Post New Thread
Maximum Distance from Sky DigiBox to Mini-Dish? by Robin Smith
Currently my Sky mini-dish is connected to the digibox by a length of cable approximately 10 metres. As I am having a kitchen extractor fan fitted where the dish is now, and need to move the dish to accommodate this. The only other suitable place is another exterior wall which would require an additional 20 metres cable run (to 30 metres). I trust this will be OK and not degrade signal quality...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 03:24 PM
by Don Pearce Go to last post
12 1,395
Barry White - BBC Live 1975 [SVCD] - Readme.nfo by joefish
BARRY WHITE AT THE BBC Source: BBC4 4th January 2004 Format: 4:3 SVCD delaced 780 MB, 50 mins approx. The Walrus Of Lurv, with Love Unlimited and the Love Unlimited Orchestra, live at the Albert Hall, London, 1975 Setlist:
January 16th 04 02:06 PM
by joefish Go to last post
5 404
Rigger's diary - cowboys (again) by Bill
Oh dear me. I went to see this old girl today. She had not been able to watch TV since last Wednesday. She'd asked all her pals who to contact and most had said "You'll have to ring Mr Oldham, he's the only one round here, but he isn't very good." Now she'd had Mr O. before, in fact he'd installed the aerial that was now giving no reception, only six months ago. The old lady had asked him...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 04 12:56 PM
by Bill Go to last post
35 917
ITV1 Lunchtime News (12:30 Edition) by John Porcella
During an interview with the retiring David Seaman, the picture on ANALOGUE started to break up badly into a very pretty coloured mosaic, with no sound. I quickly switched to DTT and the break up on ITV1 was present also...all from Crystal Palace transmitter. However, upon turning to the DTT version of the ITV News Channel, the interview was proceeding normally, with full sight and...
January 16th 04 09:12 AM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
4 249
Which freeview box ? by Britannica
My Grundig Sky box has gone south, I can only get BBC1, C4 and Sky News. My local aerial installer swapped out the LNB and reckons the fault is in the digibox not switching bands correctly. I asked him to check the possibility of Freeview and according to his meter we should be able to get a reasonable signal (but possibly not A1) from Emley Moor with a proper DTV aerial. So....which box to buy...
January 16th 04 09:09 AM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
5 305
slightly OT - magic signal booster by Ian
A suspcisiously MLM style of web site has been spammed to other newsgroups, and the site is advertising this. I couldn't help but chuckle at the claims of this device. If only they made one for UHF reception. I could save a fortune on electricity by turning my aerial amp off and using "stray static electircity" instead.... Can anyone offer any plausible technical reason why something like...
January 16th 04 08:35 AM
by Andy Sinclair Go to last post
5 308
Freeview Problem London Area by David Richardson
Anyone know how I can have low gain on Mux A ch 34, but a good picture, while at the same time have high gain on Mux 2 ch 22, but all the stations break up. It was fine up to Christmas, could this be a Crystal Palace problem? "I'm Muxed please help" DJR
January 16th 04 02:44 AM
by David Richardson Go to last post
5 292
Deceptive advert by Bill
In the new Alltrade catalogue (p21) there is an advert for Televés Active aerials. The gain is quoted as 'up to 30dB'. Now leaving aside the fact that the expression 'up to' includes 'zero' or sweet FA', 30dB is quite a gain figure for an aerial. Of course, they have added together the maximum gain of the actual aerial and the maximum gain of the built-in masthead amplifier. Now this is...
January 15th 04 06:01 PM
by Brian Go to last post
7 361
Sat TV by Peter
Can anyone tell me where I can find info about english-speaking satellite channels that are available without a subscription? Thanks, Peter
January 15th 04 03:37 PM
by Peter Go to last post
7 282
ITV News off air on DTT by Bill
The ITV News Channel seems to have disappeared tonight, at least from Emley Moor. All our receivers say 'Service off air'. Anyone know what's up? Is it on other transmitters? Bill http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/index.html
January 15th 04 01:56 PM
by Simes Go to last post
6 364
Teletext Channel by John Porcella
I have just done an "Add Channels" to see if I could find the rumoured Disney channel. I did not find it, but I did find two new channels, both of them Teletext ones on channels 54 and the other on 55. One is about holidays and the other appears to be a TV guide. When did this start? I can no longer get any digital text on Channel 4 on my Philips.
January 15th 04 11:15 AM
by Tony Walton Go to last post
1 230
Feeview aerial reception by Geoff Lane
I've recently bought a Goodmans digital box to try out for an elderly relative (I've got Sky). Setting up an absolute doddle and it worked fine on two different TVs working off a completely different TV aerial in the same loftspace. Picture quality better as well. Puzzling problem, suddenly no signal on one TV, unplugged box and installed it in second TV using different loft aerial and again no
January 15th 04 11:09 AM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
2 209
Nebula DigiTV for Analogue Video-In recording. by paul groves
Never done this before, just wondered if anyone here had, and what software you need. Cheers, paul paul's opengl page - http://home.clara.net/paulyg paul's pgp public key - http://home.clara.net/paulyg/PaulGroves.asc
January 15th 04 09:45 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
3 204
DVB-CI Standard - possible TS MPEG2 input ?? by Xadhoom
Anyone knows if is possible to play TS stream connecting an STB to a PC using CI interface?? This is just the way Panasonic TU-MS100 works but I need to know if is possible with any type of STB that has CI-interface. I need it because I don't want to buy an RF modulator. Thanks. Alex
January 15th 04 09:13 AM
by Xadhoom Go to last post
0 187
test by Sly
test
January 15th 04 06:34 AM
by Sly Go to last post
0 189
Nebula DigiTV flickering by Geoff
Hi everyone, On my Nebula DigiTV I sometimes get quite a bit of flickering, particularly around the edges of the picture. It's when I have the 'Deinterlace Method' set to 'Bob'. Sometimes if I change the size of the window slightly when it isn't full-screen, the flickering goes away. On the programme I'm watching at the moment though it just won't go away at all. There are 2 other settings in...
January 14th 04 11:54 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
4 208
Bad satellite reception - signal shows full strength? by Dave Jennings
Hi everyone, Hope someone can help. I had a 2nd Sky installation put in a while back, using a Freeview card for basic access on this TV. Picture etc was great, but lately it's been awful - screen freezes, pixelates and gets out of synch like crazy, making it impossible to watch. Now, the main Sky system feeds off the same sat, and it's picture is
January 14th 04 10:26 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
1 221
Aerial Upgrade? by Kwan
My current rooftop aerial works fine for the normal terrestrial channels. What are the odds that that I will need to upgrade it for freeview? I'm only asking as Argos told me that if I bought a receiver from them, I would not be able to return it afterwards. The freeview website just say that I *may* need to upgrade my aerial - with is neither her or there. Is there any way of finding out...
January 14th 04 07:48 PM
by Brian McIlwrath Go to last post
7 338
Sony TV by Kenny
Hi all, Sorry if this appears a silly Q, But here goes. I bought a second hand Sony TV, Model KV-S2942U, unfortunately it has no manuals for setting up etc. It does lots of things, ie Multi Pic in Pic, RGB input/Outputs, Digital sound effects etc, also has 3 Scart sockets, 3 SHVS type sockets and a load of Phono & Speaker connections. It says its a 100Hz Digital Plus on the front of the case,...
January 14th 04 06:27 PM
by Peter Johnson Go to last post
2 202
Burst of interference makes for messy MPEG2 file by Rhys Lewis
I have a Nebula DigiTV card, currently running version 3.03, and use Digiguide/DV Rec to record TV with it. The Digiguide is much simpler interface for seeing what's on than the Nebula software, and I'm using version 3.03 because DV Rec doesn't seem to recognise version 3.10. Generally speaking I try to use DV Rec to compress the MPEG2 into an AVI. It does this with a bundled copy PVAstrumento...
January 14th 04 05:59 PM
by Steve Maudsley Go to last post
4 199
Post New Thread