Post New Thread
Line of Duty - premature end of recording by Dickie mint[_2_]
We recorded this halfway through on "catchup" - Humax Foxsat HDR. On picking up 10 minutes (phone call) later it stopped just before the last caption preceding the credits. Was this the Humax premature ending bug or did someone at the beeb set the end of recording flag thingy too soon? Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 22nd 14 11:07 PM
by Derek F[_4_] Go to last post
14 433
York wired radio by Bill Wright[_2_]
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tkt4k5bjplhqqmn/3AHwKL8JfK I'm wondering if anyone here has any info on this. It appears to be a very ancient wired radio (or TV?) system, in York city. Bill
March 22nd 14 08:11 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
4 202
19" TV recommendations please by Norman Wells[_6_]
I only have room for a 19" TV, or at a stretch a 22", to replace an old 14" CRT with an STB for use in a small dining room mainly to watch the news over dinner. Viewing options in the local shops are very limited, but I see Amazon are doing a 19" Samsung for 136 which seems good value. Does anyone have one of these or any other recommendations please?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 14 07:16 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
10 331
Odd coloured tvs. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
The world seems to be pretty boring according to a friend of mine. He wants to buy a tv with a green coloured cabinet to match some decor. Do any manufacturers make one? I did point out that surely its better to buy a tv on its specs, facilities and its picture quality rather than what colour the cabinet is. After all there is hardly any cabinet these days, is there? Brian --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 14 09:46 AM
by UnsteadyKen[_2_] Go to last post
17 407
New Satellite and Terrestrial TV Alignment Calculators (inc links!) by Java Jive[_2_]
Most of this is now accomplished ... On Sat, 01 Feb 2014 17:47:28 +0000, Java Jive wrote: Remaining problems: :-( Upgrade to HTML5 has made a mess of the page layouts when printing output in most modern browsers, disastrously so in IE.
March 19th 14 01:16 AM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
1 154
One for Bill... by Robin[_8_]
MRD Merde alors? Sorry. "Mandy Rice -Davies" (as in "He would, wouldn't he?"). -- Robin reply to address is (meant to be) valid
March 18th 14 11:18 AM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
3 230
freesat box with built in wi-fi by housetrained
Hi, Google gives plenty of boxes but the one's checked out do NOT have wi-fi. any suggestions? housetrained --- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com
March 18th 14 11:02 AM
by Paul Ratcliffe Go to last post
8 764
Retuning headaches. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
I got fed up with being nagged to retune in the London area last night so did a retune. The new London station, either called London Live or London Life depending on whether you believe ti traler or the text on the screen, is on ch 8, however, the box then lost two news channels and several of the UK TV channels and ITV3. OK Lets try another aerial. This time it seemed to work but also had...
March 18th 14 08:00 AM
by Brian Gaff[_2_] Go to last post
0 162
a lift by Bill Wright[_2_]
Were getting complaints from Belmont viewers in S Yorkshire about loss of reception. Complaints from Belmont viewers in the Hull area (where the aerials point south) are more strident. Apparently some people who have tried a retune because of loss of reception have been rewarded with London programmes. Its foggy on the coast by the way. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 17th 14 06:13 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
28 747
Local TV from Crystal Palace by Bill Wright[_2_]
In central London it appears that ch29 is 14dB below chs 28 and 30. Anyone who wanted to equalise the levels would have to use rather expensive filters for all three of these channels, which in practice would mean that they would use expensive filters for every channel. Presumably communal systems will simply carry 29 at a low level, and reception will be hit and miss. As this is a SFN I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 14 04:16 AM
by Pinnerite[_2_] Go to last post
19 433
Humax Foxsat 500G HDR: No Standby light; seems dead by Maurice[_3_]
Bought 2 years ago, last night it was working fine before putting it into standby mode overnight. This morning it would not come out of Standby (tried new batteries in remote). So Switched mains supply off and left for an hour or so, but when then switching on again, no Standby light appeared, nor is the info window illuminated. (Power *is* getting into though, as can see the yellow &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 16th 14 11:12 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
33 858
Phones by David Kennedy[_2_]
The first one looks OK but there are a couple of others, see what you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 14 08:41 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
10 373
Smart TVs and Skype by Jeff Layman[_2_]
Just picked this up in a forum: http://windowssecrets.com/forums/showthread.php/159825-Skype-permanently-online?p=943375&viewfull=1#post943375 Seems that digital TVs might be developing so many other uses that we should be on the lookout for potential problems. I don't have a smart TV or use Skype, but maybe this will be of interest to somebody who does. -- Jeff
March 15th 14 09:28 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
4 280
Sky TV on demand. by David[_9_]
I have Sky Broadband/phone package as part of this I have included Sky On demand TV free. Requirement it says is to have a 'Black Sky+HD box'. Seems to be plenty of s/h ones around if I obtain one will it get me this On demand feature without a subscription for the box? Thanks David ---
March 15th 14 11:45 AM
by Woody[_5_] Go to last post
4 520
OT Topographic Lift and/or Temporal Shift on Call The Midwife by Chris Holmes
On last weeks episode the Curate with the Well equiped car said he might be able to pick up Radio Luxembourg (during daylight hours). I listened to this in the 70, and my recoollection is of a nightime only programme. Am I remembering right? and was it different in the 50s?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 13th 14 03:01 PM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
59 1,166
"Smart TV" conversion box needed by Lobster
I have a Western Digital Live Media Player, which I use primarily to stream recorded/downloaded video to the TV. It also provides a small number of (mostly obscure and all unwanted by me on the TV) internet services: facebook, acuweather, picasso, etc. It's frustrating that there are so few (and given that they keep updating the firmware, I don't know why they can't add some useful...
March 13th 14 12:12 PM
by MartinR Go to last post
1 206
Coax amplifier install - NAILED IT! by [email protected]
http://imgur.com/r/cablefail/8AvAKmr
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 14 10:13 AM
by Ashley Booth[_2_] Go to last post
14 402
BBC 3 again.. Posted for comment by Brian Gaff
Brian wonders why an organisation from the US is beingused to run petitions here. I'd say they have about as much chance as I do of becomming King of Tonga. Brian Change.org
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 13th 14 09:14 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
35 657
PSB1 Waltham/Nottingham this evening by CD
Anyone have any problems tonight? Argus TV was recording 9PM Space prog on C4 HD from Nottingham, when it informed me there was no signal around 9:18. This Argus software allows a fair bit of fiddling/testing & indeed no signal on any of the HD channels, SD were fine. Went downstairs & tried the seldom used Freeview HD tuner on the telly & it was on. A check on Argus showed the signal came back...
March 13th 14 09:05 AM
by Scion Go to last post
3 263
Tropospheric lift by madge
Little fun thing on the way to and from Folkestone today on the M20. Dutch Road Traffic news breaking into normal radio. I presume they use the same system we use in the UK. -- My Kindle/Mobile links page | All Kindles | http://goo.gl/ySe0d Use these for low bandwidth | All Mobiles | http://KindLink.tk/ A really crap coded website | All Devices | https://sites.google.com/site/themadge/
March 13th 14 04:41 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
1 192
Post New Thread