the price that you want -- What is the reason of this service ? and what i will benefit?
January 23rd 14 08:55 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 149
'Perfection' my arse by Bill Wright[_2_]
Quiz show on BBC 1. The contestant, a teacher, didn't know what colour the live wire is in a 13A plug, yet remarked that he had taught kids how to wire plugs. Then the rest of them were far from sure. Where do they get these people? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 23rd 14 08:08 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
38 600
That ol' HD confusion thing.. by Davey
Killing time in Morrison's while the wife was doing the shopping, I wandered over to the 'electrical section', as we have been talking about getting a small TV for the guest bedroom, and I thought that I might see what was on offer. The two smallest sets they had (of three), with their brand name on them, were a 22" Full HD set, with 1080p resolution, and a 24" set, HD-Ready, with 720p...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 14 02:34 AM
by Stephen Go to last post
15 314
Gold-plated Optical Cables?????!!!!! by Java Jive[_2_]
Used these people for some ethernet cabling recently, and was reasonably impressed by their prices and speed of delivery up here in the north. But ... http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/category.php?cat_id=211 "Optical cable for digital connection with gold plated Toslink plugs suitable for digital data transfer. * 24K Gold Contacts"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 22nd 14 07:37 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
29 545
Let 'battle' commence by Max Demian
TV broadcasters fear digital frequency spectrum battle http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25799928 "Demand for new mobile services is growing so fast that the UK's TV networks fear they may be squeezed out by competition for limited frequencies on the radio spectrum they broadcast over." -- Max Demian
January 22nd 14 08:53 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
9 167
Pair iPad Mini to YouView box by Geoff Pearson
I should be able to connect my iPad mini to my Youview box but it doesn't work. The box offers a code, I put that in the YouView app and then it fails to connect. Strong wi-fi signal, everything else connects perfectly. What might be wrong?
January 22nd 14 04:10 AM
by Geoff Pearson Go to last post
2 241
Those with an interest in the TV broadcast side of things... by John Rumm
May find this snoop around a now defunct analogue Tx interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR_wJkxKSXU&list=TLtJUlAwhMa68bk7uEDmbJbQ7mFTl2lG1O (warning, features strong aussie accents!) -- Cheers,
January 21st 14 10:25 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
7 208
Mux 8 has launched at Sandy Heath...... According to my Spectrumanalyser... by Stephen[_6_]
my Spectrum Analyser is telling me that there is a Mux at Ch 34 from Sandy Heath. This appears to be the new Mux 8. (Mux 7 can be seen on CH 32.) When scanning Ch 34 on my TV set, it shows up with reasonable signal strength and quality. However, doing a manual search of CH 34 does not yield any channels so it appears ot be empty and reports no channels found.
January 21st 14 09:18 PM
by Stephen[_6_] Go to last post
0 150
Heard today by Woody[_5_]
Did you hear the chap talking on R4 today about the Japanese coralling and then slaughtering Dophins? He said such an action was "inhumane." Eh? -- Woody harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
January 21st 14 06:16 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
2 189
Last nights BBC 1 London local news by Windy Miller[_2_]
The one at about 10:20pm. Many thin vertical lines alternating red/green over laying the picture. Anyone? Was not on any other channels and went away when they went to national weather.
January 21st 14 06:15 PM
by Clem Dye[_2_] Go to last post
7 244
BBC1 HD One Show by Dickie mint[_2_]
Lip sync went way out - still is! Richard
January 21st 14 06:08 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
2 156
Where did the reflections go? by Chris Holmes
I watched a little archive (colour) footage of Yehudi Menuin (sp?!) last night (probably from the 70's judging by Michael Parkinson's hair), and the lights kept reflecting of his instrument and causing a flaring effect. I don't think this happens so much these days with instruments or anything else. Is it a chane in camera technology? Lighting? or have the techies worked out how to avoid it?
January 21st 14 04:13 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
7 227
TOT dire rhymes by Bill Wright[_2_]
As I cooked Sunday tea tonight I listened to some old British dance band tracks, and I was struck by the poetic ingenuity displayed by some of the lyrics. For instance, how on earth did someone think up, "You have so many thrillables, I'm all out of syllables!" Anyone else got a similar couplet that springs to mind? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 14 03:17 PM
by Scion Go to last post
10 302
Fridge sending spam? by Ian
In message , tim...... writes "Paul D Smith" wrote in message ... Thats a TiVo. It records suggestions based on your viewing habits. I remember an American comedy programme where someone had a TiVo that thought he was gay :) ++++++ Indeed. When Janet...
January 21st 14 12:53 AM
by Ian Go to last post
0 123
Portillo: Friday 17 January by Scott[_2_]
I hope this is a legitimate cross-posting. Did anyone else have a problem with recording Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys on Friday 17 January? Using Humax HDR-FOX T2, series link, BBC Two HD. All other episodes seem to have recorded okay. PS. For members of uk.tech.digital-tv, I did threaten to post something about trains!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 14 09:49 PM
by Graham Nye Go to last post
10 263
Windmills in Winter ... by Bill Wright[_2_]
Arfa Daily wrote: So. Here it is. Bloody cold. Severe frost last night. Skies were so clear you could see right across the galaxy ... My mate has just rung me to say that he has just driven past the forest of windmills up the road, and not a single one is turning. So I had a look at Gridwatch, and the demand is high. And what is wind contributing ? - less than 1%. Under 500kW....
January 20th 14 04:35 PM
by The Natural Philosopher[_2_] Go to last post
2 192
PVR by Pure by Windy Miller[_2_]
The Pure Avalon 300R. Anyone got any experience with one of these? http://www.pure.com/product/avalon-300r-connect-vl-61771/#Overview
January 20th 14 01:39 PM
by Windy Miller[_2_] Go to last post
0 201
Selective subtitles on Call The Midwife by Dickie mint[_2_]
On another forum someone is complaining that programmes with narration and actor/presenter speech only have the actor/presenter speech subtitled. Call the Midwife is mentioned in consistently never subtitling the narration. I find this a stupid action if true. Why should the BBC (or others) think the deaf only want to know what the actors are saying? Have any of our deaf or partially...
January 20th 14 01:22 PM
by Dickie mint[_2_] Go to last post
4 223
Post New Thread