Post New Thread
satellite positions by Stuart Turrell
my satellite is currently pointing at 28.2 east, which is not uncommon in the uk, i was wondering if the satellite will be able to pick up 33 east as the new e-bird will soon be there and transmitting and i intend to use broadband through this satellite. Should i invest in another dish? Stuart
October 18th 03 10:57 PM
by Ross Go to last post
6 333
FS: Psion Wavefinder by Steven Templeton
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2758676279 Just over one day left
October 18th 03 07:12 PM
by Steven Templeton Go to last post
0 254
box in other country by 0.006
I'm moving over to Australia and I was wondering if I can bring my old box over? I understand they have digital signals but don't have a clue if it will be operatable Thanks
October 18th 03 05:44 PM
by jolly green giant Go to last post
1 333
black screens by Mark
I keep getting black screens on Itv mainly at night time during programs. The screen goes black for a second then comes back on. Has anyone else seen this ? Its either a transmission problem or a scart problem to my tv but i have only seen it happen on itv. Box is a Panasonic dsb31 but it also happened on a pace 2600 Suggestions Please Mark
October 18th 03 05:02 PM
by Andy Dee Go to last post
2 276
Thompson DVD+HDD recorder - does it do Freeview? by John Russell
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi, Just saw this in Argos, it is a DVD player and hard disk recorder for 400, does it have a freeview receiver or not? Thanks, Andrew.
October 18th 03 04:55 PM
by Wills Go to last post
1 325
support question: DVRec/Nova-T (PCI) - DivX by Default
I have successfully coded to a DivX file from an MPG one that was generated by my Nova-T. I have all the filters installed and the conversion process appears to have went smoothly. But I can't seem to be able to play the output DivX file. It doesn't seem to be in a valid format for either WMP9, DivX player, Real1, ... Can anybody gratefully suggest a tip? Running DivX 5.0.5.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 03 03:13 PM
by Default Go to last post
11 404
Best place to get Freeview box? by Mike GW8IJT
"Andrew Hodgson" wrote in message ... Hi, I want to get a cheap (!) freeview box, preferably with audio connectivity. I know the basic specs of most of the models so just want to buy online at a reasonable price. Any suggestions? Thanks,
October 18th 03 09:30 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
7 445
DEC 2000t and DVRec - No sound on playback by JPG
I am a relative newcomer to the "joys" of trying to set up a PVR on my PC. I have a 2600 Athlon powered machine running WinXP home. I also have a Hauppage DEC 2000t with firmware version 1.0.5 and DVB software version 2.6 (Beta). I have no problem running the recording software supplied and it plays back through the TV with no problem. However, on recommendation of some of you guys, I...
October 18th 03 07:50 AM
by JPG Go to last post
0 231
AV Switchboxes - Which is best [UK]; HSR1000 Review by Java Jive
Well I ended up buying the Holdan HSR 1000, and am very pleased with it, though it's not perfect. For those interested, here's a brief review .... 7 ins (6 x SCART, 1 x Comp/Stereo; the DVD, Sat1, and Terrestrial SCARTs also have coaxial SPDIF inputs for digital audio) 4 outs (TV SCART, VCR SCART, Comp/Stereo, Stereo & Coax SPDIF) + Matrix functionality - most ins can be switched to...
October 18th 03 12:54 AM
by Java Jive Go to last post
0 374
Off topic - A2 or A3 printers by Bill
I need a colour printer that will do big pages. Has anyone any recommendations? Is there a more appropriate newsgroup or forum or anything to ask? Bill Where there is no television, the people perish. - adapted from Proverbs xxix. 18.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 03 12:00 AM
by Bill Go to last post
16 464
freeview digibox by Arlene Moss
is this freeview digibox any different to my digital tv i have right now? I get itv 2 bbc three etc...what exact channels do you get with the freeview box? don't suppose u get sky sports 1 etc?? any help, much appreciated Matt
October 17th 03 11:00 PM
by Colin Go to last post
4 327
parts for old Philips onDigital Box? by Craig Cockburn
Hi Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement battery cover for the remote control on a Philips onDigital box, mine has broken after the children threw it across the room. thanks -- Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). SiliconGlen.com Ltd. http://SiliconGlen.com Home to the first online guide to Scotland, founded 1994.
October 17th 03 09:23 PM
by Mike Cawood Go to last post
5 251
Sky+ and Buzz on Phone Line by Glenn Smith
Hi I've just had Sky+ installed after upgrading from the vanilla service. Since then I've got a terrible buzz on the phone line. If I disconnect the cable then it's fine. My Sky+ box is connected to the phone through the following, Master Socket-Contact 4 (1 line 4 extension PABX)-CallerID display- Sky+
October 17th 03 03:55 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
1 215
update error philip 6372 by michael thornton
does anyone know how to reset this box , is there any way to download the firmware by a pc . with thanks
October 17th 03 03:14 PM
by michael thornton Go to last post
0 213
Panny TUCT20 question by D W
When I call up the text pages on the above, I have to press the text button for about 30 seconds then release it and press it again, and also sometimes when I exit the text, a menu sometimes appears at the bottom of the screen on its own and I have to press the exit button again to get rid of it. Is this normal or have I got a faulty settop box? Dave
October 17th 03 01:32 PM
by D W Go to last post
6 226
widescreen.. by tomm
This is gonna sound pretty basic to you all.. but . Just got a widescreen tv at last (28)in. In the past 2 days about all I can seem to get without black bars , top & bottom , on terrestrial channels, is the news . Almost everything else has the top & bottom bars. I have a few widescreen dvds but can`t watch them without the black bars. My freeview box is set to 16:9, and when I watch this I...
October 17th 03 01:03 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
3 275
Grundig GDT2000 upgrade? by Mickey Mouse
Hi, I've got a Grundig GDT2000, which came preloaded with firmware version 2.1. However, the unit appears to have some stability problems when rapidly changing channels, in that it locks up, doesn't respond to either the remote or the buttons on the box itself, and requires powered off and on again to reset it. I gather that firmware version 2.2 will fix the lock-ups. Anyone happen to know...
October 17th 03 12:09 PM
by Mickey Mouse Go to last post
3 551
Sky box + Panasonic TV + Panasonic DVD, lots of remotes! by Tom Wesley
Hi all, My reasonably elderly and certainly not tech-savy nan has just purchased a very nice flat screen 32" Panasonic TV, together with the cinema surround DVD player. They both came together, so she presumed that things would play nicely together, and that there might even be some instructions as to how is the best way to link them up. No such luck... I got there to try to plug the lot...
October 17th 03 11:32 AM
by John Russell Go to last post
4 442
Problems with AverTV DVB-T by NealUK
I have just purchased one of these from Maplins (PCI version). When i first installed, it stated that it couldn't find tsbyuv.dll, so i downloaded said file from a website. I then re-installed, and everything went perfectly. Upon opening the application, it passes all the tests, but when i exit the test to run the application, i get an error message stating "Failed to connect digital capture...
October 17th 03 09:40 AM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
1 246
Small IDTV by Simon Heather
I notice that Tesco are selling a 24" IDTV (http://www.tesco.com/electrical/templatepage.asp?page=earlybird.htm&anchor= 86C12) for 349 - is anyone selling anything smaller such as a 21" 4:3 size? I would like to replace my current 21" and Freeview STB with a single box. - Simon.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 03 06:49 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
13 3,518