Post New Thread
I laughed like a drain by Ian
Found on the Beeb News web site, a link entitled " sewer was blocked by large pooh". http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-26195258 -- Ian
February 22nd 14 08:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 142
Sony VTX-D800U and 4Seven problems, anyone? by Clem Dye[_3_]
I have an old Sony VTX-D800U Freeview STB which in spite of being old, has thus far worked brilliantly. However, I've recently noticed a funny when trying to watch 4Seven on the receiver. Once I select the channel, the picture stays on screen for just a few seconds and then the screen goes blank -- no audio either. If I request the now/next info whilst on the now blank screen, the picture...
February 21st 14 03:27 PM
by Clem Dye[_3_] Go to last post
6 324
Film effect on Winter Olympics highlights by MartinR
Why do the BBC feel the need to degrade the picture by using a film-effect filter on perfectly good HD video? Do they feel that anything that took place in the past has to give the impression that rolls of film have been rushed to a processing lab? Is it some sort of nostalgia thing or is it considered "arty" by the TV luvvies? MR
February 20th 14 12:05 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
7 197
Intermittent failure caused by horticultural enterprise by Bill Wright[_2_]
We were getting reports that all TV reception was off, for periods ranging from a few minutes to half a day, at a communal system serving 45 OAP bungalows. We kept going out but everything was always in order. It was a mystery. Paul said to a few of the residents, 'Look, the minute it goes off ring me, and if I'm anywhere near I'll come straight away.' This is in fact what happened. Paul...
February 20th 14 10:22 AM
by Jeff Layman[_2_] Go to last post
1 191
Loft to garage coax with pictures by CD
Big thanks to Bill for the comprehensive advice & the deed is almost done. I started drilling at the mortar,around the breeze block but got bored. Being a newish build the blocks are thermalite, so I basically got a brick bolster & beat the **** out of it, & removed 50% of it with a vertical split. Excellent job by the insulating firm, a high density of stuff in the cavity. I grabbed my length...
February 20th 14 09:54 AM
by CD Go to last post
3 124
Hospital TV fees: 1.50/hour - for the sick! by Paul D Smith[_2_]
Bill & others will know all about this already but 1.50/hour to watch Freeview in hospital? I feed a number 10 petition coming on! Paul DS
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 14 07:55 AM
by Scion Go to last post
19 451
connector blocks by Bill Wright[_2_]
I'm looking for some connector blocks (the choc block type). They must have the little steel 'tongue' that sits between the end of the screw and the wire. RS do them, but the size I want, which is for 4mm cable, is out of stock until the end of March. Anyone know of an alternative supplier? I've had a look at a few and can't find anything. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 14 04:10 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
26 697
Visit to a friend by Bill Wright[_2_]
I haven't been to his place for ages because he usually comes to ours, but I had to go to Haxey so I dropped in. The house is on high ground by Isle of Axholme standards, with long views in almost every direction. Tea and cakes in the living room. Telly on with the sound down. Floods and more floods. "I don't think much to this HD!" "Why not?"
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 14 02:25 PM
by Graham C Go to last post
11 311
Running Coax from loft to garage by CD
I want to run 4 lengths of Coax from my loft to the garage, to a PC that will be a TV server. This is the design of house http://goo.gl/maps/v3N3W I'd rather the coax wasn't visible & was planning to run it inside the wall cavity from main loft to garage loft. I've not yet ventured into the main loft to see what this entails. How is the cavity normally topped off? Is it just with the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 14 08:01 AM
by charles Go to last post
20 526
London's independent local radio LBC going nationwide on DAB, on 11 Feb by Ian Jackson[_2_]
http://www.lbc.co.uk/lbc-to-go-national-as-uks-first-news-talk-station-8 5193 -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 14 03:34 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
26 800
Humax PVR920002T fails to record by David[_12_]
I contacted Humax saying that I have a PVR-92002T that is now six years old. It has Loader 4.09 Hardware PVR9200T Rev 1.0 Software PGXTF 1.00.23 4.09 The box frequently freezes when it is turned on . The only way to restart it is to pull the plug and plug back in and let it reload. I have gone through the resetting procedure but it seems not to help. Recently the box has several times failed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 14 11:03 AM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
15 797
It's an ill wind by viewer
It's a very ill wind that blows no good at all - or words to that effect. Benefits from the recent gales seem to be damage to the point of needing replacement many of these hideous, ugly UHF TV antennas installed when Freeview was low power. The main culprits being: 1. Yagis with ultra-large corner reflectors that were mechanically inadequate. A desperate attempt to get some gain at the low end...
February 16th 14 09:45 PM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
1 166
BBC1 Scotland HD Sound by Hamster
BBC1 Scotland HD sound continues to be quiet and muffled so I thought I'd try experimenting with the sound settings (Panasonic TV plus Panasonic SCHTB20 sound bar). Caldbeck transmitter so we also have BBC1 HD England on which the sound is OK. There are two settings for the digital sound output format - auto and PCM. On BBC1 HD England the setting makes no difference although the indicators on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 14 07:16 PM
by charles Go to last post
18 435
BBC Local Freeview channel now showing 'The Lucy Show' by Ian Jackson[_2_]
As subject, the BBC Local Freeview channel 792 is presently showing 'The Lucy Show'. Bonanza is next, at 5pm. After that, it's the Beverly Hill Billies. 791 is still colour bars. -- Ian
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 15th 14 10:12 PM
by Graham.[_5_] Go to last post
27 900
Two Topfields in the same room (remotes). by T i m
Hi All, She's finally got fedup with her (replacement) Humax PVR-9150T and replaced it with a s/h Topfield TF5800 like mine. ;-) Except (of course), both the remote operate both the Toppys. ;-( So, a quick Google has thrown up talk of different remote 'modes', taps and all sorts of other extenders and hardware but before I do anything I thought I'd ask here in case there is a 'simple'...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 15th 14 07:22 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
28 436
Standards of accuracy slipping... by Brian Gaff
The BBC again... I am sure if they really tried hard, they could find a narrator who knows the difference between the Apollo moon rocket, the Saturn V and a Shuttle being launched. Having just listened to the Mars mission Horizon, I think to myself, OK the narrator lady was probably not born in 1969, but surely some research into what two launches look like might help her do her job...
February 15th 14 08:56 AM
by Brian_Gaff Go to last post
3 238
Have you been bullied by the BEEB? by Derek F[_4_]
If you have been bullied by the BEEB there's money waiting for you. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553496/BBC-pays-100-000-compensation-people-bullied-TV-licence-collectors-Corporation-500-goodwill-payments-past-five-years.html Derek.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 14 11:19 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
43 790
Tomson (RCA) DSI8210CSR. by Ian Field
Does anyone know the sequence to restore factory defaults? Where to find a user manual would be handy too. Thanks.
February 14th 14 05:47 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
0 161
Satellite signal problems due to high winds by rbel
The setup is a 60 cms dish mounted 1.3 metres above ground on a 50 mm diameter 16 guage aluminium mast which is sunk into a 50 cms cube of concrete below ground. We have noticed breaking up of the picture on several recorded programmes during the past couple of weeks. It would seem that the recordings in question were probably made during periods of very high winds. We live in a fairly exposed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 14th 14 03:56 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
51 895
Which PVR? by Woody[_5_]
Some of you may remember that I sought advice on here a month or two back as to which PVR to buy on behalf of an elderly technophobic lady. Well, it has come around again. I have of late seen the Sagem RTI95-320 which is going for 120. All the reports I read suggested it was/is a very good machine, until I found the Sagem Community (SC) which shows a very different picture. As a result I...
February 11th 14 06:11 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
4 183
Post New Thread