Post New Thread
ITV F1 Coverage! (another stunning performance) by :::Jerry::::
"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message ... snip Assuming that it must be shown on commercial TV then the only sensible way to do it is to insert ad breaks and pause the action so that nothing of note is missed.
April 26th 05 11:43 AM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
2 208
Cambridge Audio DVD53+RW? by Tim Mitchell
In article , Jim Lesurf writes In article , Jon Dennington wrote: Does anyone know whether the Cambridge Audio DVD53+RW (Richer Sounds) handle widescreen recording (especially in conjunction with an OnD Pace box)? I note it only handles "+" format...
April 26th 05 11:10 AM
by Tim Mitchell Go to last post
0 308
ITV F1 Coverage! (another stunning performance) by s--p--o--n--i--x
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 20:34:38 GMT, "harrogate2" wrote: Not ITV's fault. They broadcast a pacakage produced for all TV companies by F1 and THEY dictate where the ads come. Nope. ITV decide where the adverts come. sponix
April 26th 05 08:47 AM
by Sam Nelson Go to last post
1 176
ITV F1 Coverage! (another stunning performance) by s--p--o--n--i--x
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:18:43 +0100, Ross Lockley wrote: RTL Germany do it better - they reduce the pic down to about 25% size, and run the adverts in the rest. Then if something dramatic does happen, you dont miss it. Its not idea, but better than the bloody ITV shambles. And the ad breaks on RTL are generally at different times :-) So if you have your old Sky...
April 26th 05 08:46 AM
by s--p--o--n--i--x Go to last post
0 141
ITV F1 Coverage! (another stunning performance) by Sam Nelson
In article , "Ray Martin" writes: Extract from the Ofcom Programme Code: 5.1 Placing of Breaks Breaks within programmes may be taken only at a point where some interruption in continuity would, in any case, occur (even if there were no advertising) and such natural breaks must not damage the integrity or value ...
April 26th 05 08:40 AM
by Sam Nelson Go to last post
0 140
BBC1 Regional allocation in Dartford/within M25 by Nick
I was somewhat astonished to visit a friend of mine in Dartford, Kent DA2 7xx and see their Sky box had assigned "BBC S East" to channel 101! Certainly it wasn't like that the last I visited (some months ago). 103 is still set to "ITV1 London". To put things in perpective, Dartford is within the M25 and forms part of contiuous urban area of Greater London, adjoinging Bexley. Dartford has...
April 22nd 05 01:52 PM
by Michael Chare Go to last post
4 275
TV review sites? by [email protected]
My last TV was a Sony wega model (24"). Trinitron etc and now I'm moving and selling the TV to the new people I will another one. Is there any internet site, magazine or otherwise that reviews TV's and rates TV's in the same ways cars are reviewed? One possible model I thought about was the SONY KD-28DX200 which is about the kevel I want. Many thanks Sam
April 22nd 05 11:21 AM
by Woby Tide Go to last post
1 167
Telewest boxes by Stewart Smith
I just bought a basic cable package yesterday but the salesman couldn't tell me anything about the connections available on the DTV receiver. Can anyone tell me what connections the standard telewest boxes have, or point me towards a site with a picture of the unit? The manuals on telewests site only show you pictures of the remotes. All I really need out of it are two SCARTs at the...
April 22nd 05 09:41 AM
by Carl Waring Go to last post
8 250
Panasonic TU-CTH100 by Stargate4004
After numerous trips to my local Panasonic Centre I've finally actually SEEN one of these boxes! However, it had only just arrived and the shop owner knew little about it, only what he'd read in the brochure. Is there anyone out there who has actually bought one yet? I've emailed a few questions to Panasonic who haven't replied yet, so I wondered if anyone can answer the following: Does it...
April 22nd 05 09:13 AM
by Stargate4004 Go to last post
2 334
Teletext Cars has started by Max Demian
Freeview LCN 56 -- Max Demian
April 22nd 05 08:27 AM
by David Go to last post
4 200
ITV News back in S Yorks by Richard Watkinson
Just for information, the ITV News channel is back on the Sheffield Relay in S Yorks so is presumably back on Emily Moor and all her associated relays (sic). Also the Men & Motors 'test card' is on LCN 38 and the teletext cars channel is operational FWIW Slainte Richard Watkinson
April 22nd 05 08:27 AM
by David Go to last post
1 173
New Channel Found. by Donald McTrevor
Just got a message from my box saying new channel found, I don't want to save the retune cos it didn't mention it had found any radio stations. Anyone know what it might be?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 05 07:55 AM
by Paul Webster Go to last post
23 470
Different signal strengths on same transmittor. by Donald McTrevor
I get different signal strengths from the same transmittor on different muxes ranging from 53% down to 13% which is quite a large variation. They are all transmitted on the same power so why the variation? I have a broadband aerial I wonder is variations in gain for different frequencies. The middle channel is the best and the strength goes down steadily for the higher channels numbers, except...
April 22nd 05 06:15 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
7 217
what tv by Keith Hampson
I need help buying a new TV, I want a 32 inch widescreen, but don't know if I should go for a 50hz or 100hz set, what are the advantages and disadvantages of a 50 compared to 100, I have looked at both but could not tell a difference. I am looking for a Panasonic because they seem to get a good review all the time, is there a web site I can read independent reviews about TVs, can not seem to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 05 01:46 AM
by Donald McTrevor Go to last post
12 511
Best for 500 by Keith Hampson
I have 500 to spend on a 32 inch widescreen TV, which set should I go for, I have searched the net, found loads but none that have independent reviews, been suggested by my friend I should go for a Panasonic TX32PM11 or Phillips 32PW6518, where is the cheapest place to buy a TV on the net?, just want the best for my money, please help, also if anyone knows of any reviews of these sets on the net...
April 21st 05 11:42 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 181
what tv by Keith Hampson
I have 500 to spend on a 32 inch widescreen TV, which set should I go for, I have searched the net, found loads but none that have independent reviews, been suggested by my friend I should go for a Panasonic TX32PM11 or Phillips 32PW6518, where is the cheapest place to buy a TV on the net?, just want the best for my money, please help, also if anyone knows of any reviews of these sets on the net...
April 21st 05 11:17 PM
by Keith Hampson Go to last post
0 161
Web site required (fixing an outside aerial) by soup
Hi all Loft aerial we have works and recieves a digital signal but have decided that an external aerial may be the way to go (if putting one out is not to difficult ) this will be a DIY job if and when I ever get around to it. Aerial will be fixed to chimney, this stack is located on a fairly steeply pitched roof two stories high, as it is a terraced house soffit fitting is not an option. Is...
April 21st 05 11:12 PM
by - Go to last post
7 233
'More Freeview "Slots" Up for Grabs' by DAB sounds worse than FM
Some unconfirmed source has told the MediaGuardian (see article pasted below) that there may be 2 more "slots" available on the Crown Castle muxes. That would result in 4 more TV channels (including the new ITV channel and the new C4 channel) going on the Crown Castle-owned Muxes C and D. At the moment, there's the following services: Mux C:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 05 09:26 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
19 494
What does my Pace Twin have against Enterprise? by Colin Stamp
Hi all, Ok, so it's not the most reliable thing I've ever owned, but it does work more often than not. That is, until I try to play back recordings of Enterprise from channel 4 on Sundays - then it always falls over in exactly the same way at least once (normally two or three times) whilst playing the file. It happens when the screen goes to black as a normal part of the show e.g. at the end of...
April 21st 05 09:06 PM
by Simon Slavin Go to last post
8 247
Men and motors by 6876
Men and Motors appeared last night on Sutton Coldfield(38) Great!!
April 21st 05 08:29 PM
by Another Dave Go to last post
1 184
Post New Thread