Post New Thread
F.A.Q. for this group ? by peter.booth1
Any F.A.Q. for this group???
August 18th 03 02:06 PM
by peter.booth1 Go to last post
0 161
Emap Stations on Digital Satellite by DAB sounds worse than FM
Has anything changed with the Emap stations testing on digital satellite? They went on over a month ago according to this: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds11381.html Is there any audio yet? --
August 18th 03 01:36 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
2 147
Logo on digital radios with PACE by Stephen
And DAB has the worst audio quality out of itself, FM, Freeview, digital satellite and cable so it's best to differentiate between the ****e system (DAB) and the superior digital radio stations such as Freeview, digital satellite and cable. What about Radios 1 to 7 via BBC Online - isn't that worse than DAB? Worse still there's BBC TV News Online, 34k of which the audio stream is 8.5k. I...
August 18th 03 01:17 PM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
6 238
Panasonic Box & Latest Software Query by
When was the last update and what version number would the latest version show? TIA feronni
August 18th 03 10:20 AM
by TerryM Go to last post
2 224
SONY VTX-D800U review (more compleat version) by CyberSOGA
The box itself looks very nice, the only complaint i'd have with it's looks is that the case is made of plastic and not metal. The up, down and on/off buttons on the front of the box are very useful, saves reaching for the remote at times. The remote control is based on the same design as the one that comes with my Sony 930 DVD player, and looks very nice - but I do feel that the channel up/down...
August 18th 03 10:05 AM
by Dave Go to last post
1 389
Pace TwinView Software Update Opinion by Ravinder Gill
Touch wood !! - I have had no crashes since the upgrade on Wednesday. My favourite improvment is the ability to turn it off while it is recording. Anyone notice any other changes?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 18th 03 10:01 AM
by Chris Ashby Go to last post
11 363
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by Dave
"DAB sounds worse than FM" wrote in message ... Dave wrote: "CyberSOGA" wrote in message ... Thanks for the pics. Wheres's the optical output, is it the small "minidisc" type output by the power lead? ...
August 18th 03 10:00 AM
by Dave Go to last post
0 140
Question about digital tv signal 'extra' data by Raff
I understand that digital tv signals are mpeg2 standard (same as dvd), but how and where in this signal is other 'extra' information stored e.g. the programme name, time, whether it is an advert etc? Is there a good source for getting the actual format of digital tv broadcasts beyond the standard mpeg2 stuff? Thanks.
August 18th 03 08:37 AM
by Keith Duncan Go to last post
4 166
Sky minidish orientation by Daniel
Hello I've got a sky guy coming round on Thursday to install sky digital. I've got a feeling some trees may be in the way of the dish to satellite line. Does anyone know the exact angel (left to right) and levitation (up and down) the dish needs to be? many thanks daniel
August 18th 03 02:26 AM
by Ian M Go to last post
2 198
Help no itv stations by M Taylor
Bruce wrote in message ... Why on my Digital cant I get ITV1 ITV2 etc... all the itv's dont work (only show a red square) but bbc is fine..?? and all of a sudden by 4 teresrial channels are crap pictures - any ideas?? have just done a update and have lost itv, itv2,ch4 and channel 5 This could be local transmitter work, reduced power....
August 18th 03 12:06 AM
by Bruce Go to last post
1 166
'Hollywood in screen battle with BBC' by aa
Warner Bros, Universal and 20th Century Fox have called in their lawyers to sort out a dispute that has arisen from the BBC's decision to broadcast its channels unencrypted: the studios are concerned that their films can now be picked up in countries around Europe in which the corporation does not own the relevant rights. More from Media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 17th 03 11:13 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
155 3,591
Stupid question by Bilbo Baggins
I am now going to make an arse of myself - but what the hell. I am just in the process of purchasing my first widescreen tv. My colleague at work says that analogue tv cannot receive widescreen broadcasts and to make the most use of my tv I need to buy a freeview box. I am assuming that this is bull because most of the programs I currently watch on the 5 standard channels on my Wsquare" tv...
August 17th 03 11:11 PM
by Vijay Go to last post
7 291
Are German and English televisions compatible ? by nws
Hello all, I found out that I can buy in Germany the Hauppauge Dec3000 which will enable me to view Hotbird and also to have a usb connection for high quality recordings on the pc. My only question is if German televisions are identical to UK televisions, otherwise it will only work on the computer in the UK but not on the TV, in which case it would not be any better than the wintv nova, which...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 17th 03 11:03 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
27 823
FA: Netgem I-Player by CyberSOGA
Due to purchase of the new Sony in my on going set top box adventure, here's my I-Player for auction:- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3041733845 CyberSOGA
August 17th 03 06:39 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
0 178
High Quality Cable by Jaime
I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on using the following for a dttv aerial installation: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CAPF100B.html Thanks Jaime
August 17th 03 02:49 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
1 173
Help no itv stations by TerryM
Bruce wrote in message ... Why on my Digital cant I get ITV1 ITV2 etc... all the itv's dont work (only show a red square) but bbc is fine..?? and all of a sudden by 4 teresrial channels are crap pictures - any ideas?? have just done a update and have lost itv, itv2,ch4 and channel 5 thanks Bruce
August 17th 03 11:50 AM
by TerryM Go to last post
0 200
TV-Out on PC Video Adapters by Keith Bailey
What is the perceived wisdom on the best TV-out performance from PC video cards? In particular, I am looking for proper 16:9 rendition & good quality. I know that, in general, TV-out is compromise from most video cards & that the best way to go is a standalone hardware MPEG2 decoder such as the XCard from Sigma Designs or Creative's Encore DXR. However, I'm not sure how this would work when...
August 17th 03 10:57 AM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
2 159
ITV Digital Remote Codes by charlie
Does anyone have data on the original ITV / On Digital On-Mail Remote Control (the one with the fold open keyboard) to enable adjustment to control alternative TV receivers. Thanks, Charlie
August 17th 03 05:52 AM
by charlie Go to last post
1 596
Robbie Williams - Knebworth 2003 - Readme.nfo by joefish
Robbie Williams at Knebworth Date: 2nd August 2003 Source: Channel 4 UK (DTT Freeview) Duration: 118 mins Size: 4x 800MB Format: PAL 16:9 720x576 delaced. Bitrate: Max: 5000 Average 3200 (approx) Audio: 48/256 Highly recommended. A superb performance both from Robbie and the 120k+ audience.
August 17th 03 12:11 AM
by joefish Go to last post
0 178
Bad sound on UKGold advert by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi Have you had the same bad noise from the newish orange coloured adverts for UKGold programmes? If it not me then the person that came up with it should be put away in a home:-) I'd rather they stopped sticking the ******* 'press red' all over their
August 16th 03 08:01 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 154
Post New Thread