Post New Thread
Nebula and WinDVR, problems by James
Hi, I have just installed WinDVR and it seems that there is a problem with the nebula with this program. Setting up the capture device as nebvideo causes a crash that then stops WinDVR from ever starting up again : - ( Anyone know why this is happening? I think there is a message that mentions overlay, but it disappears too fast to read it. Re-installing WinDVR cures the problem until I...
November 15th 03 12:47 PM
by James Go to last post
0 152
DVD/CD specs by ferret
Hi All, I'm trying to find a site that explains the differences between DVD/CD formats and specifications, i.e, DVD -RW, DVD +RW etc. Any help gratefully received. TIA Ferret.
November 15th 03 01:00 PM
by ferret Go to last post
2 219
Showshifter DVB by Jaime
Hopefully showshifter won't mind me posting this short review of their DVB beta (the license agreement doesnt seem to mention any nda). Firstly the beta is only avaliable at present to those invited by email to take part. Using a nebula digitv card, some initial impressions: o Install
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 03 01:50 PM
by Default Go to last post
11 496
Aver DVB-T playback jumpy by NealUK
I have one of the above PCI cards in my computer. When i was running Win98SE it ran fine, and recorded fine. I have since upgraded to Windows 2000 (and upgraded the driver), and the live playback is somewhat jumpy. If i video something, and then play it back, it plays back as normal (ie not jumpy) I have an XP1800+ processor, so it should be ok. Is it the fact that it is having to decode and...
November 15th 03 02:35 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
1 150
Widescreen ON Sky with Freeview by SG
Hi all, I've just got Freeview set up and was wondering if all's well. When receiving a signal from the BBC the picture automatically adjusts to Widescreen. However if I go to the Sky Sports News the picture seems to revert to a square box! Does this mean that Sky does not send out widescreen pictures? Cheers Sam
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 03 02:50 PM
by superyido Go to last post
17 395
Uncle Rupert & Uncle Sam by R. Mark Clayton
Rupert Murdoch was interviewed on the news today over threats that the Sun "newspaper" might back the Tories in the next UK General Election. Much of what was said was a matter of opinion, however Rupert seemed to lose the plot a bit over Europe. After praising Blair over his support for Bush he said that he was worried about "OUR" country's government becoming bound by the EU...
November 15th 03 03:19 PM
by madge Go to last post
3 306
new tv-web network launches next week by Jeff Eddery
The full details he www.xviper.com
November 15th 03 06:47 PM
by Peter G Sheppard Go to last post
3 247
Please help! Sony VTX-D500U manual needed! by Kazzy
Hello to one and all, Could SKS please help me - I'm in direct need of the setup manual for the Sony VTX-D500U - I've searched the net to no avail. All the best, Kazzy
November 15th 03 07:33 PM
by Kazzy Go to last post
0 321
Channel 14 by The Fat Man
Channel 14 info now showin Price-Drop.tv (Channel 4 ) on my Pace box.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 15th 03 09:38 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
31 1,191
freeview newbie by Trevor Wright
I understand that this is a tech news group. I'm thinking of getting Freeview and have various newby questions (can I have analogue as well, how do they work together, can I record analogue while watching digital, what about other TV sets in the house, etc). Could any kind soul direct me to a newsgroup or web site with any such guide? Sorry for taking up your time. -- Trevor Wright
November 15th 03 09:57 PM
by Trevor Wright Go to last post
7 340
Setpal - no sound on UHF by Terry Eden
Title says it all - I don't get any sound through the RF loopthough on my Daewoo Setpal. Sounds comes through fine on Scart. Any ideas what might be causing this? The TV is tuned to the same UHF channel as the Setpal. T
November 16th 03 08:01 AM
by Terry Eden Go to last post
6 250
Happy brithday Ondigital, ITVDigital and now Freeview by Alan Haines
I would like to say happy birthday to great digital TV idea that started on 15/11/98 This was a great day for the UK The idea was great but with too many groups to deal with for company. It had to deal with very low set power on all it's channels set by people that had no idea what a big of put this would make the new digital company. Ondigital also had to deal with the BBC ITV3&4 & SDN as...
November 16th 03 08:09 AM
by QrizB Go to last post
3 226
Which Digital TV Card should I get? by Geoff
I'm looking to buy a digital tv card for my pc, but not sure which way to go, I have either Nebula, Hauppage, and Avermedia WinDVB-T in mind. Which is the best card really? Geoff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 03 09:18 AM
by Peter Go to last post
16 596
EPG with PVR Videobrowser by Bryan Jones
It has been mentioned, with a low-key fanfare that Daewoo have launched a VHS machine with built in DTT tuner. Probably more significant than we yet realise! The device is called an iDVCR (the 'i' standing for interactive and not integrated, as in IDTV) . It is the first product to market to use the 4TV data for EPG and Videobrowser! There has been much speculation about the 'Channel 704' on...
November 16th 03 11:25 AM
by Bryan Jones Go to last post
0 174
Phillips Freeview Box 50 by Mark
Boots are currently offering this box for 49.99 if you spend 50 in store. RRP 100 Just thought it might be useful for someone, If your planning on buying presents etc http://www.boots.com/index.jsp
November 16th 03 01:42 PM
by Alien Zord Go to last post
3 2,691
Freeview 'Fourtext' (Ch 50) relaunch by Jamie
Channel 4 text on Freeview on Channel 50 is now showing a 'Teletext on 4 - Coming Soon' message. However, by inputting Green, Blue, Yellow, Red, Yellow, Green and Text, you can get access to the full service. First impressions are impressive including the novel idea of numbers for pages. :-)
November 16th 03 02:23 PM
by david abbot Go to last post
6 308
Radio amateurs are bad news by Kwikrigga
My least favorite customers are the radio hams. They ring up saying they want an aerial fixed up, which sounds promising, then it turns out its a great big HF beam weighing half a ton, with a rotator as well. All you can do is tell them how much the parts will cost and how much you will charge per hour, and thats when they get stroppy. They seem to think I am quite happy to spend half a day...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 16th 03 03:26 PM
by Ben Franklin Go to last post
21 613
analogue signals on channel 14 by Bill
Not than damn fool thing on DTT - this is much more interesting! Just as religiomanics have been known to read the bible from cover to cover, I am at present working my way through a vast archive of Practical Televisions, dating from the Middle Ages to the Thatcher Years of blessed memory (calm down lads, that was a joke). In May 1967 an item by a Mr Keith Chaplin included a table of TV channels...
November 16th 03 04:19 PM
by Ted Richardson Go to last post
5 375
audio glitches with Pace DTTV .. by Alex Quant
I have one of those mini Pace DTTV boxes and have noticed, since the recent firmware update, minor audio glitches. I can describe them as audio wobbles or speed-ups which last for a fraction of a second. They don't occur often and I can't determine the frequency, but they can be a bit irritating. I've no problem with reception, as far as I can tell, and I didn't notice them before the update...
November 16th 03 09:43 PM
by Alex Quant Go to last post
0 162
Sony VTX-D500U help! by Kazzy
Can anyone guide me in the right direction to find the set up instructions for the Sony VTX-D500U set top box please? Desperately yours, Kazzy!
November 16th 03 09:53 PM
by Aztech Go to last post
3 463
Post New Thread