Post New Thread
Sky being pirated. by Derek F[_4_]
I had not heard of Sky being pirated recently http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-26052012 Where I used to live many cable neighbours had minimum subscriptions plus a chipped box from a local TV repairer. Dodgy cards was probably the main cause of OnDigital going out of business. Derek
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 11th 14 05:31 PM
by CD Go to last post
11 575
Liteon LVW5025GHC+ by Ian Field
Anyone know how to invoke format HDD on this decoder box? This particular model is only 80Gb - pretty sure there's a 160Gb drive laying about somewhere. Thanks.
February 10th 14 05:21 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
4 317
Samsung UE22F5000 22-inch Widescreen by David[_9_]
Anyone got one or know if it is powered by a transformer mains to 12 volt, please. Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 9th 14 06:27 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
27 911
BBC TV Test Card by Tim Jones[_2_]
Last saw the BBC TV test card as part of the BBC HD Preview transmissions. Is it still transmitted on a regular basis? I would like to be able to record it to check TV set-ups. Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 9th 14 03:03 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
19 889
Smile
Scart Splitter Issues by billie
HI I have connected my Sky box to 2 tvs using a scart splitter ( one scart with 2 cables out to 2 scarts) the picture has deteriorated quite a lot - which i expected but i was wondering if there is anything i can do about it? I cannot add any extra cables and i do not want wifi. Is there a splitter that amplifies the picture signal that i could plug into the sky box and have 2 scarts coming...
February 8th 14 10:11 AM
by billie Go to last post
0 150
New Satellite and Terrestrial TV Alignment Calculators (inc links!) by Java Jive[_2_]
On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 17:47:28 +0000, Java Jive wrote: Remaining problems: :-( Upgrade to HTML5 has made a mess of the page layouts when printing output in most modern browsers, disastrously so in IE. Fixed for all non-IE browsers that I was able to test, and IE printing also improved, but it still can't seem to print the OS map properly
February 8th 14 08:22 AM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
4 230
The wonders of HD by Bill Wright[_2_]
On the roof of the prep school where my namesake has been abusing little boys is a large but old aerial. The cable is hanging loose, but only reaches half way down the mast. That suggests that someone has cut it, probably to connect the downlead to the newer aerial nearby. Bill
February 7th 14 09:14 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
3 222
Which group for Emley Moor? by Paul
Hi, Our 30 year old aerial looks like it could do with replacement and I was wondering what would be the best group to have. We are 8 miles north of Emley Moor in direct line of sight (can see 7 navigation lights on it) so we get a belting signal. Should we stick with group B (perhaps to minimise interference?) or go for a wideband? I notice that the latest mux added is just below group B,...
February 7th 14 06:52 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
5 255
It's amazing what you can get away with by Bill Wright[_2_]
Thirty-two years ago I made a little unit that switched a couple of CCTV feeds and a floodlight. It was controlled by a 'normally on' 12V feed from a sensor which controlled a 12V relay that in turn controlled three timer relays. Two switched the video, which went to a monitor. The third switched a floodlight. At the time I was surprised that ordinary relays could pass baseband video with no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 6th 14 04:58 PM
by Steve Thackery[_2_] Go to last post
25 559
Recommended HD TV card/dongle? by Lobster
I'm interested in getting a TV tuner card or dongle, mainly for the purpose of recording/timeshifting TV and would appreciate some input as the market seems to be a bit of a jungle! I want one for HD (ie Freeview), which seems to be making life complicated? Is it a "T2" device which I need? Seem to be very little around which I find puzzling/worrying. Are there good reasons to go for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 14 11:53 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
10 383
BBC complaints and fault reporting no longer fit for purpose.` by Brian_Gaff
Here is what they sent back after my complaint at having no audio description on the final edition of Hidden Kingdoms, submitted on their own form. Words failed me when I read this so I've banged off an ever so slightly sarcastic repose. Dear Mr Gaff Reference CAS-2542021-X972ZW
February 4th 14 09:44 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
9 312
Call The Midwife aerial by Bill Wright[_2_]
This is from the opening sequence. An interesting representation of a 1950s London TV aerial... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/screenshot.jpg Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 4th 14 03:33 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
21 537
Superbowl oddity by Woody[_5_]
Thought I would bore myself to sleep last night so watched a bit of the Superbowl - but had to give up. The (Sharp) TV in the bedroom, which normally behaves impecably, was blanking the screen for perhaps half a second every fews seconds. The picture and sound were OK (have to admit not certain if the sound was present throughout) but I never saw more than perhaps 10 seconds of it - mostly...
February 4th 14 06:56 AM
by cmwb[_2_] Go to last post
5 249
fishing and construction programmes by Bill Wright[_2_]
Father is now reduced to sleeping and watching a little TV. I try to look out for programmes that will interest him, but I sometimes miss things. I record in advance everything he watches. He's really only interested in fishing, farming, construction, and engineering. He won't watch 'dumbed down' things. We don't have subscription TV. I record from Freesat or Freeview or anything on 28E or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 14 10:42 AM
by Tim+[_2_] Go to last post
15 301
Today's Subtitle boob by Davey
BBC News this morning, floods. Description of Special Vehicles for doing the pumping, subtitled as 'Special Beer Halls'. On the other hand..... -- Davey.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 14 11:33 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
12 333
BBC cocks up audio description on Hidden Kingdoms tonight by Brian_Gaff
Well the previous two have had it and very good it was, but tonight, it was completely silent even though the little bleeps came on and it had it in the programme guide. I have sent a complaint to them. this was the SD one, after all why would I need hd. Its a bit of a marathon filling out their complaint form innit. I mean, it could all have fitted on one page in the first place. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 2nd 14 11:59 AM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
52 988
New Satellite and Terrestrial TV Alignment Calculators by Java Jive[_2_]
Released today. Both: HTML 5 Google Maps v3 OpenLayers v2.13.1 All data loaded via JSONP so will work better within translation engines. Satellite Dish Alignment Calculator
February 1st 14 05:51 PM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
1 280
Maplin's Shops Outed ... by Adrian C
http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/maplin-is-where-men-meet-for-sex-2014013183134 "Is that a phono audio to HDMI converter or are you just pleased to see me?" -- Not Me
February 1st 14 03:18 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 253
Giselle at Putney Odeon lacking in full contrast by TonyGamble
We went for our first ever viewing of a live ballet telecast last night. My wife complained that the first act (forget the second that takes place at night!) was too dark on the screen. I agree but also add that even in the second act there were no real blacks on the screen. I am a photographer. Except in special cases I always make sure my images/prints have at least some full blacks and some...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 1st 14 02:14 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
38 856
UK Broadcast of 4k? by larkim
With the papers and news sources currently highlighting the CES event in the US at the moment, where plenty of 4K TV sets will be demonstrated, what is the roadmap (if there is one) to broadcast 4K in the UK? At the margins, I can see that perhaps at a stretch a really hardcore, money-no-object gamer might want to run 4K games from their Xbox / Playstation / PC and therefore 4K could get used...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 1st 14 11:45 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
22 1,524