Post New Thread
Went out to buy small LCD Tv, and did not. by David
Thought I would replace my old 14" crt Philips kitchen even though as good as the day it was new. (Can never understand how these 14" Philips last and last, these are the ones you find in hotel rooms, wish larger Philips TVs were as good.) Any way I found the market place price for these today is around 75. I found 15" lcd sets with no digital and no w/s are 200 'ish. With w/s at 17" you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 28th 06 02:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
28 746
DigiTV v3.5.21 by John Howells
I have not seen it noted elsewhere, so .. At last. http://www.nebula-electronics.com/downloads/release3521.asp John Howells
April 28th 06 09:22 AM
by ted msn Go to last post
4 187
Help with Freeview by Bob Smith
"harrogate3" wrote in message ... "Bob Smith" [email protected] wrote in message ... I have been trying to set up Freeview without success. Has anyone got it working in Walkley (AKA Crookesmoor), Sheffield (S6 3GP). The problem I have is that most of the...
April 28th 06 09:05 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
9 280
AV amp with 6 HDMI, RGB, and 7.1 surround inputs by Agamemnon
Since HDMI has been designed so that the playback equipment will not ouput any high definition digital audio from copy protected discs to an HDMI input, of all the stupidities they could have thought of to render the HDMI format totally pointless, I am wondering when some manufacturer is going to make an AV amp or a switch box with at least 6, 7.1 analogue surround inputs plus as many RGB...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 27th 06 11:17 PM
by Dowager Go to last post
18 613
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front do anything? by [email protected]
Ted Alan wrote: I have an old ON DIGITAL philips set top box. I don't have the remote control, the box works ok but is stuck on channel 7. There is a few buttons on the front, but they don't seem to do anything apart from waking it up from standby. So the question is how do I use the buttons on the front to change channels? As others have stated, you don't. You use a remote...
April 27th 06 10:09 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
4 299
Old Philips ondigital box - do the buttons on the front do anything? by Ian
In message , Ted Alan writes I have an old ON DIGITAL philips set top box. I don't have the remote control, the box works ok but is stuck on channel 7. There is a few buttons on the front, but they don't seem to do anything apart from waking it up from standby. So the question is how do I use the buttons on the front to...
April 27th 06 04:40 PM
by Ian Go to last post
1 189
Cable specifications by Gordon Hudson
Posting this in case anyone is interested: http://www.webro.com/products/digitaltvspecialapplications.html It shows the range available from just one manufacturer. I am glad I got the H109 as on paper it does seem to be better.
April 27th 06 01:22 PM
by Gordon Hudson Go to last post
0 215
Video clock losing a day by [email protected]
I have been to 3 videos recently as the customers were complaining the Videoplus wasnt working. In each case the clock was set to the previous day. This only happened this week and all the machines had been working okay when the hour had changed for summertime. All videos were different types, 2 running Philips software and one running Daewoo softawre. Anyone else noticed this.
April 27th 06 10:19 AM
by Alan Gauton Go to last post
7 365
No Sound on E4 by Grey
I have noticed drop out in sound lately on E4. For example, Sound was off between 17:00 and 19:00 today the 26th, resulting in two hours of muted video recording of Friends and today's Lost. Is this my Digi-box on its way out or was it a genuine outage? I am receiving from the Isle of Wight transmitter. Graham
April 27th 06 07:30 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
1 314
Rogues' Gallery additions by Bill Wright
I now have over 150 exhibits in my Rogues' Gallery. Most are new additions. See http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/roguesgalleryview.html Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 26th 06 11:04 PM
by linker3000 Go to last post
13 491
A "proper" recorder yet? by Staiger
Thanks for all your comments. We got off track slightly a couple of times, but the overall opinion is: NO, I can't buy my perfect PVR yet! I still think this is amazing, when a number of products get so close. I think maybe they're worried that an all-in-one box (two Freeview tuners, hard-disk PVR and DVD recorder/player) would be so attractive it would undermine the sales of the separate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 26th 06 10:37 PM
by Mike Redrobe Go to last post
39 891
Scart switch box by Grumps
Hi Anyone got first hand experience of the "JoyTech AV Control Center 2" or svp.co.uk ? ( http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=712 ) I'm looking for a 5-to-1 switcher (at least two inputs must be RGB).
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 26th 06 08:37 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
17 837
Completed and working at last... by Usenet
Bit of a nightmare getting the domain setup, service provider had technical difficulties. www.aerial-cowboys.co.uk Any contribution's of photos welcome. If you have a website and contribute, I'll happily link to your site. Regards
April 26th 06 06:52 PM
by Geo Go to last post
8 231
BBC interactive snooker problem by Olly
Hi everyone, I have a sky digibox pointing at 28.xE and I'm having problems getting the 'select match' on the snooker (by pressing red). Everytime I try to access it, it starts to load, then I get a blue screen saying something like "...currently unavailable. Please try again later (5001)" Its driving me nuts =) does anyone know what is wrong?(or anyone else having the same problem?) I...
April 26th 06 06:43 PM
by Geo Go to last post
5 320
Digital Widescreen via RF? by [email protected]
Hi, I chatted to a couple of people at the weekend who have gotten freeview boxes and are having trouble getting the cabling etc sorted out (one of them is prety techno savvy in general so gawd elp all the little old ladies who are going to have their analogue taken away ny nanny soon!) One setup uses kit which was bought a few years ago and all the boxes (TV, VCR, DVD DTT) only have one SCART...
April 26th 06 06:04 PM
by Steve Pearce Go to last post
3 188
Connecting sky digital to projector? by mentalguy2004
Hi, I have sky+ digital satellite, and am hooking it up to watch through a DLP projector using an S-Video to S-Video cable. Does anyone know whether the quality would be better if I connected them using a Scart (satellite) to VGA (projector) cable? These are quite expensive, so I want to make sure I'm going to get an improvement. On the projector I have the following inputs: VGA, S-video,...
April 26th 06 02:22 PM
by Malcolm H Go to last post
5 375
A "proper" recorder yet? by Agamemnon
"Staiger" wrote in message ... Colleagues, A few months ago (late '05) we discussed the strange lack of "proper" Freeview PVRs on the market. By "proper" I mean: * a dual Freeview tuner * a hard disk * a DVD drive (which records as well as plays)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 26th 06 01:36 PM
by Mike Redrobe Go to last post
23 565
dvd recorder by Chris Bacon
Dave wrote: I am being tempted into buying a HDD/DVD machine, but I don't know the ins and outs of them. Having a machine with a disk in it, and a recorder attached or incorporated, and an "electronic programme guide" is very, very good. I've currently got a Thomson DHD4000, which does not have a recorder incorporated, but is extremely handy in itself. Simpl to use, too.
April 26th 06 12:21 PM
by Chris Bacon Go to last post
0 146
Freeview reception issues - advice please :) by [email protected]
Hi charlies. Solution 1. What do others in your apartment block do? Isn't there a communal aerial? If not, that would be best, so you should talk to the other residents and see if you can all ask the landlord. There isn't a communal aerial unfortunately, the rest of the residents (bar one) have Sky subscriptions and mini-dishes. The other resident doesn't have a TV but does have an...
April 26th 06 10:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 276
I'm bloody annoyed :-( by Marky P
Dunno if anyone here remembers, but a few weeks ago, I talked about installing either Freeview or Freesat for a rather attractive young lady. Anyway, common opinion here was that the Freesat option was probably the best idea & I told her the pros & cons of both systems & she opted for the Freesat option. I got her a box off ebay for 35 all in (price included p&p) & installed it & all was well....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 26th 06 10:26 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
30 580