Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Channel 4 On Demand by Indy Jess John
Just wondering - is there an equivalent to get_iplayer for Channel4 programmes? I couldn't see anything on a google search. Jim
June 27th 15 10:36 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
6 3,985
BBBC points cameras with a tenth of what the MOD gets to run an army, an air force and a navy on. by [email protected]
MINISTERS are today slammed for allowing the BBC to get away with huge licence fee increases WITHOUT Parliament having a say. Lord Fowler, head of the BBC Charter Review Committee, said: "The BBC now receives £3billion from the public. On the basis of the BBC's bid this will rise to over £4billion in the next seven years. More people now spend longer online that watchng the box yet the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 23rd 06 04:04 PM
by JNugent Go to last post
193 3,969
patronising digital advert by Bill Wright
I've just seen an advert on BBC-1 for the government's digital switchover help scheme. This is intended to help those over 75 make the switch from analogue to digital TV. The advert showed a garulous old fool who seemed to lack social awareness and common sense. The young relative and the young engineer exchanged meaningful glances, as if to say, "She can't help being daft; she's old." How...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 13th 09 08:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
215 3,959
Alert: Argos 16-day money back guarantee does not apply to by JPG
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:20:56 +0100, (Simon Gardner) wrote: In article , JPG wrote: Alert: Argos 16-day money back guarantee does not apply to DTTV boxes! Thicko alert: Which condition Argos makes clear at point of sale.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 16th 03 02:07 AM
by James Go to last post
30 3,943
Anyone understand humaxrw? by Mark[_6_]
My Humax PVR has lost all its recordings today. I have hooked up the HDD to a PC and am running humaxrw to try to recover the files. If I run almost any command. eg. humaxrw -l 0: I see the following error message: "Directory 1: Permission denied"
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 29th 14 05:20 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
31 3,927
Reliable PVR? by T i m
Hi all, Not sure this is the right place to ask but I've been tasked with helping some technophobe inlaws into the PVR world. Now, I understand Humax gear is known to be fairly user friendly but I'm not sure they are as reliable as I want to risk as a recommendation (based on the one the Mrs had before I got her a Topfield TF5800 like mine).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 17 04:33 PM
by T i m Go to last post
182 3,916
How to Access Viera Link on Panasonic TV? by Davy[_2_]
I have just bought a Panasonic Viera TX32LZD80 which I want to connect to my external powered speakers. I need to be able to control the volume using the TV remote. The manual doesn't explain how but I understand from other posts that I need to go to the VieraLink menu and set the 'speaker' to external. However when I press the VieraLink button or try to access the setting through the menu...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 28th 16 12:20 PM
by pamela Go to last post
21 3,908
Digital radio switchover gets poor reception by Ivan
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/7753364/Digital-radio-switchover-gets-poor-reception.html
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 10 10:16 PM
by m Go to last post
131 3,898
BBC News Blunder by Java Jive[_2_]
"Powys man gets broadband via satellite over Africa" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-40745533 " they are positioned above the equator to maximise coverage." Oh dear! Actually, they are positioned over the equator because that is the only place you can obtain a geo-stationary orbit, enabling fixed dishes to work. Satellites that aren't in geo-stationary orbit
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 10th 17 04:27 PM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
365 3,881
Rusty 'Sky' dish by Tim Jones[_2_]
I bought a ‘Sky’ dish from eBay eighteen months ago and am annoyed to find that it has already gone quite rusty, even though all the ‘official’ Sky dishes in this area (even those that have been up for years) are fine. I would like to replace it, so as to avoid continual repainting, but how can I tell if a replacement dish won’t go rusty? Are Sky dishes made of aluminium? Is there a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 29th 10 08:17 PM
by fred Go to last post
24 3,873
Masthead v Indoor Amp - simpleton question by Woby Tide
I have searched and think I know the answer but because the search terms are so common I tend to just get shop websites. What's the fundamental difference between a masthead amp and an indoor amp..if used in a loft with power? I.e. I've investigated the setup in our new property. Within the loftspace I have found the aerial, approx 1 metre down the cable there is a power supply with an indoor...
January 15th 07 09:51 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 3,868
13% are "dead against" Digital TV by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1117973,00.html -- Steve - http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ - Digital Radio News & Info DAB sounds worse than Freeview, digital satellite, cable, broadband internet and FM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 31st 04 07:59 AM
by Nigel R Go to last post
187 3,848
Complete HD Satellite kit for £79.99 by David
Screwfix have got the Labgear HD satellite kit at £79.99 http://www.screwfix.com/prods/98603/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/HDMI-Digital-TV-Range/Labgear-HD-Complete-Satellite-Kit?cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-SATELLITE-_-98603 This must make a price of a Freesat set up look a bit sick, also Freeview HD box. Regards David
May 17th 10 10:42 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
8 3,846
Technika Freeview HD boxes at Tesco. by David
Ok cheap at £30 each are they acceptable quaulity? 2 models anyone know difference if any in performance or quaulity? Will they do the BBC i-player? a) STBDIS2010 b) STBH2010 The second looks a smarter case. Thanks Regards David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 5th 11 10:32 PM
by Johny B Good Go to last post
36 3,842
BBC Trust - no idea engineering experience whatsoever by DAB sounds worse than FM
The members of the new BBC Trust have been announced, and there is not a single person with ANY knowledge of engineering / technical issues on it whatsoever. The BBC Governors did have a communications engineering professor on it, although a fat lot of good he did in stopping the BBC adopting the ridiculously out-of-date DAB system. Also, the BBC is actually unregulated with respect to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 06 07:10 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
213 3,830
Quick shopping list by David WE Roberts[_3_]
Bursting with enthusiasm, I am now shopping for new kit. Recommendations please for a Group E aerial and masthead amp for reception in Felixstowe from Sudbury. Woolfbase recommends Amplified Extra High Gain HP Group E. Cheers Dave R
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 15th 12 12:51 AM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
117 3,822
Cancelling Sky by Tim Rogers
Got the basic Entetainment package. If I ring Sky up tomorrow will they cut me off straight away or do I have to give one months notice? I assume that I will then goto 'FreeSat' status? If I wish to resubscribe then can I just do so for a month and then unsubscribe again? Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 06 09:41 AM
by monstermind Go to last post
63 3,818
OT - DAB by mike
I live in an area where all forms of reception are a bit iffy. I wonder if I could improve things with a DAB set to get more radio programmes - I don't want to switch on the telly to get Radio 5! And bfore you ask, it would be Freesat, not DTT sourced - DTT is also iffy. I know it won't be particularly good quality; what digital stuff is now the bosses have a big "make it worse" knob, but my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 3rd 07 11:42 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
180 3,815
Intermittent loss of sound on Freeview by [email protected]
A simple question. We recently installed a Panasonic digi-box for the UK Freeview channels. The reception is fine but after a hour or so, the sound keeps cutting out intermittently - this seems to be the case for BBC, ITV/E4 and the other free channels. Any idea what could be causing this? I should add that we have never had any problem with terrestrial viewing. Thanks in advance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 25th 05 06:46 AM
by Mike O'Sullivan Go to last post
12 3,812
External HDD for Humax HB-1000S by David[_13_]
Got the box today and it seems to be working fine. I tried to use a USB stick for recording (well, USB adapter and SDHC card) and the Humax said that it could not format the USB stick. Haven't tried with a real USB stick yet. Can a PC tell the difference between a USB memory stick and a USB hard drive? The memory stick is a Solid State Device (so SSD). Anyway, I began idly searching for an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 16 10:17 AM
by David[_13_] Go to last post
58 3,811