Post New Thread
2k to spend on a flat panel LCD HD ready TV... by the_niner_nation
As per subject...this is off topic...my sony bravia was taken back, money refunded ( image too dark), so it leaves me with 2k or so to spend on a decent HD ready LCD TV ( and for my xbox360!)...any ideas from people who already have oneor are reasearching into getting one? I am tempted by the " V" series Sony Baravia...NOT tempted by rear projection screens, wayy wayyy wayyy tooo dark for my...
February 11th 06 01:31 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
3 179
UK HDTV FAQ updated screen size table by Jim
There was a lot of interest in the screen size table I introduced into the FAQ last week so I have extended and clarified it. http://www.burnyourbonus.co.uk/HDTV/faq.html Sky are now beginning testing of HDTV services with several HD channels appearing on the EPG. Rumour now places the launch date at 1st April (hopfully not a joke) If you want to be an early subscriber and have not yet...
February 11th 06 10:45 AM
by Jim Go to last post
0 198
BUSH IDAPTOR by [email protected]
Hi Can anyone please tell me how I connect this brilliant little thing to be able to record from it through my dvd recorder. At present to watch the channels through the idaptor I have to switch on my idaptor and tv and run it through AV1, If I want to watch anything through the dvd recorder, I have to watch through AV2 but I can't watch digital tv through the dvd recorder and cannot record...
February 11th 06 04:14 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
4 227
HDTV a waste of money, by Emperor's New Widescreen
If you a sitting at the correct disstance from your TV you will not be able to see the higher definition!!! Youe eyes will not be capable of picking out the higher definition anyway!!! What a rip-off!! Still don't let that stop you buying one though.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 10th 06 11:10 PM
by +burrito+ Go to last post
98 1,942
your opinions on Humax PVR-9200T by Rob
thinking of getting the above mentioned device. It looks very good. Wonder if I can use it to transfer some videos from tape to the hard disk? What have been you experiences with the unit, good or bad? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 10th 06 10:20 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
35 833
Amstrad Sky Digibox by David
Given a 4 to 5 year old Amstrad Sky box today, working partialy. I've put my working FTV card in but it is not getting my regions BBC1 and ITV1, nor is it listing 104 and 105. Will it pick them in due couse of time? Or is it a faulty box? PS Card is in blue up, could Amstrad be up side down? -- Regards
February 10th 06 05:23 PM
by David Go to last post
4 174
Problem recording from digital tv to dvd recorder, analogue recording only by andy
I've got a Philips Digital TV and an Alba (yes, cheap one) dvd recorder which have all been working fine until recently. What happens now is that when setting the Alba to record from the scart socket (connected to the tv) it records the analogue channel and not the digital channel and for the life of me I can't work out why, it used to record the digital channel just fine. I know the scart...
February 10th 06 03:59 PM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
3 190
Do you want a very different visit ? by [email protected]
*** welcome to you Do you have an hour from your time ? Do you want sailing in a different world ? So.. You must visit of these sites And you will feel that you are different totally after it
February 10th 06 12:50 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 192
Sony Bravia Calibration settings... by the_niner_nation
anyone here that owns a sony bravia LCD ( not rear projection) or may know of optimum calibration settings for a sony bravia LCD Tv can you please post them here? I have a 40' bravia and whilst overall very pleased with it, no matter how much i play around with the settings, I feel dissatisfied about how dark the image is....even if i play my xbox 360 on it..unless i crank up all the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 06 12:37 PM
by Alan White Go to last post
13 450
VCR capture cards by Paul Norris
I am looking for a reasonable video capture card so that I can convert some om old video cassettes to DVD. Can anyone recommend a suitable card that they have experience of. I don't need anything too fancy but there are so many different types on the market and trying to get sensible reviews or comparisons is proving difficult. Apologies if this is the wrong group - perhaps you direct me to...
February 10th 06 10:39 AM
by Margaret Willmer Go to last post
9 380
Channel dropout - BBC channels and especially in heavy rain by
Hi I get severe channel loss (mainly BBC programmes) when we get heavy rain. Pixelation etc and eventual loss. Strangely I get the same on digital terrestrial.... same channels.......... The Terrestrial channels go walkies more often tho - (not weather dependent) Located in Thame/ east of Oxford Reset of box (either) no use - re-scan of DTV channels omits BBC channels until some arbitrary time...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 10th 06 08:17 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
10 446
Grammy Awards not in widescreen. by Emperor's New Widescreen
4:3 I am afraid ;O( Well, well, well, that's the superbowl and the grammy awards two of the biggest audiance pullers in the USA and they ain't in widescreen. It doesn't look like widescreen is taking off two well does it?
February 10th 06 07:46 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
6 204
Channel dropout - BBC channels and especially in heavy rain by
Thanks all - sounds like an aerial upgrade.... Everyone takes a dim view of me climbing ladders nowadays ... so if anyone can suggest an appropriate aerial and an installer who doesn't charge an arm and a leg in the area? Thanks JayJay spamtrap in email
February 9th 06 10:28 PM
by Go to last post
0 186
Sound & Vision Show Bristol - 65" HD LCD Screen Launch by Tricky Dicky
Now that has to be worth a look on the Sharp stand I cannot believe it's a year since I saw that Blu-Ray demo though Tricky
February 9th 06 08:38 PM
by Agamemnon Go to last post
5 204
BBC4 Now by Rob Gibson
What have they done to the aspect ratio for "The Avengers" now showing? It's a very messed up 4:3, what's going on? Rob.
February 9th 06 07:17 PM
by Rob Gibson Go to last post
1 195
FAQ by Paul Stevenson
Hi all, is there an FAQ for this newsgroup? And if so, where is it? thanks Paul
February 9th 06 04:58 PM
by Paul Stevenson Go to last post
6 239
OT BBC web site problem by David
I have been useing the BBC web site to get uptodate Stock Exchange Share prices, but of late this site as been driveing me up the wall with failures and errors. Can I get uptodate Share prices somewhere ealse on the web or TV digital text? -- Regards David
February 9th 06 04:54 PM
by David Go to last post
2 195
On Digital Box by Keith Williamson
I have a Pace OnDigital receiver but no hand control. At power up the front buttons allow access to the setup menu, choice of programme and apparently all funcions, BUT After selection of a programme (ie good reception) there is no further response to any button.
February 9th 06 12:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 258
Freeview aerial for indoors by [email protected]
Hi Just moved to a new flat, and unfortunately it doesn't have any sort of aerial. Are there any set-top Freeview aerials which are actually worth their salt? I was thinking of buying one from Argos to try it out. Does anyone have any recommendations? TIA
February 9th 06 08:49 AM
by tom pepper Go to last post
9 259
Skystar 2 by R K Pelligo
Hi all, I have a Skystar 2 PCI sat card in my PC using DVB Viewer. Sometimes when I open the viewer the TV image is upside down and reversed. Any ideas on this one??? -- RKP
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 06 10:25 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
15 444