Post New Thread
Suing channels for DOGs burned into Plasma Screens ? by Simon Slavin
In Australia, that is. People ask about Plasma TVs here occasionally, and one common answer is 'Just say no.' citing burn-in. In Oz Channels 7 & 9 logos have been burned into a AU$3000 plasma TV screen after only a few days, prompting the owner to start talking about suing the broadcasters: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,17904323-421,00.html This begs the question of whether the fault...
January 24th 06 09:29 AM
by Mike Harrison Go to last post
2 248
TETRA Interference To UK Satellite Transmissions? by Java Jive
In my naivety, I had thought that one of the advantages of FTA satellite was that it was less vulnerable to stray e-m interference such as noise from dirty switching, thermostats, etc. However, I've just recorded this morning's ITV3 Survival "Wild Voices Quiet Waters" which shows seemingly unmistakable signs of TETRA @ 56m:35s from program start. Is this possible? Reading, Berkshire, UK.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 24th 06 08:45 AM
by André Coutanche Go to last post
34 821
Indoor wideband freeview aerial? by [email protected]
I have a friend in Bournemouth who has rushed out and bought a Freeview box without checking the coverage first. Having plugged it in there's no joy, so a quick check on freeview.co.uk reveals that a wideband aerial is required. Thing is, she's renting in a flat with a shared aerial so an upgrade to the roof aerial isn't an easy matter. Is there an amplified indoor aerial that might work, or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 24th 06 12:24 AM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
31 846
DiSeqc question [REPOST] by Basil
Hi - reposted as I can't see this on my ISP's news server, which has been barfing a lot of late... --------------------------------- Hi all, I've had a quad LNB fitted to a 60cm dish pointed at 28.2E primarily for Astra 2D. Currently I have two digiboxes running FTA cards connected to this
January 23rd 06 06:56 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
1 164
Sony KD-32DX150U, video out via scart + scart wiring by Chris
I have a Sony 32- 50U IDTV and I know that I can get video out from AV3 scart for recording but I'm guessing this is composite only. The manual is really unhelpful and doesn't mention what video format/s are output. Does anyone know what my options are? If I have to use composite I will, but I was hoping to get S Video or RGB with composite sync out. Second question, assuming I can get S...
January 23rd 06 06:48 PM
by Chris Go to last post
5 211
New BBC/ITV Freesat service? by [email protected]
Hi, What is the current situation with the new BBC/ITV Freesat service? I thought it had already started in test form. After reading posts in this and other Newsgroups I tried swinging my dish around to Astra II (which seemed to get mentioned quite often) and got my Lidl receiver to scan for stations. I got it to work OK (lots of stations received) but I couldn't see any BBC/ITV stations. Am...
January 23rd 06 04:27 PM
by Adrian Go to last post
8 221
Sony setup oddities - any ideas? by Alan Paterson
I recently bought a Sony VCR off ebay to accompany my Sony TV. The VCR came with a Sony remote that works with both the video and Sony tvs. (There's a sliding switch at the top you can set to operate TV or video - tho' cunningly, basic things like the vol buttons work regardless of which way the switch is set.) Connected them (+ Freeview box + DVD player) with scarts, and two specific things...
January 23rd 06 04:16 PM
by Alan Paterson Go to last post
9 254
Reverse SetPal upgrade? by John Smith
I have an old Labgear SetPal STB. It was the only STB that performed flawlessly on my weak and varying Freeview signal. After the last (final) OTA upgrade it became unstable and frequently locked up so I bought a Humax FOX which works-ish but is struggling with the low signal. I have read elsewhere in this group that it is possible to access the engineering menu of the Labgear/SetPal box and...
January 23rd 06 12:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 257
Sky digital box - how much leccy does it use ? by tom pepper
I remember a while back that Bill wright said an old analogue sky box uses mucho electricity. Do the sky digital ones, and the freeview ones use anywhere near the same ? Also would anyone reccomend that they are switched off at night or even turned off at the wall plug ? -- Bye Tom Pepper (DrSativa)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 23rd 06 11:38 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
13 442
Sony VTX-D800U - s-video output via scart? by Clem Dye
Could someone who owns a Sony VTX-D800U answer a quick question for me please - does the unit output s-video via its TV scart? I downloaded the manual from the Sony website and it makes references to RGB, Y/C and PAL. I presume Y/C means s-video and PAL composite, but the manual isn't exactly that clear (to me at least). My RGB scarts are used up, but I do have an s-video socket up for...
January 23rd 06 08:21 AM
by Malcolm Knight Go to last post
9 250
UKTV GOLD by Tim Burchell
Does anyone know whether UKTV Gold will be included in the free Freeview package at some time? Looking forward to any info!! Kind regards, Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 06 11:37 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
36 860
BT Setpal freeview by scarlet
Had unit approx 18 months,no problems,but last week the set crashed .I tried switching off at mains but no luck.At the moment it has a red & green light on display but no freeview .Can anyone help?
January 22nd 06 09:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
9 267
Panasonic DMR-ES10 audio question by Brian Wescombe
I've just bought a Panasonic DMR-ES10 DVD recorder which I've connected to a Sky box via the RGB Scart input. The recordings are fine (I used VR mode on DVD-RAM disc in LP/2hr format), but when I use VideoRedo to edit the MPEG file, I get a message that there were Audio resync frames removed, audio input errors and Input sequence errors. Is this normal behaviour? The sound seems to be fine...
January 22nd 06 09:01 PM
by Brian Wescombe Go to last post
3 286
Will the bitrate ever improve on most of these channels? by Deep Thought
As I am sure has been discussed many times there is quite a variation in picture quality between some channels which is not a signal strength issue but case of the broadcaster strangling the channels in order to squeeze more into a particular MUX.. is this EVER going to improve? The prospect of having to live with the lack of definition and detail on many of the DTV channels as they are now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 06 07:34 PM
by bassman84 Go to last post
16 429
red button is dead - official by red button
From Advanced-Television.com C4 drops iTV Channel 4 has abandoned interactive TV programming. C4's U-turn is a major blow to the iTV industry, which is working hard to convince broadcasters to invest more in using red button services. The channel has pulled all interactive applications across its
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 22nd 06 01:28 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
28 420
Help for satellite (NOT Sky) newbie by Steve
Folks, I'm already an experienced Freeview and Sky user, but I'm experimenting with a non-Sky satellite receiver for the first time. (I'm trying to set up my own Sky+ like arrangement without paying Murdoch any more money!). I've bought a Fortec Star Lifetime Classic receiver (because it was the cheapest I could find). It is a FTA-only receiver, and won't handle FTV. First thing to say is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 21st 06 11:32 PM
by ab Go to last post
11 312
new by Road Runner
how many radio stations should be on Freeview in S.W. Scotland area. Great reception area
January 21st 06 11:31 PM
by AJM Go to last post
1 177
Sky+ Remote Codes : Bush TV. by Graham
Unable to find the correct Sky+ remote control code for a Bush 14" TV, model 1488TSIL. Have tried various codes for Bush, including a range obtained via the Sky+ Interactive support; also tried the "step-by-step" method using the remote, and can still find nothing that works. Anybody know anything about this TV, such as which chassis model it is, so I can track down more codes to try....?? --...
January 21st 06 10:34 PM
by andy Go to last post
6 203
Extra Channels on Digital Terrestrial by Tim Rogers
Notice that on my free view box that I have a number of channels in the 800 series. 800 is Sky Travel (Three) for example. There are others like Sky News etc. Does this mean that my aerial has connected to an adjoining transmitter? Tim
January 21st 06 10:25 PM
by Richard Watkinson Go to last post
5 165
Getting sound out of JVC AV32T4 by mike
I've just bought a 32" CRT and given my Philips LCD POS to my nephew; and it's so lovely to have a real picture again; in low lights nice blacks, detail in the dark bits, no bubbling round movement, even the lack of unnatural "bite" is nice, though computer generated captions suddenly look all soft. Even cartoons look better without strange digital artefacts being generated by slightly duff...
January 21st 06 09:06 PM
by mike Go to last post
2 178
Post New Thread