Post New Thread
Humax PVR - 9300T fails to record. by Alaric
I seem to recall that some time back there was a thread about Humax PVRs failing to record TV programmes. Yesterday, I set my machine to record "Hidden Histories - Britain's Oldest Family Businesses" on BBC 4 (not HD) at 9pm yesterday evening. I receive my signal from the Rosneath relay transmitter, which is within clear line of sight. Later in the evening when I wanted to watch the...
January 31st 14 09:28 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
4 979
Quest glitching by Brian_Gaff
Has anyone else had this the last few days? I cannot see what the effect on the picture is, but it momentarily pauses, then sounds sort of like an echo in a large room before returning to normal. Crystal Palace if that matters. Brian -- From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
January 31st 14 12:05 AM
by Davey Go to last post
3 239
LG Freeview/DVD recorder by Dickie mint[_2_]
This is a request for help, with very little facts, sorry. On another forum someone has a "purple light instead of a red one", and the device won't stay on. She is in no way even a little bit technical! We've made the obvious suggestions - powerdown reset, LG "press on button for 5 seconds" reset - but she doesn't seem to grasp these! We've asked her what LG model, but no reply to that.
January 30th 14 11:01 PM
by Ian Jackson[_2_] Go to last post
5 2,670
BUSH by madge
Bush MyTablets at argos? Who owns the brand name? http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/jan/29/administrators-kms-software-firm-argos -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices | https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/
January 30th 14 12:23 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
5 240
PVR humming to itself through the night by Another John
We upgraded our main PVR a few months ago, and moved the Wharfedale (160DTRHDMI) we've had for several years to the bedroom. We've discovered that its has an annoying habit: at seemingly random times it fires itself up and hums away for about 30 seconds or so, then stops. (I presume it's the hard disk we can hear.) It's not very loud, but it's often enough to wake up a light sleeper. It...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 29th 14 07:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
23 428
Anyone understand humaxrw? by Mark[_6_]
My Humax PVR has lost all its recordings today. I have hooked up the HDD to a PC and am running humaxrw to try to recover the files. If I run almost any command. eg. humaxrw -l 0: I see the following error message: "Directory 1: Permission denied"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 29th 14 05:20 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
31 3,411
I have bought a second hand spectrum analyser..... signel levelslook rather low but the TV seems OK with them. by Stephen[_6_]
My spectrum analayser is calibrated in dBm, so as I understand it, I need to add 108.75 to the figure to get the corresponding figure in dBuV fopr a 75 ohm impedance. I have two TV sets. The first one is fed from a Log Periodic on Sandy Heath and the peak signal levels as measured come out to: ch dBm dBuV
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 29th 14 02:44 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
83 1,917
Best source of information on transmitters by Mark[_6_]
Where is the "best" place to get information on TV transmitters? Or, to put it another way, is ukfree.tv's information accurate, particularly their coverage maps? Following problems with my Humax PVR they have advised me to retune the PVR to channels that the transmitter does not use! Our aerial is directed at Ridge Hill and Humax is telling me to use channels 50, 53, 55, 57, and 59. I assume...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 14 08:41 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
38 910
Somebody missed the news by Davey
Item 1: Big mess this afternoon when RBS/Lloyds etc ATMs don't let anyone get money from their machines, can't pay for petrol, can't pay Morrisons, etc. Item 2: Advert on TV this evening saying how useful Lloyds Credit Cards are to Joe Public. Oops.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 28th 14 04:24 PM
by Ian Go to last post
28 678
finding your way in the metropolis or Salford by Bill Wright[_2_]
Phil L wrote: Bill Wright wrote: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/directions.jpg Bill Oh look a TOT post about how left the BBC is, third one in as many days, yawn. Might I suggest a different topic for tomorrow, how about D-I-Y?
January 28th 14 09:48 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
0 137
Who sets volume levels? by Brian Gaff
I have noticed several things recently. Well it comes and goes.. Basically, hd channels all have quiet audio compared to sd Most stations in the main five are reasonably matched in level between sd, but many of the others are all over the place. Quest is quiet, Drama is loud etc. So what is going on, is there a standard? As for than audio description track, even at full whack and normal...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 14 11:15 PM
by Davey Go to last post
29 613
Missing subtitles by Davey
I sat down to watch the second episode of Hidden Kingdoms this morning, recorded in HD, with subtitles selected. Only there were no subtitles. I went back to the recording of Episode 1, and there they were, right where they were supposed to be. Back to episode 2. Suddenly, at about 11 minutes in, the subtitles appeared, and stayed on until the end. Somebody else with his finger on the wrong...
January 26th 14 10:26 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 260
TOT Those new light bulbs. by [email protected]
Apologies for raising this here, but I don't know another forum where the topic might get taken seriously. These new light bulbs - the ones with the little bulb inside an old style casing - seem to blow very quickly. They don't seem to last anything like the promised coulple of years. Or have I just been unlucky?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 14 07:04 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
41 1,005
Stan Cullymore by Pinnerite[_2_]
Yesterday, I watched in astonishment when the Sky interviewer made a very pointed inappropriate observation to Mr Cullymore. To his credit, her took her to task quietly but determinedly. She side- stepped the matter very well but I thought her remark was disgusting. No one else seems to have mentioned this aspect of the interview on this NG. I don't have time to scour all the web sites the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 14 03:33 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
28 769
Great British Railway Journeys by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Another failed recording tonight for the Humax YouView (Rowridge - BBC2 HD). Anyone else experience this? -- Jeff
January 26th 14 12:01 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
9 216
heightened expectations by Bill Wright[_2_]
Oscar (5) having flicked through a few channels and landed on an SD one: "Dad, why is this channel all blurred?" Bill
January 25th 14 04:54 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
5 222
cost saving for mad hatters by Bill Wright[_2_]
I have occasional conversations with a woman who has moved house three times because of radio waves entering her brain at each location and making her ill. She has metallic mesh over all the windows. Her latest house had a redundant VHF FM aerial with no downlead which she spotted and decided was the reason she felt ill whenever she went near the TV set. The FM aerial was removed and the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 25th 14 02:08 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
43 921
John Hindley of Dawlish by Bill Wright[_2_]
Sorry to tell you that John died last weekend. He continued to install aerials for years after his heart transplant. In the end he died of liver cancer. He was a highly amusing man, a good chap to have a pint with. His partner Jackie Stent is also an aerial installer. I don't know as yet whether she will continue the business. Bill
January 24th 14 07:46 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
1 750
Spying on garden beasties by Tim+
Having watched some "Winterwatch Unsprung" I feel inspired to fit an IR IP cam at the back of our house. Anyone done this? Got any recommendations regarding kit? Just had a quick look on eBay and came across this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300997295323. Spec looks reasonable but first hand experience would be much appreciated. Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 24th 14 07:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
33 576
Who needs TV? by Yellow[_2_]
Who needs TV when you can just simulate it? http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-6054EDFD- 8F65EF46/www_lidl_uk/hs.xsl/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id= 9286 Or shorter.... http://tinyurl.com/ntn4qpa
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 24th 14 01:46 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 411