Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Problems with the Bush Freeview Box by Dee
Hi, I've purchased 4 Bush Digital Set Top boxes to get Digital TV (Freeview) when they were 40 in Argos Before that we had a Samsung Set Top box.
December 13th 03 12:15 PM
by one true yid Go to last post
1 4,608
Exotic HDMI cables - scam? by bugbear
I've been doing a little reading, whilst looking to buy my Blu-Ray player. It appears that as long as your HDMI cable is over a threshold (i.e. good enough), since the signal is digital, a better cable above-and-beyond this level (and price) offers no actual benefit. This view is supported by quite a lot of consumer tests in the US
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 16th 10 02:58 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
75 4,606
Polaroid (ASDA) TVs by AnthonyL
Anyone any experience of these Polaroid TVs? 50" Full HD Smart LED at 299. The old 28" is just too small especially for sports. Not bothered about internet connectivity as not fast enough broadband. -- AnthonyL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 17 08:10 AM
by Indy Jess John Go to last post
130 4,601
Sky reveals HDTV launch lineup by Robert McCall
As Posted on digitalspy.co.uk See Original Link http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds23757.html Sky's High Definition line-up includes a Sky Sports, Sky Box Office, two Sky movie screens and simulcast versions of Sky One and Artsworld. In addition Sky are in negotiations with other broadcasters interested in offering High Definition (HD) channels and Sky hope to announce those in the coming...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 3rd 05 05:09 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
270 4,588
Satellite dish acquires wrong "bird" by Graham.[_3_]
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/bird1.jpg Take a closer look, on top of the mount. http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/bird1.jpg Note to myself, I really must carry a decent camera on my travels. --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 22nd 09 11:57 AM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
222 4,582
Goodbye 700MHz (aka UHF Ch 48-60) by Mark Carver
http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/consultations/700MHz/statement/?utm_source=updates&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=700-mhz-statement -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 5th 14 06:30 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
176 4,557
A new problem by Bill Wright[_2_]
'Tenant says telly flashes blue when it should be off'. She was in her ninties, and had insomnia. She lives in one room in a care home. Every night at 3am the Hitachi switches from a red light to a green one and the screen flashes blue. "It's rather disturbing." I explained that the telly was downloading the EPG, and that it was quite normal. Quite why the screen flashes blue I don't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 20th 12 08:39 AM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
41 4,522
Virgin Media Box: Class Act by Mark Carver
Photographed this on my walk to work this morning:- http://www.markyboy.net/vmbox.jpg (850k) Last week, the daisy chained white cable ties were half way up the cabinet, holding the door closed, quelle surprise this morning it looks like this. Curiously the vandals haven't ripped the guts out (yet) I don't know who's the dimmest. The vandals, or Virgin Media for such a pathetically...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 16th 11 10:12 PM
by Graham.[_3_] Go to last post
141 4,506
Freeview TV guide magazine? by Dave Farrance
Which printed magazine is the best TV guide for Freeview? I find that making daily printouts from www.tvtv.co.uk is too time consuming, and printouts never use page space as efficiently as a printed magazine anyway. -- Dave Farrance
October 12th 05 05:48 PM
by Terry Go to last post
8 4,504
Sky News v BBC News by Bill Wright[_3_]
Sky had a still picture and a witness report of the M20 bridge collapse 25 minutes before the BBC showed anything. Sky also had video just a few minutes after the still picture. I wonder if people are now think of Sky rather than the BBC when they are a witness at a dramatic event. Hmm... Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 10th 16 01:11 PM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
222 4,504
Nokia Mediamaster 9850 T will not tune in after change over by malcolm
Nokia Mediamaster 9850 T This set came with the original ON Digital Service 1999and as worked fine up to now but will not pick any channels at all. Is it now obsolete or am I doing something wrong while trying to re install the programs all the other digiboxs work fine and the two digi tvs ok or have retuned ok
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 11 09:15 AM
by malcolm Go to last post
27 4,497
Sky to Launch Rival System to Freeview & Transmit HDTV by Steve
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1234697,00.html -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info DAB sounds worse than FM, Freeview, digital satellite, cable and broadband internet radio
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 17th 04 11:54 AM
by Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) Go to last post
254 4,495
Indoor television aerial by Mr Pounder Esquire
We have been given a Logic L22FEDWI2 television. The wife would like it in the bedroom, I wouldn't but that is a different matter. I was told it was not working, but it works fine. An indoor aerial will be needed. The last time I saw such an aerial it was one of those rabbits ears things. Google has blown my mind with these things! Do they just sit behind the telly and work, or do they plug...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 10th 16 09:05 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
200 4,477
Antiference: sometimes I dispair by Bill Wright
I have been an Antiference customer since 1970. That's 37 years of using their products through thick and thin. It's been a 'for better or worse' experience, but in general it's been pretty good. However the TC range was abolished after 30 years because Anti felt the need to comply with the requirements of the CAI benchmarking scheme. That meant that the Trumatch dipole had to go because it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 18th 08 08:54 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
87 4,474
BBC left/liberal/green bias in the last few days by [email protected]
Last night the BBC TV news had an item about the cuts in the education budget. The story was that the government had decided to cut millions of pounds from the last government's proposed education budget, but no mention was made of the fiscal reasons was given, so it sounded as if they'd done it for their own reasons. This item was illustrated by a series of shots showing abandoned school...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 17th 10 10:22 PM
by J G Miller[_3_] Go to last post
116 4,463
TV via fibre & copper by [email protected]
I am buying a new TV and anticipate using it with iplayer over the web. My inet supplier is talktalk. They are offering some very fast fibre based services now that BT has put fibre along our road. But I live down a long drive which means that the last leg of the service, about 80 metres will remain on copper. (no I don't want the drive dug up again). Will I get much improvement from the 6Meg...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 23rd 12 02:36 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
51 4,426
What's the best 40-42" TV by Dr Hfuhruhurr
I've got a budget of about 1k and I'd like to get a 40-42" TV. I'm not concerened whether its Plasma or LCD nor am I worried about what brand it is. Has anyone got a TV of this size, how much was it and why did you choose it? Currently I've got a 32" Philips 9525, Liteon DVD/HDD combo and Virgin Media box (both boxes are RGB) Also I use a Freecom Media player which is currently connected...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 23rd 07 09:02 AM
by Mal Franks Go to last post
17 4,370
New TV Recommendations by TheScullster
Hi all Following on from the "purple patch" post............ Yes, I know this is a frighteningly open-ended question, but where can I start looking for recommendations on new TVs? I have heard that the clarity of flat screens, particularly for fast moving images, can be poor. Alhough I'm quite sure that this screen type will be what SWMBO will be expecting! Any links to good recent reviews...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 11th 07 08:11 AM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
19 4,345
Future freeview channels? by The grey man.
On my receiver i only have 2 channels vacant, 15 & 22. That means once these two extra channels are filled that's it???? Can the existing chanels be divided into more ch's or something?
December 28th 03 02:16 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
6 4,340
Freeview HD recorders....when? by Legend-11[_2_]
I've presently got a 3 year old Panasonic DMR-EX75 HDD/DVD Recorder and wouldn't mind upgrading to something similar, but with HD Freeview. I was very surprised to see that Panasonic never had anything out yet that incorporates the new HD Freeview in the way of recorders. Is anyone making them yet? Preferably something with both HDD and DVD recording. If not, has anyone seen news of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 12th 10 11:20 PM
by Steve Terry[_2_] Go to last post
138 4,335