Post New Thread
Top Up TV by John
Bugger! Got parents a Freeview digi-box for Christmas and now discover Top Up TV, but only means of getting it is to have a box with a card slot in it. Anybody know whether anybody has invented a bit of kit that connects (although not quite sure where) the Freeview box to a card reader?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 04 07:36 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
10 466
BBCi programme schedules missing on Freeview by Tim Mitchell
Recently when I've tried to look at the BBCi "What's on" pages, I just get an empty page with "No Schedule Found", or if using the "Search TV" page I get "No story for this page". I have tried it a few times over the last few weeks and got the same thing. Is this happening to anyone else? Is it my box, or our transmitter? Receiving from Belmont, Panasonic TUCT20 box. -- Tim Mitchell
February 19th 04 06:26 PM
by 5potnoodle Go to last post
3 169
Nebula DigiTV USB -- MPG -- DVD - Advice please! by A.N.Other
I'm a noob at all this, so please bear with me. I've just bought a Nebula DigiTV USB and am still getting used to its little foibles. One of my main intentions for the device is to record certain shows and then burn them to DVD to keep. The thing is, I've just tried this for the first time using Pinnacle Studio 9 and it doesn't work properly. I can top & tail the programme and burn the disk...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 04 02:19 PM
by Darren Wilkinson Go to last post
22 603
will i be able to get all the top-uptv chanels? by Peter Taylor
hi all. i recieve freeview from reigate transmitter. but can't recieve Mux D. but can receive chan 5. will this mean i can receive all of topuptv? thanks
February 19th 04 11:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 194
Found iDVCR in an internet corner by Tony Stanley
http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/index.asp?modelcode=DAE-SV900&a ffiliateid=98 Ah! found the Daewoo iDVCR for 146 (delivered) in Empire Direct corner, whats it doing in there. Anyone bought one yet? -- Tony Stanley ++Always Learning++
February 19th 04 11:02 AM
by John Beeston Go to last post
1 161
'back to reality' feed.. by Mike
can you receive the channel 5 live feed of 'back to reality' on Freeview?
February 19th 04 10:17 AM
by Mat Overton Go to last post
5 155
Amino AmiNET213 STB? by DavidM
I'm looking for something similar to the MediaMVP, but I dont like Hauppauge. Has anybody seen or used a STB from Amino. The model I've seen is this one, http://www.aminocom.com/products/aminet213.html. It has a DVB-T decoder and ethernet connection for video on demand and internet access? The company are based in Cambridge, but I can't find anywhere that sells their products. Would be grateful...
February 19th 04 10:11 AM
by Paul Webster Go to last post
1 251
streaming, nova-T, and interactive services by Robert E A Harvey
I'm getting increasingly confused about whether I would be able to use interactive services (press red) when using PCI tuner cards in a PC, and whether the same services would be available after streaming to a remote client. Can anyone point me at a good, basic-block-diagram, tutorial that addresses this level of detail?
February 19th 04 07:46 AM
by David van Kemenade Go to last post
1 163
Nebula DigiTV recording to DVD - Help! by Dogbert Dilbert
Dear All, been trying to help my bro, who has a Nebula DigiTV card (nice piece of kit, BTW). He can record TV programs to his PC and they replay just fine. Problems arise when we try to cut one of these recordings to DVD. The raw file will play in (eg) PowerDVD, but motion is jerky and the sound is out of sync.
February 18th 04 08:54 PM
by Snowman Go to last post
7 242
FORTUNE by Geneva
Pyramid scam
February 18th 04 07:56 PM
by Andy Dee Go to last post
2 163
Netgem i box Any Good ?? by Peter Harris
Hi, does any one have any experience of this Freeview box, Your opinion would be most useful, Many Thanks.
February 18th 04 07:28 PM
by Peter Harris Go to last post
0 284
Digital Power by Richard Watkinson
I have been mulling over the ERP levels of analogue versus digital TV tranmissions. For example Emley Moor sends out analogue TV at 500kW but digital is only 10kW. My query is, if all the analogue transmissions*were gone what would the digital ERP go up to? --
February 18th 04 05:05 PM
by Andy Dee Go to last post
6 206
News on Humax PVR-9000T by CJY
Being interested in getting a twin digital tuner PVR, I have emailed some of the suppliers (e.g. Humax, Fusion) to get some feedback on availability and to see if they might have slots to support the Top-Up TV that is being talked about in the press. Below is the first of the replies from Humax. Chris Dear Customer,
February 18th 04 02:25 PM
by Rufus A Go to last post
1 189
AD: Echostar DSB-880 2CI Quality CI Receiver 128+postage by dufus
Echostar DSB880 2CI Twin Common Interface Slots EchoStar Multilingual User Interface (10 Languages) 14 day EPG 4,400 Digital Channels, 80 Satellites, 1,500 Transponders Multiple Favorite Channel Lists (4 for TV, 4 for Radio) Freeze Picture 7 Timers (incl. Sleep Timer) Channel Sorting
February 18th 04 10:31 AM
by Lee Go to last post
3 318
Pace Twin + topup tv by nick
Does the pace have a CAM module, or is it just a slot?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 04 06:26 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
26 906
Paramount comedy channel? by smid
(rant on) Is the comedy the listings? Its past halfway through February and they dont have accurate listings for their channel, they are shifting programmes about and the website is a joke... Maybe I should complain to the accident insurance and loan sharks who advertise
February 17th 04 10:48 PM
by Geoff Go to last post
2 161
Five Analogue v DTT by John Porcella
I noticed that this channel was showing different adverts on the two systems! I am on the Crystal Palace transmitter. -- MESSAGE ENDS. John Porcella
February 17th 04 07:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 214
Sagem box limited to 60 channels? by George Morrison
We bought our Sagem box in November. The initial tune brought up 60 channels. In December, a retune brought up channel 54 (Teletext TV guide) but channel 91 (MOJO radio) had disappeared. We still had 60 channels. A little investigation showed that MOJO was the highest numbered channel on the highest frequency MUX (MUX A, SDN) that we receive (from Durris). In other words MOJO was the last...
February 17th 04 06:28 PM
by George Morrison Go to last post
4 195
Pace Twin - PC - Poratble TV by Edward Holt
I've got a Pace twin, & Sony DVD connected to my main TV that I'd like to connect a wireless TV sender to. I want the TV sender to transmit stuff to a PC that I'll equip with some form of TV card. I'd like the PC to be able to watch and record Freeview. I'd also like to be able to get the TV sender to transmit both Freeview and DVD player to a portable PC. Can anyone advis me on what sort of TV...
February 17th 04 06:15 PM
by Edward Holt Go to last post
0 137
TUTV: yet another failure of government by Bill
We are constantly told that RF spectrum is a valuable resource. Since this resource belongs to the people no part of it should be handed out to Mr Sun's croneys to use as they wish. What we need is six muxes with FTA channels occupying all available space. As time goes on and more DTT boxes are sold the platform will beome more attractive, and one by one further FTA channels will appear. If space...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 17th 04 05:54 PM
by Alick Go to last post
28 452