Post New Thread
Freeview reception problems by Andy Hoe
Hello, I was just wondering if any one else has been having the same problem as me with Freeview reception from Rowridge? I live in Poole and although according to postcode checkers I shouldn't be able to receive Freeview, I thought I'd give it a go and with a cheap booster plugged into the aerial socket have been receiving it fine for a good six months. All of a sudden a couple of weeks ago my...
January 13th 06 01:34 PM
by Andy Hoe Go to last post
0 216
Top Up TV by Gutz
Decided to give this a whirl, anyone know what the plans are for it in future? Like is the channel selection gonna get progressively bigger?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 06 01:01 PM
by PGG Go to last post
11 429
Silvercest/Comag SL65 by David
Noticed several of these fta satellite recievers said to be new but maybe second owner. Are they from Lidl or such how much were they there? Any web site giveing reviews? Not after a rolls royce a cheapy that works will suit my purpose. Ads. say they can be 'patched to get some encded stations', can I read about this anywhere, is it easy to do? thanks David
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 13th 06 09:43 AM
by Jim Watt Go to last post
42 2,406
Problem with just one TV channel by r_mervart
I have tried uk.tech.tv.video.pvr first but there is not much traffic so hope to find some more responses here Set-up: Analog TV connected in a standard way (via VHS video recorder rf loop). New wideband aerial, passive splitter to two TV points,one of them connected to this TV the other to Freeview box and TV. This has started to happen recently: When I first switch on TV, all channels...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 06 09:42 AM
by r_mervart Go to last post
15 345
JVC DR-MV(1|5)s by Chris Bacon
I'm still after either a unit with a VHS recorder and a DVD recorder in it, or possibly separate units if this is sensible (transferring VHS to DVD required). I was looking at the JVC DR-MV1. This seems to have a number of issues. Someone mentioned that a "DR-MV5" is available, and should be reliable. What's the difference?
January 13th 06 08:01 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
1 209
New Plasma TV - Scart Recommendations? by Centurion
Hi I'm just about to get a new Hitachi 6600 Plasma and I want to connect it to my LG DVD and Sky+ box. Can anyone recommend some what kind of cables (Scart) I should get for the best quality picture? Is RGB the way to go and would I need extra audio cables? Ta
January 13th 06 12:51 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
1 147
Boots advantage card security by [email protected]
Some 4 months ago, I started a thread discussing the security arrangements of the Boots Advantage card which uses a smartcard. The latest is that until last month, you could put any name to any address & the card would arrive. Since December, you need to be on the electoral roll to recieve a card (I rang and asked why my new(est) card hadn't arrived. If the thing is so secure, why spend even MORE...
January 12th 06 10:56 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
6 277
Freeview on a boat by Allan Jones
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this question has been asked a million times before. I want to use Freeview while I'm travelling the canals on my boat. Most of the time I expect that the signal strength will be quite weak (this is certainly the case with the analogue signals) because I like to stop in quiet places well away from the towns. My question is, do any of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 06 10:27 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
12 1,693
Any Bush 6690Ds Locking Up ? by Steve Webb
I've had a moan at the BBC about my Bush 6690D idtv locking up occasionally when tuned to digital BBC channels, as are a lot of old digiboxes, and got this as part of a reply :- "The BBC is endeavouring to resolve an issue which affects old ONDigital set top boxes which lock up when changing from one BBC channel to another. We are not aware that this affects Bush IDTV's in this way, and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 06 08:43 PM
by David Go to last post
13 479
Test by Keith Williamson
testing
January 12th 06 08:00 PM
by Scott Go to last post
1 210
Wrong data on VCR and DVD recorder by Richard Tobin
Our Panasonic VCR and DVD recorder both believe that it's the 8th of January, and still believe this after being told to reset the date. Is someone broadcasting it wrong, or is there a bug in Panasonic's firmware? -- Richard
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 06 07:12 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
28 616
Declining bitrate on Sky digital channels? by Ed
Is it me or are some of the channels getting poorer and poorer quality? Channels like VH1 show serious digital artefacts such as pixellation and blocking, whereas Skysports never seems to show anything other than the clearest picture.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 06 03:26 PM
by Doz Go to last post
15 501
Flash new firmware on an DVB-T Loewe upgrade kit by TECSIS
I own a LOEWE ACONDA with DVB-T(errestrial) upgrade kit mounted on it, (integrated) , the DVB-T firmware version is 2.1 Does any one know how could I upgrade the firmware of the itegrated Loewe DVB-T tuner? I have tryed to upgrade by getting to the STB Loewe channel in ASTRA, via an external STB, but it seems that it is only ment for the DVB-S(atellite) upgrade kit.
January 12th 06 02:06 PM
by TECSIS Go to last post
0 327
Use of term Freeview by Matti Lamprhey
I see that Radio Times labels channels such as UK Bright Ideas as Freeview channels. It seems misleading to use the term for channels you have to pay for. What do you reckon? Matti
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 06 02:02 PM
by PeterW Go to last post
26 655
Humax 17 inch DTT/Analogue LCD TV by Zach
Hi, Anyone else had similar problems to that desribed below?? Purchased a LGB-17DTTV before X-Mass and it hasn't worked correctly. (399) Powering it via the remote causes a 'No Signal' to appear, after the loader has finished. The No Signal just stays there. Analogue channels work OK in this state. Only on the second re-powering does the DTT channels appear. Even the second
January 12th 06 01:26 PM
by Zach Go to last post
2 232
A few thoughts about labour rates and Mr Dot by Bill Wright
From: "Bill Wright" Subject: A few points about labour rates and Mr Dot Thanks to everyone who has responded to Mr Dot's criticisms. He seems to be in a minority of one.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 12th 06 09:40 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
28 653
Spot the Difference by Aztech
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4598412.stm http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shropshire/4559173.stm
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 12th 06 12:32 AM
by Mr Guest Go to last post
11 377
Freeview box with 2 RGB Scarts by Lordy
It seems like every Freeview box with two scarts has the 'video' one as composite only which is a PITA now that more people are getting DVD Recorders. Is there any a) with Two RGB Scarts b) (optional) that sends the 'switch' signal to BOTH scarts - for unattended recording. Sounds like the money is better spent on a twin-receiver PVR though....
January 11th 06 10:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 207
Loft aerial for digital reception by Rick Bowlby
(I realise the sort of question has been asked many times previously, but I'm not sure if I understand the principles) I live in south Manchester, 15 miles from winter Hill and 12 miles from Saddleworth transmitters. I have an existing external aerial with OK reception on both digital and analogue, but the connecting cable is just draped down the side of the house, through a hole in a window...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 06 08:30 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
59 1,191
Noobie LCD TV question.. by the_niner_nation
Ok, I don't know if this is an urban myth or not... but is it possible to do long term harm/ decrease longetivity to an LCD tv if you have the contrast and brightness up constantly at very high levels? The monkeys in Curry's refuse to give me a straight answer, the only thing they can manage for any question i ask is ' they all share the same ariel, thats why the picture image is poor' ad...
January 11th 06 07:39 PM
by Alan White Go to last post
4 208
Post New Thread