Post New Thread
Thomson Scenium reciever box overheating by Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires
the reciever box on my thomson scenium plasma is overheating during this heatwave anytime it gets over 26 c after having been on for an hour or so the picture goes black and then returns in the corner of the screen. IF I put a fan on the box it is okay. is this a design fault or something wrong with the box that can be remedied. Anyone else having this experience?
August 12th 03 02:22 PM
by Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires Go to last post
0 161
Pace Twin update tomorrow (perhaps) by Ravinder Gill
Hopefully this will cure the crashes that require the mains supply to be cycled off/on - that bug is REALLY beginning to annoy the hell out of me. Especially when I've got all comfortable in bed!! "Tom Wesley" wrote in message ... Hi all, Just spotted this on http://www.pacefreetoview.co.uk/02ee.asp so with any ...
August 12th 03 12:29 PM
by Ravinder Gill Go to last post
0 166
BBC/Sky FTA mess gets worse by John Russell
"David" wrote in message ... Just recieved letters, one for each BBC FTV card from the BBC England Region at Pebble Mill, Birmingham. Tells us what we know allready in the main, but there is one paragraph that as further up set me.
August 12th 03 09:38 AM
by David Richardson Go to last post
2 194
Scart pass through & macrovison? by john
Having managed to borrow a freeview pace box to test reception I have found I can recive all channels and they look fine. The signal strength only ranges from 70-75% which seems pretty low to me, there were no dropouts but does this mean there is likely to be? Though this is after the splitter, not directly from the aerial as I plan to set it up (which I hope will improve things). Anyhow,...
August 12th 03 09:36 AM
by BillR Go to last post
1 213
Rigger's Diary (eventide) by Simon Slavin
In article , (Wrightsaerials) wrote: please let me caution you that if you have encountered glass fibre like that then you should be taking precautions not to inhale it. Yes, of course. The mask adds considerably to the misery, doesn't it? Oh, yes. Also I'm asthmatic so I have a built-in penalty on
August 11th 03 10:54 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
0 142
Valutaion with a view to selling by simon
Digisenders virtually unused and as new but sadly not boxed. The link below is the exact ones http://www.geocities.com/digitalsatuk/digisender.html Simon.
August 11th 03 09:47 PM
by PhilÅ Go to last post
2 148
Pace DTVA by BillR
Dave Gibson wrote: Argos are currently selling the Pace DTVA for £69.99. As I already have one and am extremely pleased with it, I thought I would take advantage of the price and buy another for the bedroom TV. On getting it home I was surprised to find its the new model which sports an additional RF out on the combo connector. Yep, they have included a modulator which can be...
August 11th 03 08:10 PM
by BillR Go to last post
0 154
Sub titles by David
Do Freeview do sub titles? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
August 11th 03 03:31 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
8 204
WTB: Sky Issue 2 Viewing card for the UK. by biscuit
Looking for the above. Must be cheap and active for FTV channels only. Ta B remove NOSPAM to email me direct.
August 11th 03 12:11 PM
by biscuit Go to last post
0 228
What's happened to Ch 5? by Mike O'Sullivan
All weekend, Channel 5 on Freeview has been absent. Just the dreaded red dot. Is this confined to the Guildford transmitter or is it national? All other channels are present.
August 11th 03 11:14 AM
by Stan Medcraft Go to last post
7 240
The BBC Regions and those abbreviations by Chris Vowles
BBC Regions and abbreviations on Sky Digital platform, there are some corkers, the best one has to be BBC 1 EYks&L, no wonder they have left some of the DOGs on for now (BBC say they will remove them after "testing") http://www.vowles-home.demon.co.uk/Sat/bbcregions.htm#regions Chris
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 11th 03 07:32 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
37 830
Not receiving some channels by Stu
Following the bad lightning storms yesterday in the midlands, I can no longer receive a bunch of channels (numbers 630, 631, 632...... about nine in total). We were not wathching Sky during the storms so i couldn't say which channel it was tuned to during the storms. All other channels work fine and the storms have gone so it is not due to a cloudy sky impeding the signal. The power did go off...
August 11th 03 06:29 AM
by Stu Go to last post
0 219
10:30pm on Saturday, No BBC Channels on Astra 2D? by Helpful Bod
Hi, Just finished work so thought I'd sit down and watch "The Beach" on BBC1. I live in Kent and during the summer, my analogue channels are wiped out by French/Dutch/Belgium channels. So I switch to digital, which is also wiped because of the above. So then try satellite and all my BBC channels have gone as well as ITV1/2?
August 10th 03 09:35 PM
by Les Hellawell Go to last post
9 265
!2v Freeview by TerryM
"David" wrote in message ... Are there any Freeview boxes/adaptors for caravans? -- Regards, David Please reply to News Group.
August 10th 03 09:26 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
4 243
Rigger's Diary (hoist by a polyurathane petard) by Chris p
Wrightsaerials wrote: Snip Pant wetting hilartiy Bill You sir have re kindled my idea for an Amusing Anecdotes database :-)
August 10th 03 08:57 PM
by Orange Go to last post
4 175
help with Sutton Coldfield freeview coverage by pgnl
"Tom Sheils" wrote in message ... Hi all I have recently bought a freeview box. I live in Halesowen in the west midlands. The box is plugged into an old aerial (years and years old)l on the roof. The cable to the box already goes through a signal booster. At I'm missing mux b,c,d. I'm getting my signal off Sutton Coldfield What...
August 10th 03 08:24 PM
by pgnl Go to last post
0 178
BBC Radio Scotland & Radio Wales on Freeview by DAB sounds worse than FM
BBC Radio Scotland and a Gaelic version of Radio Scotland have gone on Freeview in Scotland. BBC Radio Wales and Radio Cymru were already on Freeview in Wales but I thought I'd mention it because I've never seen this fact mentioned on Usenet before. -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 03 07:33 PM
by Dave Go to last post
27 926
Digital TV from relay transmitters by Martin Angove
In message , Retired_Paul wrote: Hi Does anybody know if TV relay transmitters (ie. those which transmit vertical polarisation) rebroadcast digital TV or just the analogue stations.
August 10th 03 04:58 PM
by Martin Angove Go to last post
1 218
Rigger's Diary (eventide) by Orange
"Simon Slavin" @localhost wrote in message ... In article , (Wrightsaerials) wrote: When you sweat in a loft the particles of glass fibre in the air stick to your skin. They then get pushed into you by your clothes. Soon you have a bright...
August 10th 03 02:40 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
2 252
Anyone in central Liverpool by Wrightsaerials
I shall shortly be moving to Liverpool city centre, L3 to be exact. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with digital tv signals there and if they had any problems. I would have thought either Storeton or W. Hill would be OK, or even both. Bill
August 10th 03 01:07 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 154
Post New Thread