Post New Thread
Getting german TV in UK by daveyand
Hey Guys, Sky used to have german channels on the packages but now dont. I was wondering if anyone knew how i could get these channels back. I have been told that some freeview boxes should or might be able to help me. Is this the case and can soemone recommend me one please. Any help will be very much appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 06 11:29 AM
by Gordon Dack Go to last post
17 550
Slingbox - always on or on-demand? by Madge O'Reene
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/157886 These slingbox devices - if I hook one up to, say, my PVR and my wireless network and my broadband connection: 1) I guess I can watch TV over my local network (not involving internet) in my house? 2) If I want to watch over the internet, can it recognise a request remotely and only then stream the video, or does it need to be streaming...
June 30th 06 11:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 294
Netgem boxes by Andrew Hodgson
Hi, What has happened to the Netgem boxes? I did a look around today regarding software updates etc, and the sites seemed to have no real activity since the middle of October 2005 - have they moved somewhere else or something? Thanks. Andrew. --
June 30th 06 11:13 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 285
Which way up is digital transmitted? by James
Hello All, I'm wondering, we have just got digital and have bought and installed a wide band aerial, we can visually see the transmitter as it's not far away, maybe 10 miles max. (We pointed the aerial at it) but we still get quite low quality reception. All works ok, but is down in the low end of reception strength, we have both the nokia media master and a goodmans cheapo, both have the same...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 30th 06 08:54 AM
by Dave Plowman (News) Go to last post
15 845
Digihome LCD26701HD 26" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV by tomboy
Amazon are selling this for "only" 379 - anyone got any experience of it?
June 29th 06 08:15 PM
by tomboy Go to last post
0 236
lcd 17 tv by Johnnie Scott
Looking for a LCD for my motorhome 12v + 240 v 17" Scart input plus phono video in (for security camera) analogue + digital tuner and universal wall bracket any suggestions please John
June 29th 06 12:54 PM
by John Russell Go to last post
2 213
C4 live streaming launched by DAB sounds worse than FM
You've got to register first: http://geo.channel4.com/player/simulcast/index.jsp In Statistics it's saying that the video bit rate is 391 kbps WMV9 (I don't know if that'll be the same for everybody), but they're only using 32 kbps WMA9 for the audio. The video looks a lot better than you'd expect for 391 kbps, whereas the audio sounds crap, which is what you'd expect from 32 kbps (why on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 29th 06 11:00 AM
by DAB sounds worse than FM Go to last post
31 1,146
setpal 7 day epg trial by Graham Moore
Anyone got any suggestions about how to reset the subscription code on the setpal 7 day epg? The trial became active just over a week ago and one of my darling children has gone and entered zeros and locked it up. The box works fine but the subscriptions status just says it is waiting for authorization. This means no trial and no option to actually pay up. Been like it for a couple of days...
June 29th 06 01:14 AM
by Alan Go to last post
8 262
Thomson DHD4000 PVR channel order by harrogate3
Got one of these boxes today - after having done my Internet homework - from Argos for GBP99.99. Fans not unacceptably noisy as reviews suggest, but it does get hot. Playback quality is quite superb, even on LP. However it seems that it stores stations in the order that it finds them. I get Bilsdale (mainly A-group) and Emley Moor (all B-group): it selects BBC1 from Emley as chan 1, but insists...
June 28th 06 11:16 PM
by David Wade Go to last post
7 296
recording subtitles from freeview box by lap
Hi, I wonder if my freeview box is faulty. It's working perfectly well apart from recording subtitles whenever I decide to use the timer. I set subtitles to be on every time however when I schedule the box to be open on a channel at a certain time it does not have the subtitles on by then. After my program in timer I used to turn the freeview box off. If I leave the box turned on timer will...
June 28th 06 06:38 PM
by Max Demian Go to last post
2 704
fanfare by Bill Wright
Does anyone know how to write a loud fanfare? I shall shortly be making an announcement on here that will be greeted by all right-thinking practitioners of the digital art with unconfined joy. There will be dancing in the streets of Newsgroup City. I think a fanfare would be appropriate, but I don't know how to write one. Ideas anyone? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 06 05:20 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
19 473
Nebula DigiTV USB - No DigiTV Master Device Found? by Richard
Ive just installed the latest DigiTV software and usibg it with my DigiTV USB unit. I am getting a message keep popping up over the TV pictures saying 'No DigiTV Master Device Found' Can anyone tell me why Im getting this message and how to stop it popping up (every 10 seconds) Thanks Richard
June 28th 06 04:43 PM
by Ben Go to last post
4 462
Sagem pvr6240t - "red button" question re Freeview component by cprelude
Hi...Does anyone know the correct button to press on this model, which will activate the onscreen "red button" for interactive searches on the BBC, e.g., Wimbledon interactive? We cannot seem to find such a button on the remote for this model...Feels like we've tried every button too!
June 28th 06 03:35 PM
by Pyriform Go to last post
4 202
best freeview box for pic quality? by nick
ive gone through 2 Sagem's (utterly wank, they both reboot randomly), a Daewoo setpal (went bad after 1yr) and my Pace Twin is looking a bit old. I just want a good picture with no pixilation.
June 28th 06 03:01 PM
by Hawkins Go to last post
9 227
Voip Updated Howto,Voip AT Home by [email protected]
How this is possible, what is the standard, what systems are used, how cost.. http://flying-rugs.com/voip/VoIP-HOWTO.html
June 28th 06 08:05 AM
by FDJ Go to last post
1 181
Antiference TCX10 by -
Can anyone confirm whether or not these now come with the metal bolt on reflectors rather than the annoying plastic push in ones which are ridiculous. The TCX18a's I bought a while back came with "new all metal reflector" and they are much more robust. I am nearly out of the TCX10a's and don't think i'll buy them unless the reflectors have been changed on these too. Cheers
June 27th 06 05:58 PM
by - Go to last post
0 164
Telewest TV Drive Returned -Had Enough ! by Owen Shaw
Hi Guys Just a story for you Any similar horror stories ? Had Telewest TV Drive fitted and 2 extra set top boxes(non Drive) 18 days ago now What a mistake that was
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 27th 06 12:26 PM
by :::Jerry:::: Go to last post
20 533
Cancel Sky after one week? by [email protected]
I got my Sky subscription last week (communal service), and spent a week trying to get it working well (reception is not very good, some audio and visual noise present). After talk to a neighbour today I learned that this is common problem, everyone in the building have it, and apparently Sky engineers cannot do anything about that. Can I cancel my new subscription because of this problem?...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 27th 06 12:11 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 543
small freeview TV? by Rob Hemmings
Any website have a list of 15" or under TVs (CRT or LCD) which have a built-in freeview tuner? I can't believe how much trouble I'm having in finding one! No wonder analogue is taking so long to switch off.. Cheers, -- Rob
6 589
Wiring coaxial cable to loft aerial/antenna by Dando
We have two antennae or aerials (depending on your terminology) in the loft put in by a previous house-owner. One feeds our lounge and provides a near perfect Freeview picture with Channel 5 blipping out for half a second only very rarely. Our bedroom is a different matter. Reception is better using an unpowered TV top antenna than it is connected up to the second loft antenna.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 27th 06 08:59 AM
by Dando Go to last post
35 2,817