Post New Thread
Gold plated masthead amplifiers by Bill Wright
Yes really! The new Vision range has gold connectors! Still, I suppose if they sell to thick customers they'll sell to thick aerial riggers. Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 21st 06 07:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
20 440
Toshiba 32ZP18Q lock ups by [email protected]
I own a Toshiba 32ZP18Q CRT widescreen TV which I bought new approximanately 3.5 years ago. It was purchased due to exceptional reviews and has lived up to expectations. I have a Sky digital receiver and a Toshiba DVD player connected to it, the Sky box via scart and the DVD via component video inputs. The TV has recently started to lock up a short period of time (usually 10 minutes or...
January 21st 06 03:36 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 276
DS608P Problem - No Channels by Peter Hemmings
I think my box has just given up! It seems to work, ie it scans and slows around the Wenvoe transmitter frequency but reports not channels. Checked Ariel on analogue TY and it receives Wenvoe OK (also checked BBC list, which gave no outages). Took the box apart and checked connections OK, put it back and still faulty.
January 21st 06 02:34 PM
by Peter Hemmings Go to last post
2 374
Thomson DTH8060E DVD Recorder with HDMI output by Hiro
Was loitering around the Thomson site and came across this http://www.thomson-europe.com/pdf/en/DTH8060E.pdf seems like a nice box...will probably cost a pretty penny... however, was wondering about the "NAVICLICK TV program guide on-screen with one-touch-recording Disc library" feature... Any ideas what it may be? the box is not a dtt or satellite tuner so
January 21st 06 09:00 AM
by Adrian Go to last post
9 250
Topfield TF5800 ventilation by Phil Pickard
I am seriously thinking of getting one of these (as opposed to the Humax 9200). But I read somewhere about a ventilation problem with the 'Toppy'. I would appreciate any advice on this. Phil.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 06 02:42 AM
by Netmask Go to last post
16 442
Signal out from a Digital TV? by John Smith
I'm asking this for a friend so I don't have all the details to hand. He has a Philips Digital TV (less than 12 months old) and would like to record Freeview programmes to VCR or DVD recorder. Would there be an output signal on either of the TV's SCART sockets? Thanks for any info. John Smith.
January 20th 06 11:37 PM
by Jim Go to last post
3 161
LyngSat Web site wrong?? by Steve
Adrian A kindly pointed me to http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html in reply to my query titled "Help for satellite (NOT Sky) newbie". I've done a comprehensive comparison between what my box receives on a per-channel basis, and what it says on the Web site. Either my box is lying, or the Web site is seriously wrong (or out of date, more likely). Take a look for yourself. For example, the web...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 20th 06 11:17 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
22 662
Massive audio loss when recording from sky? by Paul Heslop
I just wanted to ask this out of curiosity. I had noticed some time ago when watching one of those Top 100 celebrity buttmunch Things They Did which are Stupid programs on a sat channel that the sound died, completely. I kept checking back and after a very long time a message came up to say the sound was faulty. Anyway, some time over the Christmas period there was a series of Catherine Cookson...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 06 06:47 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
14 382
AV Senders by Tim Rogers
Thinking of buying one of these AV senders that you plug into your Sky or Freeview box and it'll transmit a wireless signal to a receiver in another room. Anybody here have any recommendations and do these things work? cheers, Tim
January 20th 06 06:32 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
9 240
Recall on Bush DTT adaptor? by Bill Wright
My customer bought two of those little DTT receivers that are built onto a scart plug. All was well at first but after a week both declared 'no signal' on BBC1 only. A retune gave 'no channels found' but in fact all channels would then be present incl. BBC1 -- but not for long. Both units ran very hot. On contacting John Lewis the customer was told that all these units had been recalled "due...
January 20th 06 05:35 PM
by John Cartmell Go to last post
2 175
How best to reply to this enquiry? by Bill Wright
Today I received the following email: TO CHENNIE FIVE I AM AM EMILING YOU ABOUT A SOAP PROGRIM SO CAN YOU TELL ME WHY HOME AND AWAY THE OMNIBUS IS NOT ON ON SATURDAYS THIS IS THE SECOND WEEK IT IS NOT ON SO CAN YOU TILL ME WHY AS A LOT OF PEOPLE LOOKS FORWARD TO WATCHING IT ON SATURDAY AS IN THE WEEK THEY ARE NOT HOME INTIME FROM WORK TO SEE IT AND ALLSO WAY NOT CHANGE THE TIME YOU PUTS IT ON...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 20th 06 05:50 AM
by Shevek Go to last post
24 623
Hauppauge Nova-S Plus by Brian Wescombe
Any opinions on thse PCI cards? Are they good, bad or even ugly??
January 20th 06 03:34 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
5 170
WIindows98 and DTT cards or USB adaptors by madge
I'm interested in enabling Digital TV reception on my Athlon 1700 (1.1ghz) PC. I currently have an analogue Hauppage card and started looking at the latest Hybrid and Digital only PCI cards and USB adaptors. I noticed very quickly that the processesor and Operating System requirements would really mean I would have to buy a new PC with Windows XP operating system. I could feed the...
January 20th 06 03:31 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
5 325
Problem using Altair on PC with Topfield 5800 by Phil Pickard
I have downloaded Altair.zip to my PC, extracted to a separate directory, right clicked and clicked install on TFBULK.inf connected PC to toppy with A-B USB cable switched on the toppy ran Altair.exe on PC But... there is an empty void on the left of the window. I presume the PC cannot 'see' the toppy.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 06 12:14 AM
by 5potnoodle Go to last post
10 501
DiSeq switch question by Basil
Hi all, I've had a quad LNB fitted to a 60cm dish pointed at 28.2E primarily for Astra 2D. Currently I have two digiboxes running FTA cards connected to this LNB. I also have a Strong 4102 FTA receiver acquired during a holiday in France last year (when I was bored one afternoon and rigged it and a dish up to the static van to watch the Champions leage final...) as well as the said 60cm
January 19th 06 09:25 PM
by Chris Go to last post
1 161
New Freeview (?) station by David
Just been notified by the box it has got 75 CITV, what ever that is, from Emley Moor. -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
January 19th 06 05:31 PM
by Chris Howells Go to last post
7 232
Record one digital channel while watching another on Samsumg? by [email protected]
I have a Samsung LE26R51BDX and have figured out how to record digital channels by selecting Ext.1 (which is the Scart connection) and watch the digital station I want to record on the TV while recording it. For the analogue channels, I record from it simply by selecting the channel number on the VCR. I'd like to find out if there's a way to tune both analogue and digital channels into the VCR...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 06 04:54 PM
by Joe Bloggs Go to last post
12 330
DTT Box Calls Emergency Services! by John Porcella
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91059-1209188,00.html Coastguards who undertook a helicopter rescue mission to locate the source of an SOS signal have confirmed the identity of the sender: a rogue digibox in a home in Portsmouth. The digibox sparked an emergency rescue attempt after it sent a mayday signal via satellite to the Aeronautical Rescue Co-ordination Centre at RAF Kinloss.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 06 04:04 PM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
13 337
BBC lockup by Ferret
Hi All, My four year old integrated TV is still locking up when viewing ANY BBC channel, thank you BBC, and so it is not watchable via digital. I followed the thread from late last year saying BBC were going to cure the problem, (as the saying goes,the checks in the post) but are any viewers still experiencing this problem or is it now only me? I am receiving from Hannington. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 19th 06 09:39 AM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
68 1,553
Ferguson Freeview date problem? by Paul D.Smith
I have a Freguson 500 Freeview box which failed to record (i.e. switch on so that the video could record from Freeview) on Wednesday. This weekend I have a chance to check the timer programming and found that all the programs (3, all weekly settings) have the "next record date" set to sometime in 1900. If you have this box (and possibly the other Ferguson./Thomson boxes), I suggest you check...
January 19th 06 07:50 AM
by Paul D.Smith Go to last post
2 244
Post New Thread