Post New Thread
Colour bleed on Panasonic DVD recorder by Ed
I recorded two episodes of desperate housewives last week at Long play (4hr) speed. Dark scenes are unwatchable, the colour drains out of the picture so much of it is black and white. I have not noticed this on any other recording at this speed, so I assume it is related to the broadcast itself. Both were recorded on freeview, one on C4 and another on E4. I havent had the chance to record the...
January 26th 06 11:54 PM
by Stuart Go to last post
2 199
Today's fun by Bill Wright
Six months ago a builder asked an electrician to oversee the installation of a large complicated TV/SAT system serving 120 flats in five blocks. The electrician went to a system installer and had discussions about the layout, etc, gleaning quite a lot of info. He then rejected the installer's price and went ahead and installed the system himself, asking a lot of questions over the counter at...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 06 11:06 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
23 651
"Fables from a Cold Field" :) by tony sayer
Odd title, but a superb bit of history about Television and FM broadcasting at Sutton Coldfield since 1949 till the advent of colour and the demise of 405 lines. Written by Ray Cooper who worked there for several years. Bit OT doesn't mention Digital TV!....... http://tx.mb21.co.uk/features/coldfield/ -- Tony Sayer
January 26th 06 10:01 PM
by hwh Go to last post
6 255
The Whale on barge poor BBC 24 picture by David
I'm watching the TV coverage of the whale going down the Thames on the barge and I'm completely amazed on the BBC News 24 coverage how much the barge is hidden under the programmes banners, Had to move to Sky News were so far they seem to be a lot better at composing the picture. -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 06 09:15 PM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
37 809
Dixons killing CRTs by NewsWD
Haven't seen this mentioned so far, unless I missed it (apologies if so)... Small piece in my local paper has said Dixons are to phase out selling CRTs in their shops as apparently sales are poor compared to LCD/Plasma (plus they take more handling, space, etc...). As Currys are the same group, they are likely to follow before too long. Now I know we have had extended "debates" about CRT v...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 06 08:56 PM
by Conor Go to last post
57 1,163
Why pay money? by stuart
Ive looked through AV forums, and looked generally around and even asked the bloke in Currys, ( the same one who said DLP stood for Dolby Pro Logic!) but cant find an answer. My question is this. If HD TV is going to make every tv picture fantastic, why bother paying loads of money for a very good quality TV when the cheapest will do? TIA Stuart
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 06 05:42 PM
by Graculus Go to last post
23 565
BBCi listings by Roly
Today, it was possible to watch the tennis live from Australia on BBCi I couldn't find any programme guide or even an on-line listing that said what was going to be on BBCi for the rest of the day. Even the BBC web site doesn't appear to say what's on. Is it published anywhere ?
January 26th 06 02:52 PM
by *Paul* Go to last post
1 223
Is the BBC ever going to fix its text overlays by Agamemnon
Is the BBC ever going to fix its text overlays on BBC3, BBC4, CBBC and CBeebees and stop them from appearing every time I switch to these channels for the first time every day or when I try to record them. Its been over two years now and they done nothing. If they can't fix them then why don't they just REMOVE THEM since they serve no purpose whatsoever because my STB tells me the name of...
January 26th 06 12:53 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
6 360
daewoo setpal shutting itself down? by bugbear
I don't know wether I'm getting a feature or a bug. My Daewoo setpal has started shutting itself off. I'm not sure when, since I only watch TV in the evening. But when I come home from work, and turn on the TV (which I turn off), I also have to turn on the freeview box, even though I never turn it off.
January 26th 06 09:44 AM
by bugbear Go to last post
9 341
CP Aerial thoughts and opinions by Bob Tidey
Receiving from CP in St Albans which is getting into the fringe area. There is a local relay but low power and not good terrain to it. When I embarked on Freeview over 3 years ago I got a new aerial / CT100 cable installed. This feeds a loft amplifier distribution system (+8dB) to multiple outlets. Overall performance is very good but because I record on multiple PC cards I am aware of the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 26th 06 09:20 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
23 514
HDMI input question for Hi-def TV... by the_niner_nation
I have a sony bravia hi-def Tv and at the moment, i have a samsung dvd player that upscales the image connected to my TV via the HDMI input. My question is...once sky hi-def box is out, will that too take the HDMI input? If so..how can I connect both my dvd player and the sky h-def box using only one HDMI connector port on the TV? thanks!
January 26th 06 02:20 AM
by Conor Go to last post
1 248
The Argos catalogue: aerial prices by Bill Wright
Argos are now advertising an aerial installation service. The prices seem very high: Aerial with one outlet 180 Aerial with two outlets 260 Aerial with three outlets 340 Aerial with four outlets 400. The installers who told me about this are cockahoop. They intend to carry an Argos catalogue with them to put under customers' noses, as a means of justifying the higher prices that they now...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 25th 06 07:09 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
26 3,106
Panasonic TUCT41 Set Top Box by Mike O'Sullivan
Thinking of getting a new box from Argos. Has anybody had any experience with this Panny please?
January 25th 06 11:16 AM
by Mike O'Sullivan Go to last post
3 286
Talksport FTA by Brian McKenna
Talksport are now free to air on Sky Digital channel 858.
January 25th 06 10:59 AM
by Brian McKenna Go to last post
0 168
BBC 1 and 2 off Emley Moor Freeview? by David
As subject -- Regards David Please reply to News Group
January 25th 06 09:18 AM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
2 174
Apoligies if this wrong group, 9200PVR by Josh_London
Hi, my question is specifically for any poster who actually owns a Humax 9200 PVR. I can find much info online re this PVR. But some things not clear? It has a USB2 port, it is clear that this would allow recorded mpeg files to be transfered to a PC for editing and archiving to dvd etc But can such edited mpeg files then be transferred back to PVR for playback? Also, via the USB2 port, has...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 25th 06 09:08 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
20 572
16:9 or 4:3 ? by Doz
Personally I love my widescreen.... http://www.widescreen.org/widescreen.shtml http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/anamorphic/
January 25th 06 01:57 AM
by John Porcella Go to last post
4 214
So where did all these new ITV channels come from ? by Agamemnon
ITV 11, ITV 21, ITV 31 and ITV 41 ? The new logo sucks big time.
January 24th 06 11:39 PM
by The Bloke Next Door Go to last post
9 234
Best freeview stb for phantom pvr by insert name here
Can anyone suggest a cheap freeview box whose EPG/hardware supports the Phantom(plus) PVR gadget? Already got an I-Player which does the trick, just want a cheap 2nd box for use as a tuner for HD/DVD/VCR etc. TUTV slot optional (it's doubtful anyway if a card set up for the I-Player would work in other boxes with a slot). Oh, and ideally it should support the 1W standby power initiative to...
January 24th 06 08:14 PM
by insert name here Go to last post
0 167
Aerial rip offs - and mothers by Nigel Molesworth
I went round to my mum's today, to install her new Sony 28" widescreen DTV. The picture at her house has always been terrible, so I told her than a new aerial may be a good idea. She replied that a man tried to fix it about 10 years ago, but couldn't get a decent picture with her aerial, so he took a feed from the detached house next door! The house next door has a standard 10 element, her's is...
January 24th 06 09:54 AM
by Alan White Go to last post
9 223
Post New Thread