Post New Thread
Lidl 39.99 analogue satellite system - the LNB by Mike Terry
Paul, Thanks. How is the noise factor explained in the LNB description? Mike "Paul Ratcliffe" wrote in message ...
August 23rd 03 09:43 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
1 151
Pace Twins made by Motorola? by Richard Watkinson
THe following 'information' has come my way. Start Quote... I thought the attached CNN item may be of interest in 'Feedback' on the PACE box. My son Ceri works at Digio in the US (he is also on the LWT subscription list). The following is a comment from him on the announcement: "The box is all Digeo - hardware design and software, it's being
August 23rd 03 04:00 AM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
0 120
Rigger's Diary: I could have died (again) by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Wrightsaerials wrote: Actually this happened years ago. I was putting a TV system in a large children's home . . .no, the children were all sizes, it was the building that was big . . .anyway, I was in the kitchen with the Officer in Charge having a cup of tea. The children were in the dining...
August 23rd 03 01:26 AM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
1 159
Work From Home Legitimately by Lee Bales
*********************************************************** COMPUTER WORK - CLERICAL *********************************************************** Do you enjoy working on your computer? Use it to make money, while enjoying your work! Let us show you how easy it is with our proven system for success! You receive the Setup Package FREE and a 30-day Trial. For more information -...
August 22nd 03 11:24 PM
by Lee Bales Go to last post
4 160
Rigger's Diary: I could have died (again) by Andrew @ Home
Sorry for jumping in, but this reminded me of a tale about one of my colleagues in Newcastle, He had built up a rapport with an old lady and her family over a couple of years. Any products they purchased were delivered outside normal hours and often on his way home, on each occasion whilst installing the equipment the old lady would provide him with a mug of coffee and a bowl of nuts (peanuts,...
August 22nd 03 10:43 PM
by Andrew @ Home Go to last post
0 134
Pace DTVA sudden complete loss of signal by Dave Kahn
Pace DTVA box has been working perfectly for over a year. Suddenly there is no signal at all. The menus still work fine but no channels are found. I tried re-scanning, I tried resetting to factory settings, and I tried unplugging the unit from the mains and reconnecting it. No change. The aerial and cable seem OK because if I remove them from the SCART unit and plug them back into the analogue...
August 22nd 03 08:45 PM
by Matt Larkin Go to last post
4 218
Lidl 39.99 analogue satellite system - the LNB by Dave Fawthrop
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:51:47 +0000 (UTC), "Mike Terry" wrote: | I bought one and it works fine, the pictures are a bit sparkly though on | Eutelsat 13 degrees. I used my existing dish. | | It came with a universal K band LNB input frequency 10.70 - 12.75 ghz. L.O = | 9.75/10.8 ghz. This is supposed to be for digital and analogue - is it a | good LNB ie does it provides...
August 22nd 03 07:46 PM
by Mike Terry Go to last post
1 155
Robbie Williams - Knebworth 2003 - (repeat) Readme.nfo by joefish
Robbie Williams at Knebworth Date: 2nd August 2003 Source: Channel 4 UK (DTT Freeview) Duration: 118 mins Size: 4x 800MB Format: PAL 16:9 720x576 delaced. Bitrate: Max: 5000 Average 3200 (approx) Audio: 48/256 Highly recommended. A superb performance both from Robbie and the 120k+ audience.
August 22nd 03 06:02 PM
by banana Go to last post
4 204
Boosters? by Keith Bailey
There is no such thing as a free lunch. An aerial "booster" amplifies the noise just as much as the signal. If your real problem is poor s/n rather than lack of signal then you won't be any better off. John Rumm was right on the money in his reply. A normal booster might do the trick. Go to http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/coverage.html and check your coverage. If you are in a reasonable...
August 22nd 03 05:08 PM
by Keith Bailey Go to last post
0 156
Philips DTR1500 by Dave
"Jootec from Mars" wrote in message ... Can anybody confirm what type of digital audio out it has? optical (toslink or mini-toslink) or coaxial. Also. How does it perform in teletext operations. Fast as the Sony? Thanks
August 22nd 03 02:11 PM
by Jootec from Mars Go to last post
1 212
Philips Freeview Box at Tesco by ArmandAlegge
The new Philips Freeview box is on sale at Tesco for 99.99
August 22nd 03 02:09 PM
by BillR Go to last post
9 299
Sony VTX-D800 vs Netgem i-player by CyberSOGA
Both are exellent boxes that support S-Video via scart, the Sony has the edge when it comes to channel changing speed but generally they are about the same speed, I think they might even be using the same chipset - so it'll come down to whether you like the look of the thing really! The Sony can be sat on it's side, it comes with rubber sticky feet and there are recesses on the box so you can do...
August 22nd 03 12:57 PM
by toller Go to last post
4 220
Lidl Satellite system by emcl
"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message ... Lidl are selling a "complete Satellite system" ***today*** 80cm For Astra, GBP 39.90. When they are gone they are gone! AFAIK it recieves Beeb but not ITV Ch4, Ch5. Dave F
August 22nd 03 06:39 AM
by Mark Kelly Go to last post
2 192
Masthead amp power in loft by Wrightsaerials
Put a smoke alarm in the loft. Preferably one of the ones that can be linked to another, with the paired alarm somewhere where you'll hear it We have a customer who once had a fire in his loft. This was a very large house. The fire was caused by a 12V power supply of the wall wart variety used to provide power for an alarm system. The unit was plugged into a mains socket and was on the...
August 21st 03 11:54 PM
by Wrightsaerials Go to last post
0 193
Future Freeview channels - who decides? by Jonathan Buzzard
In article , Richard Dixon writes: Dear All Just wondered if anyone on here knew who decides what channels go on Freeview and if there was a website that indicated any future channels that are planned to go on Freeview? Perhaps none, and we can get higher bitrates one the channels we have.
August 21st 03 10:48 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
0 235
AverTV DVB-T software update by herbs
Nope its old, its been on the other avermedia sites for a while. "TerryM" wrote in message ... I have recently visited the avermedia website and I found what looks like a new version of software for the AverTV-DVBT. I have downloaded the software and it appears to be the same version as I already had from ages ago. If...
August 21st 03 06:50 PM
by herbs Go to last post
0 148
Boosters? by Dom Robinson
In article , says... Hi. New to the group, so forgive if this is vile repetition. I'm borrowing a set top box - one of the old on digital boxes - and using it for freeview. Unfortunately my signal's not strong enough to bring up many of the channels, so I was thinking about getting a booster to help. Can I just use a normal...
August 21st 03 06:29 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
0 149
Dr Sim RGB2VGA Box and Sky+ Jaggies by David Longley
I've recently swapped my Sony Digibox for a Pace Sky+ box and think I've noticed a marked increase in the visibility of "jaggies" since the swap. I'm using a Dr Sim RGB2VGA box which takes the SCART RGB output from the SKY+ box and sends out to the VGA input of the Pansonic PW4 plasma. Is there anything I can do to improve matters apart from buying a video processor? -- David Longley
August 21st 03 01:26 PM
by Graham Woodhouse Go to last post
2 189
sky digiboxes with s-video to TV by Jootec from Mars
Whilst thinking about changing my ancient and slow terrestrial digibox, changing over to sky is a possibility. Would like sky+ but the 249 asking price and then asking 10 per month extra rental is taking the ****. One or the other okay but both ... Since using RGB out from the digibox to TV needs to go through my DVD player which reduces the Contrast on the digibox picture badly. Increasing...
August 21st 03 01:09 PM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
3 166
Future Freeview channels - who decides? by Mark Lord
Out of interest, why did channel four not leave E4 on freeview - I was under the impression that this was a free channel financed by advertising. "Stephen Neal" wrote in message ... Richard Dixon wrote: Dear All Just wondered if anyone on here knew who decides what channels go on
August 21st 03 01:04 PM
by Stephen Neal Go to last post
1 219
Post New Thread