Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Maximum Bit Error Rate? by Andrew R
What is (approximately) the max recommended BER on Freeview? I will explain why I want to know. Just before Christmas I had my aerial replaced with a "digital" one, 4 way distrib amp put in, all new CT100 equivalent cable. I mostly watch by recording on my Nebula DigiTV card, and expected a huge improvement. Before, analogue was OK on BBC1-Channel 4 but ropey on Five; recordings showed signs of...
February 5th 06 09:42 PM
by dowager Go to last post
3 1,624
Faulty masthead amp? by Richard Tobin
I bought a Labgear 4-way masthead amplifier: http://www.screwfix.com/prods/26562/Electrical-Supplies/TV-Range/Amplifiers-Distribution/Labgear-PUH141-PSM114V-Variable-Gain-Masthead-Amp-Kit-4-Way It doesn't work. There is no output signal at all (no picture on analogue, signal meters read 0 on digital). Is there any obvious mistake I can have made, or should I assume it is just faulty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 28th 09 10:21 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
16 1,624
Promax Prodig-2 by John Mce
Hi All, Just a quick note to anyone looking for a digital/analog terrestrial signal strength meter. I recently bought the above one and its fantastic, brilliant facilities and also mast head powering, and no I don't work for them. Cheers, John
March 16th 05 07:13 PM
by John Mce Go to last post
3 1,623
Maplin's Freesat Box by Geoff Lane
I have an existing small Sky contract and an old decoder box. I am looking to upgrade to allow for HDTV but would prefer to avoid the Sky boxes if possible. I was looking at a Maplin's product http://tinyurl.com/5rpsz6 and note that it has 2 CI slots for pay satellites. Would this take my current Sky card. Also, it mentions USB PVR function - plug in an external hard drive to
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 08 02:40 PM
by Geoff Lane Go to last post
18 1,622
Humax PVR-900T Playback Of Recordings Stutters - But Not On All Channels by Bob Huntley
Here's a weird one - I bought a PVR 900T a couple of weeks ago (and have since installed the latest software download). It mostly works fine, but I've got a problem with recordings of BBC3 - the recordings often stutter and skip (either the picture carries on with nothing but short blips of sound, or sometimes jumps forwards several seconds at a time). The odd thing is that this only occurs...
April 11th 11 08:31 AM
by Alun Webber Go to last post
3 1,621
BBC response to missing Look North by Bill Wright
Dear Mr Wright Thank you for your e-mail regarding BBC Look North on 3 July 2009. I understand that you're frustrated at being unable to view BBC Look North on 3 July 2009 due to extended coverage of 'Wimbledon'. We recognise that some areas of the country no longer have analogue transmissions and therefore regret any inconvenience caused to viewers
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 09 05:17 PM
by johnnie jones Go to last post
66 1,620
Fitting aerial on the roof by smb
Hi folks. My sister recently moved into a new (well, about 30 years old, but new for her) house. The previous occupants relied on ntl for their TV reception, but my sister is not so keen to sign up to their services. She wants to get an aerial fitted to connect to her freeview STB. Problem is, it's a mid-terrace house, with no chimley. A lot of the neighbours have SKY. I guess others...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 27th 04 08:57 PM
by Roger Go to last post
31 1,619
DAB discussion on the PM Blog by Graham.
DAB discussion on the PM Blog http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/pm/2008/01/dab_1.shtml -- Graham %Profound_observation%
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 12th 08 05:00 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
87 1,619
Analogue captions by jamie powell
Although I'm generally a really cool and trendy person, I still enjoy "anoraking" in my spare time. I spotted this on Moel-y-Parc earlier (received in Manchester, hence the bad reception) http://sites.google.com/site/jamiep84/Home/moel-y-parc1.png
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 17th 09 06:45 PM
by Graham.[_2_] Go to last post
71 1,619
BST/GMT Change over by Mark Carver
Who out there has had their DTT PVR clock set the correct time overnight ? My Topfield PVR has, but my Sony 710 DVD/HDD has not. There appears no way to manually correct the time on the Sony either. Tx fault, or receiver software bug ? -- Mark Please replace invalid and invalid with gmx and net to reply.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 1st 05 05:48 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
61 1,615
Cold War SW radio, was BBC 6 and Asian axe by Graham.[_2_]
"Mr Benn" wrote in message ... "Brian Gregory " wrote in message ... "alexander.keys1" wrote in message ... There are still some SW stations...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 10 01:40 PM
by Albert Ross Go to last post
32 1,615
EU Directive on TV ECO mode? by Dickie mint[_2_]
In a forum for the over 50's this was posted today: "Yes another EU directive for new tv,s is they must have an ECO setting this is normally turned on by default to reduce power consumption but if you want the best picture quality then you must turn it off. If you have purchased a new tv in the last couple of years and have not turned it off then do so" Can't immediately find a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 1st 15 07:26 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
47 1,612
"Antenna power" on a Humax PVR by Another John
We've recently acquired a Humax HDR-Fox T2 to replace our Wharfedale PVR ]] It seems that when we only want to watch the TV, we still have to have the PVR powered on, to get a signal on anything but BBC1 and 2. This wasn't the case with the older Wharfedale (i.e. it could be "Off", i.e. in stand-by I presume, and we could watch the TV in isolation). Does what I'm saying make sense? I...
October 20th 14 03:26 PM
by Chrisat27 Go to last post
8 1,612
DIY 3D TV by John Legon
Thought I'd post this here in case anyone's interested, with the Strictly final being broadcast in 3D and Planet Dinosaur early next year: http://www.john-legon.co.uk/3d-view.htm It's slightly crazy but it works... :-) -- John Legon
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 19th 11 04:45 PM
by Dave Farrance Go to last post
76 1,612
Top Up TV subscriber numbers - sombre reading pay DTT fans by bTj
I'm a subscriber to Top Up TV myself and through a friend of a friend have an inside contact at the TUTV call centre. What is worrying is the amount of subscribers so far, which only makes me hope that some big advertising and these new boxes come damn quick. On launch day, Top Up had (and I quote) "not more than 1500 subscribers" and current subs per day are "no where near being in the region...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 26th 04 10:39 PM
by fLaMePr0oF Go to last post
72 1,612
DTT a waste of time? by Andy
Hi all, Was actually told about this newsgroup by someone and decided to pay it a visit. After reading all the questions, stories etc on here about problems trying to get DTT to work, and one poster giving an account of an aerial on top of a 40foot scafold pole, why not just get Sky? I know its a complete PITA trying to get one of those so-called "BBC Cards" but it is a lot better than faffing...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 7th 04 10:14 PM
by AD C Go to last post
82 1,611
BT Vision STB by Peter[_6_]
I'm considering duming Sky when I move house in January and possibly going for BT Vision - can anyone please tell me what the i/p to the BT Vision STB is - i.e. Belling Lee, F-Type or RJ45? -- Cheers Peter (Reply to address is a spam trap - please reply to the group)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 16th 11 09:39 PM
by Paul Cummins[_2_] Go to last post
17 1,609
Youview trial box by [email protected]
I got mine today and its working well but apparently I'm not supposed to talk about it..so I wont
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 3rd 12 07:19 PM
by Alan[_4_] Go to last post
30 1,608
Maximum Distance from Sky DigiBox to Mini-Dish? by Robin Smith
Currently my Sky mini-dish is connected to the digibox by a length of cable approximately 10 metres. As I am having a kitchen extractor fan fitted where the dish is now, and need to move the dish to accommodate this. The only other suitable place is another exterior wall which would require an additional 20 metres cable run (to 30 metres). I trust this will be OK and not degrade signal quality...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 04 03:24 PM
by Don Pearce Go to last post
12 1,608
more hospital curiosities by Tim
Roderick Stewart wrote: In article , Clem Dye wrote: Not quite in the same league as Bill's post, but I spent ~4h in my local A&E a couple of days ago in the evening (well early AM by the time I got out). Anyway, what I thought stupid was the fact that HMG et al keep moaning on about the obesity...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
April 5th 12 03:32 PM
by TonyB Go to last post
79 1,605