Post New Thread
Freeview Hard Disc Recorder + Recordable DVD by DAB sounds worse than FM
For more details see: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ -- DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, Digital Satellite and Cable -- http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ BBC DAB is a national disgrace
August 14th 03 11:55 AM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
0 161
Pace Twin Update Workss by The Equalizer
So far so good. It`s 10.25 and i know have interactive services adn digital text on my box. Although i can`t access BBCI while viewing BBC1 or BBC2. I have to tune to BBC NEWS 24 in order to access BBCI. Also BBC Parliament is now working properly as well.
August 14th 03 11:28 AM
by Wills Go to last post
8 223
Dam Pace Twin! by Edward Holt
I was looking forward to Straw Dogs on Channel 4 last night and I know I set up the timer for this on the Twin. It didn't record it and the timer event has disappeared from the schedule (that verifies that I didn't input the wrong time or date). I've heard of others complaining about lost recordings before but never really experienced them - now I have.
August 14th 03 11:19 AM
by Roger Wilmut Go to last post
5 228
netgem by donker
Hi can anyone recommend a remote for working tv-vidio and netgem digi box thanks
August 14th 03 10:57 AM
by M.Grenouille Go to last post
1 153
BBC4 query by Dianne Sutton
Totally new to this DTT stuff so a very basic question... We live in Milton Keynes (MK7) and have taken the basic cable package (BBC1,BBC2,ITV,C4 and 5) since it was introduced to MK 30 years ago (BT originally then taken over by NTL). Wanting to watch some of the stuff advertised as being on BBC4 and not wanting to pay for movie channels etc we don't want we didn't want to take an expensive...
August 14th 03 06:34 AM
by chris L Go to last post
3 197
Philips DTR 1500 by Talin
Anyone bought one of the new Philips DTR 1500 boxes? If so, please can you give your opinions on it and advise how well it compares to the setpal boxes (like the Daewoo)? I borrowed a friend's Grundig box and it worked reasonably well. Had all the channels, etc. Will the Philips box work just as well, signal-wise (or better)? Thanks in advance for any help. -Talin
August 13th 03 10:37 PM
by Talin Go to last post
0 200
Upgrades, how do you know when they happen? by Alan Scott
Hi, I just bought a Grundig GDT2000. I have just checked the software and it's on version 2.1. I have heard that there are regular(ish) updates of the software over the air and reading various posts I either have to tune into BBC or Channel5 so I am a bit confused. How do I know when the upgrades happen, and what will I have to do get them installed?
August 13th 03 09:33 PM
by Alan Scott Go to last post
0 152
Dabs STB by Russell
If you read the further details on the Dabs site you will see that it is a HUMAX Stb. Humax do a wide range of dtt boxes. The exact model no. is not shown on the Humax web site. I read on a forum (think it was Digital Spy) that the stb Dabs are selling is an old model and it doesn't support digital text. Russell
August 13th 03 09:25 PM
by Alan Scott Go to last post
1 197
AverMedia AVerTV DVB-T card - screen size issue on BBC2 by herbs
This is a problem they know about, just don't bother using the support as it is ****e there is one person in support from I can gather. If you can get your money back do so, otherwise you will be stuck with the POS. Also you will notice random break up and no MHEG, and no now and next. Also the MP3 recording of the radio fails to work properly. "TechDude" wrote in...
August 13th 03 09:17 PM
by herbs Go to last post
0 132
Think carefully before fitting DTTV (slightly long) by harrogate
I ran up against an interesting problem this weekend which causes me to suggest to all readers to think very carefully about DTTV, how you will fit (connect) it and how you will use it before purchase. An eldery couple had their video fail. I got them a new one (JVC 695 in Argos at half price - old catalogue) and asked at the same time if they wanted to go digital - UK History particularly...
August 13th 03 07:16 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
9 325
DiSEqC 2.0 by ArmandAlegge
Can anyone here tell me what is DiSEqC 2.0 for LNB switching as in some versions of a dual LNB monoblock like the Brain Waves manufacture. Is this monoblock type compatible with a receiver able to perform DiSEqC 1.0 switching only such as an Echostar AD3000IPV or Echostar AD3600IPV?
August 13th 03 07:10 PM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
2 204
off topic civil eng query by Richard
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... http://www.pavingexpert.com/pavguide.htm this site could be quite useful if you are new to road building. Thanks very much Richard. That's a really good site. Bill
August 13th 03 03:50 PM
by Richard Go to last post
0 157
sky extra digibox by Beck
Been a sky customer (sports package) for 3 years now and recently looked into getting an extra digibox. Originally last week, Sky customer services told me it was £99 for the box and £15 a month extra subscription. Now they are telling me that it is those prices plus an extra £50 for installation. I absolutely resent having to pay so much to watched sky on another tv in the house, but due to...
August 13th 03 02:21 PM
by Beck Go to last post
0 195
off topic civil eng query by Wrightsaerials
Thanks for the responses. I shall order 20 tonnes on the basis of the information received. This should get me to Base Camp 1. Bill
August 13th 03 01:58 AM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 151
Freeview Sky News Problem by David Richardson
Clem Dye wrote in message ... David Richardson wrote: Since the very hot weather, in the last few day's I have lost Sky News, this is in Herts area, most other channels are OK - but no Sky Sports News, Sky Travel, History, I guess these share the same band. Any other people with the same problem???? DJR Whereabouts in...
August 12th 03 10:30 PM
by David Richardson Go to last post
0 233
Anyone in central Liverpool by PhilÅ
Congratulation on Moving up to Liverpool, Capital of Culture 2008. A great place with a lower crime rate of all other cities within the UK based on the population. Digital signals are strong for freeview, and L3 is serviced by a cable company with some great offers on Broadband and TV/Phone. Welcome to our great city..
August 12th 03 08:44 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 173
TV / Video Combi - larger than 15" & smaller than 21" ?? by Shaun Murphy
Hi, Firstly, appologies if this is slightly off-topic - I've searched for a more appropriate group, and this was the closest I could find. I'm trying to track down a TV/Video combi that is larger than 15" and smaller than 21" - to mount on a bedroom wall. Nobody seems to make an in-between size - 18" would be great. Ideally it will have FastText, and possibly Nicam too. Can anyone suggest a...
August 12th 03 08:28 PM
by Shaun Murphy Go to last post
0 136
peripheral area: Best box to get??? by Mr Smith
I will be moving to Wales soon and will be "officially" outside the freeview area (i.e. when I run a postcode check I am told I cannot get the freeview channels). However, I have been told that other people in the area can receive freeview channels. What is the best box to buy considering my peripheral position (and does it make a difference?). I would prefer not to spend a vast amount (£100...
August 12th 03 07:49 PM
by BillR Go to last post
3 163
off topic civil eng query by Wrightsaerials
Does anyone know the weight of a cubic metre of crushed limestone? Or alternatively, what's the volume of a tonne of the stuff? I need to built a road at short notice (don't ask). Any sensible comments would be most welcome. Bill
August 12th 03 07:25 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 161
Telewest digi by Doctor D.
"[email protected]" wrote in message ... I did have another digi tv box upstairs in my house, this has been gone a while. I still have the little box and the wire coming out. I was wondering because my analogue picture is so crap and i have never seen analogue channel 5, is there any way to connect this wire just to get standard channels...
August 12th 03 04:35 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 201
Post New Thread