Post New Thread
The worst thing about TOPUP.TV .... by Paul Grayson
..... is all the spam regarding pirate cards that will appear here and elsewhere once they launch.
February 6th 04 11:33 PM
by Bill Go to last post
6 227
Sweepstake by Mat Overton
Death of Top Up TV sweepstake anyone? 8 - 10 per month? I'm guessing December 2004..... ;)
February 6th 04 07:32 PM
by Paul Grayson Go to last post
7 224
ITV - Pixelation city by Geoff
I often notice how bad the digital picture on ITV1 is on Sky Digital. It's obviously because they've crammed too many channels onto one frequency. It's very noticeable on "I'm a celebrity" lately-more so than most other programmes. I read in this group recently that if you set your Sky box to pick up another ITV region, you'll get a better quality picture. Well I've tried several different...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 6th 04 06:03 PM
by Marcus Durham Go to last post
15 472
Goodbye HTV News and 14:9 by aa
Shame to see that with the new regional news format in the West of England (ITV West News), local news output has reverted to 4:3 from 14:9. I believe Anglia regional news was 14:9 format too, I guess that's now changed back also? -- aa To reply by e-mail, 'Subject' line must start with " "
February 6th 04 01:39 PM
by aa Go to last post
5 228
Is this a Pace product? by JPG
http://www.scientificatlanta.com/customers/prod_sub_pvr.htm I believe Scientific Atlanta are a US cable provider. Come on ntl - why can't I have one. There *has* to be a demand. JPG
February 6th 04 12:24 PM
by JPG Go to last post
0 152
Sony Service Menu for iDTV by Damian
Does anyone know of the Service menu access code for the Sony KD32DX100 iDTV please? The conventional wisdom from some of the web sites I've visited is that to access the Sony Service menu you do do the following: (Courtsey http://www.kv32tweak.freeuk.com/) However, I've tried both on my KD32DX100, and to no avail. On a KV-32FX60 1.. Turn OFF the set from the televisions on/off switch. 2.....
February 6th 04 12:15 PM
by Farry Go to last post
4 395
Another Fusion PVR Delay...... by Rod
Received an email from Unbeatable.co.uk today stating Fusion are now saying sometime March. Hopefully the delay is more down to improvements than fixing bugs... Rod
February 6th 04 10:13 AM
by Mike GW8IJT Go to last post
1 197
Top up tv encryption by Dogtanian
What type of encryption will be used? Will it be a seperate decoder like early analogue sky?
February 6th 04 07:57 AM
by Dogtanian Go to last post
0 281
Intermittent problem with DigiTV and SHUTDOWN.EXE by Steven
Hi, I mentioned this before in another thread but I'm now tearing my hair out over this so wondered if anyone was having similar problems. I'm using Robin's DigiTV Tasks script and the SHUTDOWN program to set scheduled tasks to wake my PC up to record programmes. When I'm in the house, it all works fine. Annoyingly though, when I set the PC up to record while I'm out, it never seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 04 08:48 PM
by Christopher Anderson Go to last post
22 785
Rigger's confusion -- uneven coverage of DTT muxes by Bill
I was in Dore, on the west of Sheffield, the other day. The postcode checker says 'no chance' but I had a look round with a log periodic and found strong DTT from the south. This turned out to be the Chesterfield relay, but only five muxes were present. These five were very strong (about 54dbuV) but there was no sign of the BBC mux on ch 34. Analogue from Chesterfield was pretty poor at about...
February 5th 04 08:43 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
8 260
Freeview - Conspiracy #36 by ArmandAlegge
This is very probably just what is taking place ....we'll have a further clue if Birt is appointed Chairman of the BBC Governors. But Blair is going to loose the next General Election because the ageing Labour rank & file in the country will not turn out to deliver leaflets and canvass the vote. There will be a Conservative Government from May 2005 with Michael Howerd in No10.And that will be...
February 5th 04 08:01 PM
by ArmandAlegge Go to last post
0 185
ITV Interactive by Archibold Pumper
I wonder if the new ITV plc have any plans to run any interactive stuff on freeview, now they have got the merger out of the way? I understand that there were plans some months ago but it never happened. It seems strange that the teletext service on freeview isn't connected with ITV as it used to be and still is on analogue. Does anyone know whether ITV are still planning to make use of the...
February 5th 04 07:10 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
8 277
Can't record Channel 5 when STB is on by Lasitha
Hi, I've just got a Pioneer Freeview STB and I've noticed that if I try to record Channel 5 while the STB is on, I don't get anything. If I switch off the STB, everything is fine. Also I can record Channel 5 via the STB (this means I have to be watching Channel 5 to be able to record it). Any ideas why this is?. Thanks for any info.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 5th 04 06:38 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
10 597
ondigital by DI
Shouldn't my Phillips ondigital box still provide me with free to air digital channels? It isn't connecting - and of course now I've lost the instructions for it!
February 5th 04 05:36 PM
by Ross Lockley Go to last post
6 311
Freeview - Conspiracy #36 by Craig Pickles
"From brown envelopes to brown trousers... Labour in government" Conspiracy No. 36 of 2004 What are the other 35? is there a website somewhere? ;) Craig
February 5th 04 04:12 PM
by Craig Pickles Go to last post
0 191
Freeview Boss Quits by Steve
.... and is in talks to join the planned pay-TV service on Freeview: http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1140103,00.html -- Steve - http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/ DAB sounds worse than Freeview, digital satellite, cable, broadband internet and FM
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 5th 04 02:37 PM
by Ricky Go to last post
23 531
Want a TiVo PVR... any pit falls? by Doz
Hi all, I'm considering buying a TiVo off Ebay... anything I should look out for ? Also, is it possible to remove TiVo recorded video off onto DVD-R via network and a PC ? And finally, will a TiVo work with my digi ntl cable box weird IR system ? Regards,
February 5th 04 01:07 PM
by Brian Go to last post
1 146
Picture quality since last software upgrade by Deep Thought
I have noticed that the picture on most Freeview channels is slightly softer focus than it was before the version 3 upgrade - subtle but still there. Is this because bandwidth has been reduced or some other factor?.... (Sony IDTV). -- ----------------------- Deep Thought -----------------------
February 5th 04 12:46 PM
by Deep Thought Go to last post
0 164
Do you want paytv to return to DTT? Please Vote by Hoppy Mail
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DTT_FREEVIEW_BBC/surveys?id=11631610
February 5th 04 12:04 PM
by Hoppy Mail Go to last post
5 190
Philips widescreen TV by tony addinsell
when I select EXT1 on my 24PW6407TV remote control, and then press TV guide on my SKY remote, I get a snow screen and need to press input button on TV again to clear it. Is this a known problem ? Tony
February 5th 04 11:44 AM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 163
Post New Thread