Post New Thread
BBC Drivel update. by Brian Gaff
Changes to the BBC Privacy and Cookies Policy Changes to the BBC Privacy and Cookies Policy Hello, We've made some changes to the BBC's Privacy and Cookies Policy. We've done this so that we can introduce new features, while protecting your data and
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 1st 17 09:09 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
15 150
Does the BBC allocate HD to different areas ? by Phi
I am streaming from the North East at the moment, but the picture looks slightly blurred. I switched to London but still there was no HD available there either, perhaps it was the low value of the programme.
November 30th 17 07:57 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
9 121
My5 awful to use by Clive Page[_4_]
We missed an episode of a series on Channel 5 so last night tried to use the "catch up" service called My5. It was just awful. It took a lot of hassle to get it started at all (accepting 3rd party cookies, disabling ad-blocking, etc). When we paused and resumed a couple of times it insisted on starting at the beginning of the programme again. Each time it started with a set of 5 adverts that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 23rd 17 10:16 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
25 220
overheard by Graham.[_12_]
On Sat, 18 Nov 2017 12:56:09 -0000, Terry Casey coalesced the vapors of human experience into a viable and meaningful comprehension... In article , says... "Huge" wrote in message ... On 2017-11-14, Ian Field...
November 22nd 17 10:22 PM
by Graham.[_12_] Go to last post
0 104
Analogue Video senders still in use by Brian Gaff
I was just poodling around the uhf tv band on my scanner the other day when I heard the unmistakable sound of analogue tv and fm sound. It was some foreign language film, sounded polish or something similar. At first I though it was real DX, but I think even Eastern Europe has now gone digital, so I monitored the sound and it eventually sort of changed to a UK channel, so I guess it was a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 17 02:53 PM
by NY Go to last post
47 309
Croydon by Bill Wright[_3_]
Anyone with local knowledge of TV reception in Bramley Hill area of south Croydon? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 22nd 17 02:39 PM
by JNugent[_4_] Go to last post
54 395
Buzzzzzzz by Brian Gaff
You know the other night I was just channel hopping to se what was actually around and happened on a channel called, according toy speech in the box called Blaze. a strange name for a channel and they had this very odd and rather naff documentary on about UFOs it sounded like the narrator was English but much of the interview footage was of American air retirees, and all the way through...
November 21st 17 11:45 AM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
4 107
And another thing. by Brian Gaff
How come a company which used to just do directory enquires for huge fees is now loaning money? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff... Blind user, so no pictures please!
November 16th 17 07:44 AM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
6 88
Any other complaints? by Brian Gaff
Bring them all on. 1 I top post, oh dear 2 I make grammar and spellink errors. Well pedant alert. 3. I've forgotten eht third thing. Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from... The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
November 14th 17 06:03 PM
by Brian Gaff Go to last post
0 113
Retune Day 30 November by Geoff Pearson
Talking Pictures TV is moving off the HD mux (at least I think that is what it says): We have some very exciting news. From the afternoon of Thursday 30th November, Talking Pictures TV will be available on Freeview NATIONWIDE to 90% of the Country! No Need for any special equipment – we will be on almost all your Freeview TVs . If you can currently watch Yesterday Channel on number 19 or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 9th 17 03:21 PM
by John Hall[_2_] Go to last post
37 485
95.05Mc/s by Bill Wright[_3_]
95.05Mc/s That was the frequency when Radio Leicester started fifty years ago, apparently. Why the half channel? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 17 01:50 PM
by Phil M[_2_] Go to last post
10 165
[OT] The Last Post by Pinnerite
I have just watched my recording of Sunday's broadcast of The Last Post.I think it ranks with the very best of British TV drama. I was completely gripped. Drama is what the BBC does best. -- Mageia 5.1 for x86_64, Kernel:4.4.82-desktop-1.mga5 KDE version 4.14.5 on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 9th 17 11:13 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
12 51
W7 Media Centre - does it still do anything? Netflix? by David[_14_]
I started off trying to find out how to view Netflix on a Raspberry Pi, which seems overly complicated until the next release of Kodi. So I thought I would try on a PC. First search results for Windows 7 said to use Media Centre. I followed the instructions but not much happened. I then tried the Microsoft download link but it wasn't there any more. Looking at the Netflix site for the...
November 7th 17 03:05 PM
by Robin[_8_] Go to last post
4 115
High pressure and Freeview by Brian Gaff
I noticed over the last few days, that vhf and uhf signals on my scanner are showing all the signs of tropo effects, ie well over the radio horizon reception as is often the case this time of year with temperature inversions common. However last night on the radio they put out a message from Freeview saying that the atmospherics had been causing lots of break up and badly pixelated TV. ...
November 5th 17 06:17 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
8 161
Terrible iPlayer response by Davey
Last night, I tried to watch Robot Wars on iPlayer using my Humax, but kept getting a 'Sorry, there is something wrong' message. Whatever I did, I could not make iPlayer work. I then tried get-iplayer on the PC, and it downloaded the programme, but at the speed of a lazy snail. I could almost count the bits being transferred. This morning, iPlayer is still useless. Like last night, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 5th 17 01:25 PM
by David[_14_] Go to last post
54 405
How many types of screens are there? by Brian Gaff
I was just wondering a person I know was asking me if I knew as almost every telly in the shops right now claims their screen is the best. Some use leds, some use lcds some use different methods of back lights some claim extra pixels of another colour to make pictures look more real and all sorts of other combinations. I suggested that get the one that looks the best for your budget. Check...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 4th 17 09:05 PM
by Vir Campestris Go to last post
44 404
Copying files from Humax PVR by Bob[_12_]
The PVR is a Humax PVR Fox T2 and there are a number of programmes on it that I wish to keep for posterity. I tried to copy them to a Seagate USB drive but whilst it 'saw' the drive it would not write the files to it as the format was 'not compatible'. The drive is Seagate is NTFS format and readable/writable through Windows and Linux OSs so what format do I need, please, to copy files to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 3rd 17 10:11 AM
by Scoob72 Go to last post
37 514
Problems with iPlayer/Handbrake/Humax by Davey
I am having trouble producing a subtitled version of a BBC programme, which works on my Humax HDR Fox T2, with Customised Firmaware. I download a file from the BBC, with subtitles, with get-iplayer. I then have two files, one an .mp4, the other an .srt. Fine. I then use Handbrake, the accepted programme to convert files, and it produces a file .m4v. This should work when copied to the PVR. But...
November 2nd 17 12:17 AM
by Davey Go to last post
0 119
Spanish language channels (URGENT!) by Bill Wright[_3_]
Does anyone have any info about Spanish satellite TV? What Free to Air and Free to View channels are there (roughly)? I'm getting conflicting info from some suppliers. In the case of Free to View how do you deal with the encryption? Bill
November 1st 17 04:54 PM
by Bill Wright[_3_] Go to last post
5 130
Central speaker, Dolby and HDMI by TonyGamble
I am using an HDMI splitter for my Firestick. With it I can send the video to my plasma panel and the audio to my surround sound av kit. I have a central speaker as a lot of dialogue goes there and it gets lost if one relies on the front left/right speakers. I have a NEET HDMI switcher and it produdes sound from that central speaker - as well as those at the sides and through the sub woofer. I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 1st 17 01:43 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
14 177