Post New Thread
NO SIGNALs on Technosonic PVR - return the box? by John
I realise there is also a group uk.tech.tv.video.pvr. but this one has more traffic. For Christmas we got one of those Technosonic PVR 101s that Aldi were selling; last week we set it up. It's a quantum leap for us: marvellous facilities ... if only they all worked. We have had a digital receiver for several years (we had ITV-Digital and
January 11th 06 01:26 PM
by John Go to last post
3 271
Setanta Sports by Agamemnon
It that a new Freeview channel at 57 or a Tits-Up channel ?
January 11th 06 12:00 PM
by PGG Go to last post
5 226
Why ITV satellite Transmission different to others? by David
Playing around with a NON- Sky digital satellite reeiver into my w/s TV. The FTA stations doing w/s switch my TV to w/s and are ok. This covers BBC, Sky News, and European broadcasters on Astra 1 and 2 and Hotbirds. BUT not ITV. ITV switches the TV to w/s but pictures are squeezed at the left and this leaves a very broad band on the right hand side. Will ITV be aware of this and will they...
January 11th 06 09:37 AM
by Broadback Go to last post
7 222
plasma TV by Sandi
Is there a ng for plasma and/or LCD TV's? Or a forum? googled but first few pages just bring up the inevitable pricerunner/kelkoo crap. -- There are only 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
January 11th 06 09:27 AM
by Sean Black Go to last post
1 164
Best 37" LCD TV's?!? by davout
Anybody like to offer some opinions on the best 37" LCD TV's? My own searches would suggest that the Sharp LC-37GD7E and JVC LT-37DSC lead the pack. Thoughts?
January 11th 06 08:22 AM
by WCZ Go to last post
4 189
Mounting brackets for LCD (non vesa) ???? by mj
Hi, future father in law is getting a Goodmans 26" for his bedroom - he wants it wall mounted but the non-vesa brackets I have seen are either just too short or really big and expensive. Anyone got some links on decent priced mounts , looking at the box (in the shop) the mounts appear about ~ 15" *6" Tia
January 11th 06 07:33 AM
by Informer Go to last post
3 201
Shipping Costs of TVs (Tongue in cheek) by john
A significant proportion of the cost of a TV must be in shipping it half way around the world. If you think how many CRT versus LCD TVs will fit into a packing crate / container then I would suggest that LCD is bound to win in a very short time and as new production plants get going I believe the CRT will quickly become a curiosity. Remember the Smash Mashed Potato Aliens? - "Ha Ha Ha! So...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 11th 06 06:44 AM
by Nobody Here Go to last post
19 412
Missive by [email protected]
FRIEND, As are you, Brandon and www.ChezBrandon.com are intelligent and awesome. May you have an awesome day. A succinct warning: Elements of the Mossad, sated with cash from the murderous and destructive narcotics trade -- for example, according to Reader's Digest, cocaine alone costs US businesses, and stockholders and employees, $30+ billion per year (!) -- are using some medical, pharmacy,...
January 11th 06 12:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 150
Lost a few channels recently by Brian
"Andy Social" wrote in message ... Had a freeview box for last 6 months. The other day after a rescan I found I've lost a few channels - C5, ABC, QVC, BidTV and all radio stations except the BBC ones. Although I have managed to gain Setanta Sports?! We have a loft aerial and although we dont get all channels,...
January 10th 06 09:27 PM
by Brian Go to last post
0 172
HELP: Humax PVR 8000T questions by [email protected]
Hi, I got a HUMAX PVR 8000T (40Gb model) in the sales the other day. I like it. But I have a few questions regarding its behaviour: 1. The "7 day" EPG worked well for the first week or so, but now shows blanks for all but the BBC channels. How and when does this EPG update - do I need to leave the box on overnight on a certain channel or
January 10th 06 09:26 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
3 250
Lost a few channels recently by Emperor's New Widescreen
"Andy Social" wrote in message ... Had a freeview box for last 6 months. The other day after a rescan I found I've lost a few channels - C5, ABC, QVC, BidTV and all radio stations except the BBC ones. Although I have managed to gain Setanta Sports?! I would advise you to be very careful when you do a rescan, only...
January 10th 06 09:11 PM
by Emperor's New Widescreen Go to last post
0 138
How close should a Masthead Amp be? by john
As there is some co-ax between the aerial and the Masthead Amp, I am interested to know what the general advice is. It would be easier for me if I could have my masthead amp in the loft rather than outside requiring me to go up a ladder. Can I break into the co-ax approx 6 feet from the aerial without ill effects? -- --
January 10th 06 05:17 PM
by Usenet Go to last post
8 220
HELP Terrestrial-TV vs. Digital-TV by KevinGPO
This article relates/refers to UK TV broadcasting. Does anyone know where I can find out more information about Terrestrial-TV for the UK? I hear rumours that 'they' are going to cut-off Terrestrial-TV broadcasting and that means everyone can only watch TV through Digital-TV (FreeView), Cable or Sky. When exactly is this cut-off date for Terrestrial-TV? I really don't watch TV much, I just use...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 10th 06 02:36 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
25 538
Lost a few channels recently by Jim
Andy Social wrote: Had a freeview box for last 6 months. The other day after a rescan I found I've lost a few channels - C5, ABC, QVC, BidTV and all radio stations except the BBC ones. Although I have managed to gain Setanta Sports?! We have a loft aerial and although we dont get all channels, not had any problems apart from bad weather. The signal originates from Sutton ...
January 10th 06 10:53 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 163
Basic difference bet a £30 freeview box and a £60 one? by Lordy
Apart from build quality are there any noticable picture quality differences between your average £30 box and a £60 one? Lordy
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 10th 06 09:00 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
59 1,208
DVB-C Question by Paul
My TV has an integrated DVB tuner, does anyone know if it may be possible to use this to display just the un-encrypted channels from an NTL digital cable feed (without doing it via the STB)? Also, does anyone know if it is possible to get NTL to supply a suitable Common interface module that might mean I don't have to use a STB at all, couldn't see any such options on their sales blurb. Paul
January 10th 06 08:52 AM
by Paul Go to last post
2 198
How many channels can I realistically expect to recieve on a Digi Box by Tony Mason
Hopefully not as daft a question as it sounds. I plan to purchase a dig box to recieve certain channels (e.g ITV4) but I know someone livin locally to me who has experienced difficulty in recieving suc channels but recieves others OK. Is this a common problem and is ther a marked intolerance to signal streingth. Also would a bog standar Argos type signal booster help -- Tony Mason
January 10th 06 08:01 AM
by André Coutanche Go to last post
2 152
Lost a few channels recently by housetrained
first try a re-scan in the morning. If it don't work try again at a different time. If it's still no good, upgrade as John Porcella suggests. -- John the West Ham fan "Andy Social" wrote in message ... Had a freeview box for last 6 months.
January 10th 06 07:10 AM
by housetrained Go to last post
0 174
Pioneer DBR-TF100 channel-63 interference by Fuzzball
Has anyone seen this? I've got a Pioneer DBR-TF100 freeview box, and it's working fine, except that it seems to throw up interference onto channel 63 (which is BBC2 on the analogue antenna). If I turn off the Freeview box, then BBC2 picture is fine again. The Freeview box is broadcasting it's UHF signal somehere down near the 30s or 40s, so it can't be signal interference due to this. I could...
January 10th 06 04:02 AM
by charles Go to last post
4 248
Lost a few channels recently by John Porcella
"Andy Social" wrote in message ... Had a freeview box for last 6 months. The other day after a rescan I found I've lost a few channels - C5, ABC, QVC, BidTV and all radio stations except the BBC ones. Although I have managed to gain Setanta Sports?! We have a loft aerial and although we dont get all channels,...
January 10th 06 01:43 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
0 160
Post New Thread