Post New Thread
Video sender units by Madge O'Reene
Are either of the video senders that Maplin sell any good? http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=42501&TabID=1&source=1&doy=8m6 and http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48704&TabID=1&source=1&doy=8m6 I bought a cheap video sender from argos a couple of years ago and sent it right back because the reception was shocking, even just one room
June 8th 06 09:42 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
4 423
Crap Ch5 reception on my new freeview by swayzak
I have read http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.tech.digital-tv/browse_thread/thread/72d5c6eb9a35cf0c/711754fb53155a13%23711754fb53155a13 But I'm not sure if it's relevant for me. Got Freeview up and running yesterday (following installation of high power roof aerial and amplifier (to run bedroom and lounge tellies) by CAI engineer).
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 8th 06 09:19 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
31 1,229
Wireless TV by StuR
I am looking for a way to send the TV signal from one end of my living room to the other. I don't want to re-wire an aerial connection on the other wall and would like some advice on how to do this wirelessly. I have a freeview box which will be directly connected to the aerial point. From here I'd like to be able to wirelessly send the signal to the TV at the other end of the room. At some...
June 8th 06 07:22 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 562
Sky+ playback problems by Graz
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could help me with some problems I've been having with my Sky+ service lately. Quite often I get a momentarily jammed screen, or a brief breakdown in sound. This is normally followed by a few seconds where the sound and vision are not in synch. Essentially it appears like a bad signal, however I've checked the signal strengh and there is no problem. The...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 8th 06 06:00 AM
by Jomtien Go to last post
10 297
BBC1 Freeview by Chris
My parents bought a Panasonic Digital TV with inbuilt freeview. All channels are fine except BBC1 and 2, including the rest of the BBC stuff. The picture breaks up every 5 seconds making it unwatchable. The shop told them it was their aerial.....so they had a new "digital" compatible aerial fitted. Still rubbish. The shop then told them that they needed a signal booster in the attic. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 7th 06 10:30 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
11 417
ITV/C4 from Crystal Palace by [email protected]
Hi, Experiencing crap signal on any channels on multiplex2 from crystal palace, is anyone else having the same issues? Regards
June 7th 06 09:25 PM
by brains Go to last post
4 230
Channel 5 to launch new Freeview channels by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,1790698,00.html -- Steve - www.digitalradiotech.co.uk - Digital Radio News & Info Find the cheapest Freeview & DAB prices: http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/freeview/freeview_receivers.php http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/dab/dab_radios.php
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 7th 06 09:11 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
67 1,262
Freeview overtakes analogue users by John Russell
"Richard Tobin" wrote in message ... In article , John Russell wrote: Are there only 26 million TV Licence's issued? Given that there are only 24.5 million households in the UK, that would be rather a lot.
June 7th 06 04:53 PM
by Richard Tobin Go to last post
1 149
Definition of Freeview by Andrew
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:22:34 GMT, Scott wrote: Some time ago there was an argument on this group about whether the term 'Freeview' included ITV and Channel 4 services. There was, when? According to the BBC website:
June 7th 06 04:39 PM
by Scott Go to last post
4 195
wanted : internet telly by [email protected]
There used to be the BUSH TVs that could cruise the internet for you, and I'm looking for something similar but using 802.11g wifi. I have an 11 bedroom B&B and would like guests to be able to surf the net using my existing 802.11g bubble over the whole place. But don't want to put a PC in each room, or have a loaner laptop that I move between rooms. So it struck me that since a TV is 90% of a...
June 7th 06 02:31 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
6 208
patents (1) :-) by Dave Fawthrop
http://www.newscientist.com/backpage.ns?id=mg19025542.700 Forced to watch adverts ALL the major patent offices now publish pending patents: there are at least 10,000 filings a week in the English language alone. Perhaps big companies think it a safe bet that no one will read them. If so, they are wrong. Take, for instance, the electronics company Philips, which has filed for a
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 7th 06 10:42 AM
by Pyriform Go to last post
23 590
Question re PSU for Hitachi STB by Peter
Hi, I have 2 Hitachi Freeview boxes (Model HDB60. The power unit on both of these boxes appear to have failed within 1 week of each other - (I'm assuming it's the PSU) Can anyone please advise me what size of the 6V dc plug is? I suspect that a replacement unit will probably be worth more than the STB, but if I can source a cheap 6V supply it may prevent me scrapping
June 7th 06 08:24 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 407
Check out my New Website! by [email protected]
Hey! I just joined a new video social network and thought that this may be something you all would be interested in. It's launching in June and there are several different ways to make money including
June 7th 06 06:17 AM
by [email protected]m Go to last post
0 163
Linux "Record Only" DVB-T PVR? by trojanfoe
Hi there, I have been using MythTV for a number of months and have found it to be an unreliable over-engineered CPU Hog so I am looking for an alternative. Good thing is, I only require software to schedule and record the MPEG2 TS stream from a DVB-T card - watching/editing/burning the stream can all be done on Windows. Can anyone recommend some Linux software to do this? Can freevo...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 6th 06 09:47 PM
by trojanfoe Go to last post
10 346
freeview box under 50? by Beck
Which is the best brand freeview box (with interactive) for under 50 please? I am getting it tomorrow morning, so am probably limited to the likes of Woolies, Argos and Dixons. Thanks very much. p.s. I do not need top up slot.
June 6th 06 08:43 PM
by Doctor D Go to last post
3 222
FilmFour free on Sky? by Brian Wescombe
Has anyone confirmed whether FimFour will be free (FTA or FTV) on Sky when it launches on Freeview in July? Don't want a repeat of the E4/More 4 situation...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 6th 06 06:47 PM
by Arfur Million Go to last post
155 2,154
Re. Freesat? by housetrained
Thanks to all those that helped. The problem was, being a newbie, I was using the Sat finder provided in the kit. It must be designed for Astra 19 because when I pointed the dish farther East it suddenly burst into life. All the channels on the Astra 28 came in loud and clear. -- John the West Ham fan
June 6th 06 06:23 PM
by Dave Fawthrop Go to last post
2 159
Public Ignorance of the Analogue Switch-off Ongoing by Dave Farrance
Sorry to harp on this subject again and repeat what I said this time last year, but a large part of the public are *still* ignorant about the Analogue Switch-off and the recent "Digit Al" adverts have only helped part-way. I've recently talked with quite a few people about the analogue transmitter switch-off, and many of them are still shocked to learn that they're going to have to buy a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 6th 06 05:16 PM
by Peter Hayes Go to last post
151 1,842
Freeview STB by R K Pelligo
Is it possible to buy a FV STB that you can delete channels you will never watch in the same way I can delete scrambled and unwanted channels from my FTA satellite receiver? In other words to thin out the junk from the programme guide. -- RKP
June 6th 06 09:29 AM
by Adrian B Go to last post
7 276
Sony KV-28FQ75 by [email protected]
Hi can anyone help me please I have a Sony KV-28FQ75 tv from 2001. Is this set capable of showing HD pictures or alternatively, what hardware is needed to view HD pictures on this set. Fingers crossed...........................and hoping not to buy a new set. IAN
June 6th 06 09:29 AM
by ChrisM Go to last post
1 190
Post New Thread