Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Freeview signal quality all over the place by WCZ[_3_]
For about the last week or so I've been getting picture breakup and pops and squawks on Freeview. I've not checked all channels but the first dozen or so in the EPG have the same problem. As I was getting fed up with it last night I thought I'd have a poke around in the tele menus (Panny PZ80) and found the signal strength screen. Strength was 100% but the quality was fluctuating wildly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 2nd 12 03:16 AM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
14 4,887
Even M&S are at it by [email protected]
This is not just an HDMI cable. This is a Marks and Spencer HDMI cable. http://www.marksandspencer.com/Monster-Cable-1200EX-Ultimate-High-Speed/dp/B004506UR8?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_3&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-3&qid=1325763668&pf_rd_r=1S5FS6QSYA1YKGYD927J&pf_rd_m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=215485807&pf_rd_s=center-3
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 15th 12 08:17 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
97 4,884
Aerial db gain by Geoff Lane
My understanding of TV aerial workings is low. Reading about aerial theory on http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/dat45.htm it indicates that a normal TV antenna has a gain of around 12db and then goes on to say that a gain of 3db is effectively a doubling of signal. Looking at the Argos catalogue I noticed two Philips TV aerials that apparently give a gain of up to 40db. This is 8x3db increases...
April 4th 05 05:51 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
8 4,870
Distance from Transmitter and Quality by Geoff Lane
On the wolfbane site ( http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? ) my daughter's address shows as 4 miles from the Hemel Hempstead transmitter. The layout of her house allows an indoor aerial to be placed by a window with virtually a direct line of sight to the transmitter and as she is on high ground no obvious obstructions. She is able to receive freeview channels but some are eratic;...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 10th 05 06:07 PM
by - Go to last post
45 4,858
Have they run out of valves? by Bill Wright[_2_]
No signal on 198kHz. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 21st 12 01:41 PM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
132 4,834
Bush Freesat upgrade by Ivan
I switched on my Bush Freesat HD receiver this evening to be greeted with a message "Your Freesat receiver is downloading new system software do not switch off the receiver" a 10 minute wait and another another message declares "The receiver is updating and will reboot in approximately 3 minutes" it then tells me that "The new software has been installed successfully", switch back to footie...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 1st 10 12:35 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
10 4,825
"BBC considers archive fees for viewers" -- the inevitable march toPPV by J G Miller[_3_]
In the quest to Deliver Quality First, the management of the BBC have made public the option that viewers should be required to pay in order to access archive material. With the slow death of linear TV, this could be the start of BBC pay-per-view that the Conservative and Unionist Party of Great Britain has been proposing that the BBC should adopt for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 25th 12 10:21 AM
by Rick[_10_] Go to last post
249 4,784
BBC Trust may not allow HD on Freeview! by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/broadcastnowArticle.aspx?intStoryID=171339 "Chris Woolard, head of finance, economics and strategy of the BBC Trust unit, said: "It is a consumer issue. The BBC could launch a four hour overnight service straight away and people will go out and buy an HD box. The danger is that following switchover the technology will become redundant in a digital box depending...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 25th 07 09:34 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
248 4,761
TV in Tripoli by Bill Wright[_2_]
How come the local TV has gone off? Have the rebels bombed it, or did NATO somehow disable it? Gaddaffi's son says that NATO used 'electronic warfare'. Does anyone know what the normal set-up for terrestrial TV is in that part of the world? Channels, bands, etc? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 18th 11 09:58 PM
by Martin[_2_] Go to last post
334 4,730
BBC4 HD by Roderick Stewart[_3_]
Just been prompted to do an "add new channels" on Winter Hill Freeview, and found "This is BBC4 HD" on 106, starting soon. So we might get to see some of Borgen in HD, and next year's Proms should look good. Rod.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 3rd 13 06:35 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
58 4,726
80 kbps mono by Stephen
Thanks for the information. I am still totally bemused by all this. I can remember when BBC television was on Band I and ITA was on Band III. As far as I can remember, Band I contained channels 1 to 5 and Band III contained channels 6 to 13. AIUI each TV channel is divided into four DAB multiplexes. On this basis, Band III has capacity for a total of 32 multiplexes. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 20th 13 08:45 AM
by John Legon Go to last post
201 4,712
Coaxial plugs. How do I stop them falling out? by Marky P
I find co-ax plugs are quite loose. All the conections to my 4 way splitter are loose, and any other point where cable joins together using coax plugs are loose! I know there are better connectors available, but can anything be done to make coax plus fit tighter? Marky P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 17th 05 07:02 PM
by Bill Go to last post
35 4,704
Sainsbury's RED brand by Woody[_4_]
Anyone know for certain who makes these sets? I was looking at a 26" HDI ready TV (not that I need it) in the local branch this evening and in most respects it was showing a better picture than a nearby Sony 26U3000. What is more the 'RED' was only 199. Constructive thoughts welcome.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 25th 09 06:06 PM
by Scott Go to last post
23 4,698
Television X PID's by joefish
On 09 Oct 2006, strax wrote in : Seeing as Red Hot TV has closed down on Freeview, does anyone have the PID's for Television X. This is for educational purposes only of course Video = 5377
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 28th 06 11:30 PM
by Welshman Go to last post
23 4,695
TV displays in shops by Bill Wright[_2_]
I was in a branch of a large supermarket chain the other day and I looked at the display of tellys. All looked bright and cheerful, at first glance. They were all fed by HDMI and were all showing the same programme in glorious HD. But at one end of the display were three Samsungs mounted one above the other. The pictures were dull and had low contrast. On close examination it became obvious...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 6th 12 11:53 AM
by Mark[_7_] Go to last post
32 4,682
Humax Digital TV LGB-17DTTV problems by Malcolm H
I would very much appreciate comments from anybody with relevant experience regarding the problem detailed below with two new Humax Digital TV sets model LGB-17DTTV. The first set was purchased on 30 December 2005 from Curries, after the problem was experienced it was returned to Curries for replacement on 4 January 2006. The second set exhibits exactly the same problem, so presumably the fault...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 06 11:10 AM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
25 4,665
'Hollywood in screen battle with BBC' by aa
Warner Bros, Universal and 20th Century Fox have called in their lawyers to sort out a dispute that has arisen from the BBC's decision to broadcast its channels unencrypted: the studios are concerned that their films can now be picked up in countries around Europe in which the corporation does not own the relevant rights. More from Media...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 17th 03 11:13 PM
by Jonathan Buzzard Go to last post
155 4,635
Chavs and plasmas by Professor Yaffle
Whilst plasma screens were initially bought by home cinema enthusiasts, they are now multiplying into chav homes. I cant recall which two programmes I noticed this on over the weekend - I was surfing in some adverts - but there were two houses where in one, the kitchen had sockets hanging off the wall and in another there was no carpet or wallpaper, yet both had immense plasma screens in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 6th 05 09:17 PM
by Donald McTrevor Go to last post
196 4,589
Exotic HDMI cables - scam? by bugbear
I've been doing a little reading, whilst looking to buy my Blu-Ray player. It appears that as long as your HDMI cable is over a threshold (i.e. good enough), since the signal is digital, a better cable above-and-beyond this level (and price) offers no actual benefit. This view is supported by quite a lot of consumer tests in the US
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 16th 10 02:58 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
75 4,588
Problems with the Bush Freeview Box by Dee
Hi, I've purchased 4 Bush Digital Set Top boxes to get Digital TV (Freeview) when they were 40 in Argos Before that we had a Samsung Set Top box.
December 13th 03 12:15 PM
by one true yid Go to last post
1 4,587
Post New Thread