Post New Thread
  Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
What time do we have to re-tune? by Graham Murray
With the upcoming DSO at Hannington next week, what time does the actual changeover happen? Obviously re-tuning too early will be pointless and leaving it too late runs the risk of people with PVRs missing planned recordings.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 19th 12 10:48 AM
by Terry Casey[_2_] Go to last post
54 1,682
OTish, for those thrifty types who like xp. by Brian Gaff[_2_]
With the demise of Microsoft support for Windows XP, they seem to be indulging in scare tactics in order to sell new systems. Time will no doubt tell if the security risks are really as great as they say. One of the tactics they have indulged in is to create a new version of Microsoft Security Essentials whose prime purpose seems to be to direct you to a web site counting down to end of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 13th 14 11:01 PM
by Java Jive[_2_] Go to last post
99 1,681
PVR 9200 TB/S by Ivan
I've just impulse bought a Humax PVR 9200 TB/S (which I collect tomorrow) I'm now beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing, however I believe a number of people on this newsgroup have mentioned in the past that they have this particular model and wonder if any of them would be good enough pass on any good or bad points they have encountered TIA. PS it will mean certain death for me...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 15th 07 10:17 AM
by Ivan Go to last post
50 1,680
Editing and burning TV programmes recorded on DVD-RW by divoch
I have bought my first DVD recorder, Panasonic DMR-EZ25EB and some DVD-RW discs. I made my first recording from TV but now wonder what best value software should I get for just removing extra bits at the start and end of the recordings and in future also cutting out commercial breaks. I would like something with a simple, user friendly interface and which can be used both to edit files...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 07 03:47 PM
by Adam Sampson Go to last post
27 1,677
Vibrating Sky+ Box by Ed[_2_]
We recently got a new TV unit, and the Sky+ box is now not behind glass, so the spinning hard disk is vaguely annoying, but not half as much as when it decides to vibrate and buzzes loudly. Simply tapping it gently stops the noise, but i can't be doing this regularly. Has anyone else had such a problem and found a way around it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 09 11:54 AM
by paul nicholson Go to last post
13 1,677
+1 channels by viewer[_4_]
I'm tired of the proliferation of +1 channels, eg ITV1+1. Ch4 +1. What we need are -1 (minus 1) channels. Especially on Channel 4, Racing UK and At the Races. This way, I can see the winners, back them, and never need to work again.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 13 03:12 PM
by Mike[_19_] Go to last post
65 1,676
Sky doing away with dishes?? by Brian Gaff
I was intrigued by a comment from an expert on one of these late night phone ins the other day about the great plan for Sky is to be completely internet based in a few years, thus no dish will be needed. Does this not in effect make them a cable company? If they do go this route, where would that leave freesat? Brian -- ----- - This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 10th 17 09:45 PM
by Roderick Stewart[_3_] Go to last post
87 1,675
Gaussian Blur on Eurovision by Agamemnon
I think I've worked out the reason for the radius 1 Gaussian Blur on the BBC's coverage of the Eurovision. It's there to remove dot crawl and other PAL artefacts because somewhere along the line the BBC has converted the digital feed into composite PAL analogue in order to insert its own Televoting captions and then redigitised it. They did exactly the same thing on the Athens 2004 Olympics...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 22nd 07 05:15 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
49 1,675
BBC HD on Freeview by DAB sounds worse than FM
http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,,2171871,00.html "The BBC is aiming to make the HD channel available on digital satellite digital and cable TV by late 2008, with nine hours a day of programming with 95% of the schedule comprising HD versions of existing corporation shows. But on Freeview the BBC says it can only launch a four-hours-a-day HD channel, between 2am and 6am, because...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 07 11:43 PM
by Dom Robinson Go to last post
68 1,675
Which changeover to digital TV campaign has the better animatedcharacters? by J G Miller[_3_]
Digital UK has robot which looks like it escaped from a Cadbury's Smash TV commecial. http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/ Saorview has a cat and a dog. http://www.saorview.IE/ Which according to your personal preference is better, and why?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 20th 11 08:07 PM
by Ian Jackson[_3_] Go to last post
84 1,675
Mobile DVB-T Using Least Robust Mode by Steve
See page 13 of: http://www.dvb.org/documents/newsletters/DVB-SCENE-08.pdf (1.0 MB) 64-QAM, code rate = 3/4, 8K subcarriers, low priority hierarchical modulation stream was successfully received at 120 kmh using the latest mobile DVB-T diversity receiver in Sydney. That's 24 Mbps mux capacity isn't it? (equivalent to 125 x 192kbps stations)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 04 07:59 AM
by Richard L. Go to last post
60 1,673
Problems with my Humax PVR 8000T by Ed
I bought a Humax PVR 8000T in about January/February and generally I have been very pleased with it, and the last update brough recording from the radio which was an great. I am not sure if this is linked with the last update but about once a week now my box forgets it is a PVR and has a harddrive, which it did not before. Now if this was just a temporary glitch I would not mind, but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 17th 05 08:49 PM
by Paul Dundas Go to last post
21 1,672
Top Up TV now appears to be evolving into a rip-off by Deep Thought
Am I alone in this dissatisfaction?.. I have to voice my disgust that as a long term TUTV customer they are now informing us all that they are removing some channels completely, also reducing the broadcast hours of the only movie channel (TCM) and the next-best channel (in my opinion) UKTVGold - WITHOUT any reduction in the existing fee... all this to make way for the new optional "Anytime"...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 15th 06 05:41 PM
by Mike Dyer Go to last post
42 1,672
Windows freeware for analysing DVB-T2? by Robin[_8_]
Is there such a thing pl as freeware for Windows which will do for DVB-T2 (MPEG-4) what TSReader Lite does for DVB-T? I've failed miserably to find anything - or to find evidence that there ain't such a thing. Even something as simple as ScanChannelsBDA would do as all I'm trying to do is move a PCTV 290e to a newer laptop which ought to be able to handle the HD channels. So far I've not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 14 09:41 AM
by Jim Lesurf[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,671
Just had a quote for a new aerial....Skyforce by larkim
Just been quoted 254 + VAT for a "DMX5" 32 element "high gain" X type aerial from Skyforce!! I nearly wet myself.... Apparently, where I live (WA6 6 - Frodsham) I'd need a wideband aerial - I told him that the transmitter says I need a grouped one (C/D), but apparently "wideband aerials are recommended for digital" and "I wouldn't be able to get channels 40 and 43 which I'd need for radio. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 20th 05 07:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
50 1,671
Great mysteries of our age by Bill Wright
1. From the ordinary viewer's point of view, what is the functional difference between the backlight control and the brightness control on a modern TV set? How should the knowledgeable expert explain this to his customer so as to make the provision of both controls not appear to be needless duplication? 2. What is the origin of the 19" rack? Puzzled, Rotherham
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 16th 08 05:00 PM
by Alan Pemberton Go to last post
83 1,670
Humax VA-Fox software update? by Andy
Hi all, Not sure if anyone can help out here. I have a Humax VA-Fox and was having a look at the STB Status. It says that the software was last updated on the 28th Feb 2002. Clearly this is now 3 years old and I would quite like to update this if possible. Having visited the Humax website and registered, I cant see anything on there specifically regarding the VA-Fox. The F1-Fox and all those...
February 17th 05 07:17 PM
by Andrew Scott Go to last post
3 1,670
Radio 3 in NW London by john east[_2_]
Radio 3 on a Sony dab radio is 'consistantly' of very low volume compared with all other radio stations that I receive. It's weak even when the 'signal strength' is fine. It's in the NW London, finchley central/mill hill area. Anything that I can do about this would you say?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 11th 12 03:54 PM
by Bill Wright[_2_] Go to last post
99 1,669
New mux planned - Out of GRP A - Crystal Palace by -
Anybody know anything about this? Apparantly there will probably be a mux transmitted on CH42 in addition to the 6 planned ones within group A after switchover. I can't really find much information about this but it's got me wondering whether I should be using wideband aerials on CP unless I really need the extra special oomph of a GRP A....... Anyone got any information on this additional...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 25th 08 09:18 PM
by tony sayer Go to last post
22 1,666
Which TV to go with Humax 9200T? by Guy Snape
I have a Humax 9200T PVR which I'm very happy with. Until recently, we were watching it through a hitachi CRT, and it looked fine, but the tube went so I bought an Acoustic Solutions 26" LCD from Argos. Yes, I know it's a very cheap TV and you get what you pay for ... but the picture is just atrocious - very grainy and unclear. A bit of googling suggests that this is a widespread problem...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 15th 08 02:36 PM
by Peter Duncanson Go to last post
43 1,665