Post New Thread
Multiple SCARTs by Albert
I am looking for some clarification about using SCARTs please. If one has, say, a PVR and a VCR both connected to a TV using a SCART selector box, how does the system decide which output is displayed on the TV? I have fought shy of too many SCART connections (just got one from the PVR to VCR and another from PVR to TV) to avoid the system (and us) getting confused, but I am interested to...
March 8th 07 11:01 PM
by Beck Go to last post
8 265
Watch online TV and listen radio programes by Stenli
Dear members, you can watch free tv and listen radio programs, educational programs, business, financial news, movies, animation, music and TV series from all over the world without any registration: http://www.television.bg/ I think that would be useful to you.
March 9th 07 10:14 AM
by madge Go to last post
5 233
Waltham BBC by John
Came back from holiday and booted up the STB only to find a really low signal on BBC 1 and BBC2. Does anyone know if there is a problem? John (just found this group)
March 9th 07 10:38 AM
by Peter Hayes Go to last post
4 181
Pinnacle Media Center - Any better software? by
Hi, I am currently using Pinnacle Media Center to view TV via a USB TV stick. Is there any software that you would recommend? Thanks.
March 9th 07 12:57 PM
by Resident Drunk Go to last post
5 312
Bizarre Satellite Wiring Problem by Mike Edwards
For months I have had problems on a couple of channels with my Sky installation. All the others worked fine but these two would break up immediately. I live in a block of flats with a communal aerial. The company that maintains it came around and fitted an amplifier in to the circuit but the problem persisted. Trying the box in other rooms showed the channels worked fine there. It was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 07 06:26 PM
by Bill Wright Go to last post
12 429
Anyone want a high gain group A aerial? by Marky P
Tried to flog a spare Televes X43 group A aerial on ebay but no sale :-(. It's unused ans still boxed, if anyone's interested. 10 plus postage. Marky P.
March 9th 07 08:08 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
0 215
pregnancy by davidrsalsbury
pregnancy tests available at http:// www.earlypregnancytests4u.co.uk Early Pregnancy Tests 4 U provide two types of dependable early- detection pregnancy tests: the pregnancy test strip and the midstream pregnancy test. We also provide Ovulation Tests allowing you to predict when you ovulate. These also come in both the above types. All tests comply both to British standards and American FDA...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 07 02:13 AM
by Johnny B Good Go to last post
11 320
Recording from digital TV by Bill Ridgeway
I hope I'm on the right NG. Apologies if not. I have an analogue cable feed from Virgin Media (ex NTL). The box also has an input for an aerial. Programmes are mainly recorded from the aerial which means we can programme the video go away and leave it. It isn't possible to record from the cable channels as someone has to switch between the channels which rather negates the main reason...
March 11th 07 08:03 AM
by Bill Ridgeway Go to last post
7 236
Shiny Loft Insulation - Effect by Geoff Lane
I've recently installed a Proception proMHD14V - four-way amplifier in my daughter's home. It is feeding two TVs, I do have a few cable adapters in the loft and am wondering something; In the loft it is insulated with solid blocks between the rafters and the blocks are faced with a reflective material. Would this type of insulation have a detrimental effect on the signal.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 11th 07 11:30 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
16 1,357
Energy Saving on Standby ..How good are your boxes? by Horovan
From the Guardian February 22nd last :- http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2017969,00.html "If Toshiba's research is right, of course, people would rather leave their devices on and save the environment too, please. Bearing this in mind, Currys has investigated an alternative angle and made its latest two own-brand digital receivers, the Logik Vesa and the Ferguson FD1 Prism...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 11th 07 05:32 PM
by stevo Go to last post
96 2,070
Samsung SP42W5HFX/XEO projection TV by Ivan
About 18 months ago a friend of mine who ran a small family TV repair business received a phone call from the owner of a 42 inch Samsung projection TV. Apparently it was OK when she switched it off at night and the next day there was no picture. She asked him if he would at least look at it as she couldn't find anyone who appeared remotely interested in repairing it, and the company it...
March 11th 07 10:21 PM
by Ivan Go to last post
0 438
TopUp TV ripoff by Doug Paulley
I am one of the mugs still on the old Topup TV offering. Today I tried to get Discovery and couldn't find it. I checked the Topup TV website. http://www.topup.tv/current.html "There are further changes to the original Top Up TV service happening early February 2007
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 07 03:24 AM
by Ephesian Go to last post
21 675
issue with some freeview channels by Stuart
Hi there, I am about 10-15 miles away from this transmitter and the aerial is pointing directly at it. http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=SZ447865 its a new high gain aerial made for freeview. I have got issues with 2 of the muxes. I have issues with channels 30 and 32 (MUX A and B).
March 12th 07 09:20 AM
by Dave Go to last post
7 278
BBC DOG ****s on its paying viewers by Agamemnon
Have you seen the stinking DOG **** on the Castaway BBCi channel yet? It fills up one quarter of the screen and out does even the FiveUS DOG for sheer annoyance factor. It's totally unwatchable. F***ing *******.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 07 05:12 PM
by Bob Martin Go to last post
20 1,150
Problem with 2nd Sky box by Marky P
Hi, Just installed a quad LNB for a friend so they could have a second Sky box in their bedroom. Problem is, they can't get any more than the basic channels, even with the card inserted. The main box downstairs is fine. It's just a Freesat card, Any ideas? Is swapping cards not possible? Marky P.
March 12th 07 10:08 PM
by Marky P Go to last post
8 245
Is the Flat-Screen Telly a bit of a con? by Horovan
I watch TV on a Philips Pixel-Plus I CRT television bought in 2004 for about 1000....at the same time it was married to a Panansonic TU-CT20 Freeview box and the pictures have always been absolutely superb for colour , contrast and above all detail.....I have yet to see in any store and I have looked a lot or in the homes of my friends with a Freeview or Sky signal,anything be it plasma or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 07 10:24 PM
by Turkey Cough Go to last post
96 1,918
Freeview v's Analogue Signals by Capt Jack Sparrow
We receive the signal from Sandy Heath (we're in North Cambridgeshire) and in the last few weeks I have noticed a marked deterioration in the quality of the analogue signals in our area. ITV1 in particular tends to be grainy, and to a lesser degree both BBC channels and Channel 4 are. First thought was an aerial problem, but the Freeview (Netgem boxes) are both superb, no pixilation or...
March 13th 07 09:59 AM
by tony sayer Go to last post
3 254
Best Place to Site a Plasma TV by Steve
Hi, are there any 'do's and 'donts' for deciding where to place a plasma (42") in a front room. My current tv is located in front of a large bay window so no light shining onto the screen but the window behind the screen. Is that going to affect the veiwing quality of a plasma.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 13th 07 10:26 AM
by Roderick Stewart Go to last post
20 558
A National Wireless Network ? by gbh
There have been calls recently for a free public wireless network for computers - instead of the ad hoc commercial networks we have now. Now this might be feasible for cities and large towns to supply but would be very inefficient for rural areas - where it is probably more needed. But how about a licensed network - along the lines of the BBC, that is, a British Network Corporation? Its remit...
March 13th 07 03:40 PM
by the dog from that film you saw Go to last post
6 247
Freeview Box - Dolby Digital out? by Slitheen
I have bought a new Freeview box, a Philips DTR210. On the box, it says it has a SPDIF Dolby Digital bitstream output....which is a coaxial output. It carries the Dolby Digital logo on the box too. But do any Freeview channels actually broadcast in Dolby? I was dubious of it to start with, and now I have connected it to my Dolby amp via coaxial, my suspicions are confirmed. It is just...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 13th 07 09:23 PM
by Slitheen Go to last post
12 426