Post New Thread
Freeview on laptop Freecom DVB-T USB Stick by Beck
http://www.savapoint.com/savapoint/productinfo.php?checkcookies=yes&prodid=4284&ref=google0606 Freecom DVB-T USB Stick I am considering this freeview unit for my laptop. The reason why I want one like this is because with its own little aerial - my household aerial does not get freeview. Are these little aerials any good?
June 6th 06 05:52 AM
by Bert Go to last post
8 431
Sony SVR-S500 - initial impressions by Clem Dye
I had to pop-in to to my friendly electrical retailer yesterday (no, not Comet/Currys!) to order a new tumble dryer for she who must be obeyed as the old one had just died. Whilst there I took a look at the new Sony 500 twin tuner hard disk recorder that was on display. First impressions count ..... The box is quite small and seems (bearing in mind that I was in a shop) quite quiet. Picture...
June 5th 06 07:34 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
3 228
Freeview from Sky Minidish by Tanel Kagan
Hello group. I recently moved home, and I currently have a single TV, fed directly by a Sky Minidish and Digibox (just the standard one). I have a Plasma screen that I want to set up in a second room, but I don't have to have Sky in the second room (yet), I just want terrestrial channels really so I can watch the World Cup on a large screen. There is an aerial socket in the second room, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 06 06:21 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
12 401
radio 7 Five Live, Five Live Extra, One word by grandadjohn
In a good reception area why can I not receive the above channels. Done a re-scan! I can receive 'Oneword. Advice please.
June 5th 06 05:51 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
1 167
Is DTV just '****e' .. ;-( ? by T i m
Hi All, The wife and I have just had another heated discussion whilst she was trying to get the FV card in her PC working 'right'. Ref a recent couple of my recent posts here I bought 3 x Pinnacle PCI DTV cards (300i's for 3 PC's) and have had nothing but problems trying to get them to work 'properly' (they work as in get-freeview-pictures but the vision is hesitant and audio often out of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 5th 06 04:32 PM
by John Rumm Go to last post
25 704
Thompson DTI 2300 help please .. by T i m
Hi All, I have a Thompson DTI 2300 STB and now we have given up trying to get any sense from Pinnacle re the DTV PC card we were tring to make better use of the STB. Now I've been in IT and dealing with things technical most my life but I really can't get my head around some of these modern menus etc? Like we wanted to do sometning about not having to view all the ****e
June 5th 06 01:51 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
5 586
Freesat? by housetrained
Thanks to all those that helped. The problem was, being a newbie, I was using the Sat finder provided in the kit. It must be designed for Astra 19 because when I pointed the dish farther East it suddenly burst into life. All the channels on the Astra 28 came in loud and clear. -- John the West Ham fan
June 5th 06 12:12 PM
by housetrained Go to last post
0 158
Aerial advice: Bill Wright's knowledge sought by [email protected]
Dear uk.tech.digital-tv Sorry for what I am sure is a numpty question for you, but the uk.d-i-y panel sent me over here, and in particular recommended Bill Wright. Here's my original post to them. ============ Hi, My mother is having her chimney breast re-rendered. This will involve
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 06 12:23 AM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
13 967
Constant or variable bitrate by illgeek
I'm just a curious.... does anyone know which video encoding mode is used for digital television broadcasting: Constant bitrate or variable bitrate? AFAIR, some years ago VBR was difficult to do in real time. Is that still true nowadays? CBR yields to a variable video quality. VBR yields to a constant video quality. Is there any utility to know which mode is used in the video streams of a
June 4th 06 10:24 PM
by John Howells Go to last post
9 279
My apology to the Scots! by [email protected]
During the US long weekend I posted a message concerning Oktoberfest preparedness on my daily picture with a smile site that may be taken the wrong way by the Scots around the world! Here is my apology and a clear clarification on the problem http://www.banffspace3.blogspot.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 4th 06 10:07 PM
by Paul D Go to last post
13 372
Quality consumer advice by Scott
Dropped into local Comet to find out if the Toshibe 17 inch widescreen TV (17WLT46) supports the Freeview electronic programme guide. I understood that there were two guides available (Freeview and 4TV Interactive, but the 4TV version requires the set to be left on overnight). I could be wrong and wanted to find out more. The chap asked me to repeat the question then said he had no idea. ...
June 4th 06 08:41 PM
by Adrian C Go to last post
5 303
French channels on a Freeview box by 2de
Hi My sister just bought a Goodmans set top box (GDB6 - I think) and I set it up for her - we are on the West Sussex coast - The install scan ended up with no ITV1, nor Ch4 nor E4 - but about 5 French channels starting at 801. Odd I thought - as her other existing box - an old BT Setpal box - gets ITV1 CH4 and E4 fine ( some break up in good weather - but then we are
June 4th 06 05:27 PM
by madge Go to last post
3 1,301
HD-DVD HDTV forums by Bischoop
Hi Can anyone give british forums where could I talk about High Definition?
June 4th 06 04:41 PM
by Christopher Quigley Go to last post
2 500
Humax 9200T software update available by Victor Delta
The latest software update is now available from the Humax website plus a new loader. Chase play, non-volatile EPG and auto padding at last... (apologies if this has been posted before). V PGXTF 1.00. 06 1. Chase Play included 2. Auto-Padding Included
June 4th 06 04:19 PM
by Dr Zoidberg Go to last post
3 761
Why do you need to buy a TV set? by Scott
This might be the sillyest question of the week. I have been looking at widescreen TV sets. I already have a twin tuner digital box and have no requirement to watch analogue TV. Why can't I just buy a large monitor and connect it to the decoder, thus avoiding the cost of analogue tuning equipment and in many cases digital tuning equipment that I don't need? Scott
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 4th 06 03:11 PM
by Paul Heslop Go to last post
26 700
Free IPTV directory by [email protected]
I know it's slightly off topic, but i thought it could be of interest for some of you.. http://www.streamick.com is a directory of IPTV channels in english to watch online for free, it's good for filling those minutes of boredom.. Cheers TDM
June 4th 06 09:46 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 195
Patents (2) :-) by Dave Fawthrop
http://www.newscientist.com/backpage.ns?id=mg19025542.700 Annoying trailers on DVDs ANOTHER patent that lets the cat out of the bag comes from Disney. Its recent application (US 20050232612) claims the technique of putting many different trailers and promotional adverts on a DVD, along with "random" or "shuffle play" software. A few of the promos are shown each time the disc is played, but...
June 3rd 06 08:39 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
0 171
Keep losing chanel 3 and 4 on freeveiw by yar
I have two TVs with freeveiw. one of them keeps losing the independent channels but the BBC is okay. The other set is normally ok, I have recently placed a sky magic eye in line to this TV, could it be that?. Thanks
June 3rd 06 08:08 PM
by yar Go to last post
2 249
Freeview and Auto Recording by [email protected]
Do any of the present generation of Freeview boxes allow auto recording via the EPG & SCART socket? ie - You select the programme to record in the EPG, set your VCR into "wake me up via the SCART mode" and that it? Please don't reply with "What you need is a PVR Grandad" I know they are the way to go really, but it aint gonna happen this side of hell freezin over unless thay get a lot cheaper!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 3rd 06 07:21 PM
by eadg Go to last post
26 1,052
Cable Threading through wall by Geoff Lane
I want to route some aerial cable through a wall. At the moment I'm not absolutely sure if it is a double wall with a cavity. If there is a double wall are there any tips for threading the cable through the two walls. What drill diameter is needed for satellite type cable.
June 3rd 06 02:40 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
6 429
Post New Thread