Post New Thread
SONY VTX-D800 by Mark Lord
Thanks, unplugging the unit for a few seconds seems to have solved the problem so will see how it goes from here. I also have the software version 1.04.01 so not sure where the problem lies, I have sent Sony an email anyway, just to see what they think. Thanks for the help,
August 21st 03 10:13 AM
by Mark Lord Go to last post
0 173
Lidl Satellite system by David van Kemenade
I found it he http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20030821.p.Satellite_System On the picture it says "ANALOGUE". So it looks as if you won't be able to receive any BBC channels on it (except perhaps BBC World TV, but I'm not sure). David
August 21st 03 09:01 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
0 209
Free to air - Freeview or Satellite? by QrizB
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:56:56 +0100, "Iain Mackenzie" wrote: I want to get the main 5 channels and other free-to-air channels in my converted garage-to-home-cinema project. The question is, should I go for Freeview or the Satellite option? ITV, C4 and five aren't free-to-air from the Astra 2 satellite. If you want these channels, the best option at present...
August 21st 03 08:12 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
0 105
Masthead amp power in loft by AWM
"Jonathan Buzzard" wrote in message ... In article , "AWM" writes: You don't need anything fancy just a 2 outlet distribution amp. I use an sLx2 2 outlet amp in the cupboard in my spare room, it quite a decent quality looking bit of kit it runs off...
August 21st 03 06:57 AM
by AWM Go to last post
2 166
Freeview Five Live & Five Live Extra question by Aztech
"John Key" wrote in message ... Anybody know why there appears to be a substantial difference between the sound quality of these two stations? Surely they would be broadcast at similar bitrates. Or is one signal processed differently to the other? Most of the new BBC digital stations are 'compressed' or...
August 20th 03 10:23 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
0 154
Epson EMP-5500 colour fringes by ph12
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it's worth a try.... Have one of the above that we use for PC work, which has worked fine, but recently although the centre of the screen is OK there is a blue fringe down one side and a yellow down the other. Does this sound like something out of adjustment or is the projector on its way out? TIA Peter
August 20th 03 09:49 PM
by Paul K Hudson Go to last post
1 186
Indoor Aerial for Digital TV (long) by simtan
jason wrote: I have got a Grundig 1500 box for use in the bedroom. I have so far plugged in a cheap (i.e 1.00 aerial) and got a reasonable receiption. i.e all channels are picked up. Most are perfect, but there are ocassional breakouts on say BBC1 etc I am so close perfect reception that I am sure an upgraded indoor aerial will do they job.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 03 06:37 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
18 449
Masthead amp power in loft by harrogate
"Wrightsaerials" wrote in message ... Use a TS2008 amplifier from Taylors of Oldham. These are built into a steel box. If you can't get one locally email me. I use a lot of these because I'm confident they can't cause a fire problem. Obviously you should mount the amp somewhere where it has a reasonable...
August 20th 03 06:33 PM
by harrogate Go to last post
0 161
Pace digital cable box keys locked by dufus
Hi, Can anyone help with a pace telewest box that I was given. It will power up,says Pace,then ----,then switch to Telewest Broadband logo,the only button that works is the tv guide which states all the keys are locked. Is there a reset,I guess it's been locked out with a pin number. Regards Martin.
August 20th 03 04:43 PM
by K Go to last post
1 143
Does the Scart socket on a TV have any outputs? by Kev
The scart socket on a TV is usually used for input of signals (say DVD to TV) Does the socket also have outputs? i.e would the socket produce audio out for connection to a hifi?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 20th 03 04:42 PM
by Martin Underwood Go to last post
11 327
SONY VTX-D800 by Mark E
I'm well impressed by my Sony box, much quicker than any other I've tried. Haven't had any problems with interactive stuff. What version of software are you using (I've got 1.04.01), and have you tried unplugging it from the wall for a few seconds? Do you get picture break-up or loss of radio sound? Apart from that, I can't think of anything else that could be wrong.
August 20th 03 02:17 PM
by Mark E Go to last post
0 139
Masthead amp power in loft by Tiny Tim
Mark Lamb wrote: I've currently got an aerial feed into one room and I want to get it into another with minimum signal loss. My local aerial installer tells me that there are two options: a two-way masthead amp with (presumably) two cables coming down and being routed to the two rooms, or to take the aerial signal into a 2 or 4-way amp in the loft and distribute it from there. The...
August 20th 03 01:37 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
5 383
Masthead amp power in loft by Geo
On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:08:05 +0100, Mark Lamb wrote: snip The only concern I have is that it runs from the mains supply in the loft and would be on all the time. I'm a bit twitchy about the safety of this. Obviously the risk of it causing a fire if it develops a fault is very low, but not non-existent. Am I being unnecessarily cautious? Is there anything I can...
August 20th 03 09:31 AM
by Geo Go to last post
0 134
MHP & STB by John Hawkins
Xadhoom wrote in message ... Anybody knows some forum on Multimedia Home Platform and Set Top Box development ???? thanks Alex Have you had a look at:
August 20th 03 06:53 AM
by Xadhoom Go to last post
3 287
Satellite system by Dazed
In article , says... A local store is advertising a satellite receiver and shows the icon of the Astra and the Eutelsat satellites. It is described as an "analogue" device. Is your local store Lidl? If so, then 40 quid gets you a universal LNB, a 80cm dish and all the kit to fit it. You also get an analogue satellite box...
August 20th 03 03:10 AM
by Dazed Go to last post
0 132
Nebula digitv and dual display by Simon Heather
You're lucky you even get a picture on screen 1 - with my dual head display I don't get a picture on either screen. - Simon. "Mark N" wrote in message ... Hi troops,
August 19th 03 09:32 PM
by Simon Heather Go to last post
0 175
RTE in Northern Ireland by Jeff
Basically, I want to view RTE in Northern Ireland via Sky. However, Sky doesn't air RTE in the UK BUT they do in the Republic of Ireland I currently have a sky dish with a cancelled account. Any ideas on how to frig the system in order to allow me to view RTE ??? One idea was to get a friend in the republic to take out an 'Irish' subscription & then 'borrow' his receiver & card... would this...
August 19th 03 09:20 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
0 176
Nebula digitv and dual display by Jaime
i have a Nebula Digitv PCI card along with AGP and PCI video cards which i use to run 2 screens. When i move movie players such as windows media player and power dvd from one screen to another the movie plays as normal. but when i move the digitv screen from screen 1 to screen 2 the window goes black and i get no picture, which then returns when i move digitv back to screen 1.
August 19th 03 07:55 PM
by Mark N Go to last post
1 178
Rigger's Diary - I could have died by Wrightsaerials
Up in the customer's loft I noticed a large framed colour photograph showing an exceptionally attractive young lady in mortar board and gown. At that moment (before I had time to think) a female voice from below shouted "Are you all right? Do you want a cup of tea?" "Oh yes please" I said. "I was just admiring this photograph of your graduation. You look absolutely stunning." "A lot younger and...
August 19th 03 09:32 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
1 269
Sony VTX-D800 is now out by Dave
"CyberSOGA" wrote in message ... Here's my 2p on the Sony... Generally i'm very pleased with it. The box itself looks very nice and compliments my Sony plasma screen well, the only complaint i'd have with it's looks is that the case is made of plastic and not metal, but so is the frame on my...
August 18th 03 03:22 PM
by CyberSOGA Go to last post
2 215
Post New Thread