Post New Thread
Philex 4-way scart box from argos.. by Skipai Otter
I bought one but seem to have a bit of a problem. I am using the Phillips scart leads from Asda with the 4 star rating. The phono input doesn't have the problem but if I connect the box to the liteon 5045 so that I can switch from recording from the cable STB and the VCR as in video backups of old stuff. Even with one scart in it, there's this thick white ghost type line that rushes from...
February 22nd 06 01:05 PM
by Skipai Otter Go to last post
2 293
HDTV clips attached to newsgroup messages by Bill Wright
I'll get my coat. Thanks to everyone for their contributions to the 'graphics in newsgroups' discussion. It was fun (for me anyway and I hope for others), and it was interesting, and I learnt a lot. And I think a few people might just have marshalled their thoughts and even explored a bit of new intellectual territory. Ohh, and don't some people get mad. Those of us in the service...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 22nd 06 04:58 AM
by John Rumm Go to last post
11 425
Pinnacle PCTVi Card by Pixellated
Okay, nothing I've tried so far works (if anyone's thinking of buying the Logic3 Super VGA Box, think again, the quality is terrible, and no colours are correct). I've decided that I'll now try a PCI card, which will take my Xbox in, and I'll play it through the PC. I've asked this question at overclockers.co.uk, and I've been told that the Pinnacle PCTV 40i is highly recommended, and I'd like...
February 22nd 06 12:10 AM
by Chris Go to last post
4 260
Curious enough to know? by [email protected]
Curious enough to know? Are you curious to know who is the man who led millions to boycott Danish products for his sake? You can know by reading here .. http://www.islamway.com/mohammad I am sure you won't regret at all
February 21st 06 11:50 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 157
Panasonic TX-32LXD52 poor signal strength on ch66 & ch68 by Darran Amers
I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD52 (LCD TV with integrated dvb receiver) that seems to be particularly relunctant to pick up programmes broadcast on ch66 (itv1, ch4, itv2, itv3, more4, e4, ...) and ch68 (ch5, abc1, ...). I have a suitable tv aerial for my area (nr Blackpool) and get my signal from Winter Hill (~22 miles away). My old Sony STB had no problems, nor does my Panasonic DMR-ES20D (DVD...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 21st 06 10:39 AM
by Darran Ames Go to last post
11 528
Rigger's Diary: not a nice man by Bill Wright
We had a call from the management agent to say that the relative of one of the elderly ladies was making a hell of a fuss because her TV wouldn't work. We'd recently installed a new system so we were an incompetent set of ******* etc etc. He was really nasty and sarcastic and got the girl quite wound up. Anyway, it turned out that the fault was vandalism of a cable -- several cables in...
February 21st 06 07:31 AM
by NickM Go to last post
5 248
Cyberhome 1600 by MikeS
I bought a Cyberhome 1600 DVD recorder from my local Asda Supermarket and I am very impressed. At 68 its a steal. Strange though in the the manunual states that it cant record DVD-R or DVD-RW but I found it could. It can record from scart (cable TV) and terrestrial and freeview, also I can play the DVD recorded on it on my PC. The only problem I have is when I set it up to record and decided...
February 20th 06 06:18 PM
by Steve Terry Go to last post
2 197
Humax vs. Topsfield vs. Tivo by David Wood
I'm a current Tivo owner---just wondering if the Humax & Topsfield PVR are a good alternative? I guess the picture quality is going to be better since Tivo records analogue but do you lose freeze frame and forward back? Also ....can you upgrade the hard disks of Humax & Topsfield??
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 06 05:12 PM
by Peter Johnson Go to last post
10 526
Humax F2 Fox-T Transmittor problems by Daniel
Hi guys, Please can someone help me out, I have determined that the best transmittor for me is the midhurst one. And for the channel five mux I use a manual tune tuning that group to channel 62 (in the instillation menu). But once saved its reverts back to the old bad reception on channel 30! note (the channel 30 is too weak for the scanner ot pick up that mux
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 20th 06 01:31 PM
by Emperor's New Widescreen Go to last post
23 781
DVD subtitles partly invisible by Terry Pinnell
Maybe the following is just another manifestation of the 'overscan' problem discussed in the separate thread 'DVD - losing the picture edges', in uk.tech.digital-tv, or maybe it's a totally separate issue. But it sure is annoying. First, some background. Since getting my 32" LCD TV, my wife and I are watching more DVD movies. One problem that arises in most of them is that the dialogue is often...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 06 12:41 PM
by Terry Pinnell Go to last post
18 390
!!!MONEY VERY SIMPLE AND 100% LEGAL!ENJOY!! by Piet van Vliet
PAYPAL MAGIC!!! TURN $5 INTO $15,000 IN ONLY 30 DAYS...HERES HOW! This is a Money Scheme and Not, I repeat... This is Not a Scam!!! You have most likely seen or heard about this project on TV programs such as 20/20 and Oprah, or you may have read about it in the Wall Street Journal. If not, here it is below - revealed to you in step-by-step detail. This program is by no means new. It has been
February 20th 06 08:10 AM
by Piet van Vliet Go to last post
0 258
Connector for DB125 cable by andrew
I have recently installed some DB125 (direct burial cable) to connect my Sky+ box to our communal sat system. However, I rather stupidly assumed that a standard CT125 F-type crimp connector would fit onto the end of the cable - which of course it doesn't (too small). I've since got an F-type connector of the correct size (with new crimp tool) but cannot for the life of me get even this connector...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 06 04:45 PM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
13 793
Previuosly Silent BBCi page 301 by Mike Davison
For some reason I was only receiving a silent winter olympics service on page 301 of BBCi on my Hitachi IDTV, 302 being fine. I sent an e-mail to BBC reception problems at the weekend and had a message on my answering machine from the BBC on tuesday and on checking that evening I now have sound on both 301 and 302. Full marks BBC for this response. Mike D.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 06 12:11 PM
by Dickie mint Go to last post
10 335
DVD - losing the picture edges by Terry Pinnell
My TV is a Panasonic TX-32LXD52 32" LCD and my DVD player is a Philips DVD757VR (combo DVD/VCR). I've been wondering if I'm losing parts of the picture beyond the edges. It's difficult to say with commercial DVDs (and even more so with broadcasts). So I made a test DVD myself. It played fine on my PC, including the elements I'd placed flush in the corners. But when played on the TV these edges...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 06 10:38 AM
by Terry Pinnell Go to last post
45 1,027
TV Streaming from Desktop to Laptop by John montgomery
Hi all, I have a desktop PC running XP and with a Hauppauge Nova-T terrestrial TV board fitted. This works extremely well. I also have a wireless home network and a wireless capable Laptop. Is there any software that would allow me to stream the TV from the Nova-T, over my wireless network to my Laptop? I have been trying Videolan. It can stream OK from a file on the PC to the Laptop, but not...
February 18th 06 04:17 PM
by John montgomery Go to last post
5 264
Is FilmFour coming to Freeview? by Wilf
I heard somewhere that filmFour was going to be on Freeview from next summer. Is this right? That would be a brilliant coup for Freeview and good for its viewers. -- Wilf
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 18th 06 01:59 PM
by {{{{{Welcome}}}}} Go to last post
19 474
Humax Digital TV LGB-17DTTV problems by Malcolm H
I would very much appreciate comments from anybody with relevant experience regarding the problem detailed below with two new Humax Digital TV sets model LGB-17DTTV. The first set was purchased on 30 December 2005 from Curries, after the problem was experienced it was returned to Curries for replacement on 4 January 2006. The second set exhibits exactly the same problem, so presumably the fault...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 18th 06 12:10 PM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
25 4,391
analogue switch off question by Martyn
when analogue TV is switched off what will happen to local stations like 6 in oxford. will they find space on a multiplex for it? martyn
February 18th 06 11:09 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
8 325
Electronic SMT、PCB /OEM/ODM 、 by [email protected]
Product Name: PCB Board Place of Origin: China Packing: Vacuum bag and paper box outside We can offer different kinds of PCB boards, and handle OEM/ODM projects. Website:www.dztop.com Add : Floor 2,HongQun Building 28,GuiYuan NO.141,LuoHu Area,Shenzhen China. Tel:(86)755-61288020(lines) mobile:(86)-755-21138919
February 18th 06 02:30 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 170
Brits by JPG
Stewart wrote: I switched it off because of that awful "film looky likey" effect they where using. Looked like it was filmed from a 320 x 120 webcam @ 15fps. Max compression ON Listened to Annie Mac instead, that was great. then when out for a few pints. Don't suppose I missed anything.
February 18th 06 01:15 AM
by xd18911 Go to last post
3 274
Post New Thread